Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

AC Delco or Optima

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
I haven't had good luck with my red tops. My current one is 4 years old. It was about 1yr old when I bought it, so only 3 yrs to me. And it wont hold charge more than about 4 days w/o a battery tender. Previous red top in different car did the same thing. My delco lasted 6 years until the post just sheared off while sitting in the parking lot. Otherwise there was nothing wrong with it. I would go with whoever offers the best warranty plan.
You have a bad or old red top then. My car has been sitting and hasnt moved for almost a month. Ive been in and out of it to grab things, etc and it fired right up yesterday no problem. My battery is prob a year or so old now.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
You have a bad or old red top then. My car has been sitting and hasnt moved for almost a month. Ive been in and out of it to grab things, etc and it fired right up yesterday no problem. My battery is prob a year or so old now.
I know. I have been saying this for a while. It's just hard to convince people to warranty it when they dont see an obvious failure. There's not a drain on the car anywhere. I have checked numerous times. I believe it is the battery for sure. There just isn't any point in buying a new one when the battery tender takes care of it 99% of the time. Mine rarely comes out the garage anymore.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I completely understand. I have a buddy that works at a place that carries Optimas so i get em cheaper than normal through his discount and he swaps them if I ever have issues. Not that I have needed to swap one out but it's 100% under warranty should I need to.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Default Happy with Optima battery

I have been delighted with my deep-cycle Optima Yellow Top battery, which I've had for three years in my Camaro. I rarely drive my car, and it always starts perfectly despite occasionally sitting for weeks on end.

I had an Optima Red Top in my wife's Saturn Vue for over five years, and it served us faithfully through the time we sold the vehicle.

Quick Reply: AC Delco or Optima