Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The tuner is vin controlled.

That was the problem with the early V's.

Not a "showstopper" but it did require a correction via TECH II.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
The tuner is vin controlled.

That was the problem with the early V's.

Not a "showstopper" but it did require a correction via TECH II.
What service did you use by the link you provided.

Hmmm, in regards to the vin control. Wouldn't the superchips not even allow you to start programming if the vin is the issue?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by soulja
What service did you use by the link you provided.

Hmmm, in regards to the vin control. Wouldn't the superchips not even allow you to start programming if the vin is the issue?
I had Ed retune my current PCM that was originally tuned by STEALTH.

The SUPERCHIP should not have allowed the PCM to program because of the VIN identifier, but I don't know if the PCM has been modified or the SUPERCHIP.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Launching!

I had Ed retune my current PCM that was originally tuned by STEALTH.

The SUPERCHIP should not have allowed the PCM to program because of the VIN identifier, but I don't know if the PCM has been modified or the SUPERCHIP.
Well i know the pcm was stock, as for the programmer, I don't know. Regardless, I can't get any comm to the pcm with the progammer and I tried my obd reader with no success also.
Are the symptoms of a bricked pcm when you tried to start the car all of the interior lights including the radio, dash, and window button turn off when I turn the key?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would quit screwing around with the PCM...hit up EdCat (he's over in the Tuning/PCM diag section) and see what he thinks. He is able to un-brick PCM's if they are not too far gone.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DMM
I would quit screwing around with the PCM...hit up EdCat (he's over in the Tuning/PCM diag section) and see what he thinks. He is able to un-brick PCM's if they are not too far gone.
Ok, I sent him a PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Okay, so it looks like I have to purchase another PCM. Ed even stated it cheaper to go that route rather than paying to unbrick the current one. With that said, what are somethings I need to know in regard to a PCM swap. Will my key/key fob lose it's programming. If I buy a used one from someone, is the VIN burned in? Any additional info is appreciated.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, so it looks like I have to purchase another PCM. Ed even stated it cheaper to go that route rather than paying to unbrick the current one. With that said, what are somethings I need to know in regard to a PCM swap. Will my key/key fob lose it's programming. If I buy a used one from someone, is the VIN burned in? Any additional info is appreciated.
If the FOB is programmed to the PCM then Its just a simple reprogram via a tech II to your new one. that being said i don't know if its the PCM or another control module that pairs with the FOB.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

They need to program in the vin.

I would get a replacement that is pre-tuned for your car.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Okay, so I got another pc with my Vin paired and the stock CTS-V tune. The car fired right up. I think I may give the programmer another shot. In hindsight, when I first did the programming, I forgot to unhook my amp and intercooler pump from the battery. That may have caused the program to fail in the middle of it and brick my first PCM. I don't think the programmer is vin locked as it would not let me start programming if it was locked.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Launching!

You can do an inline 255 and not drop the tank - just plumb it in before the fuel filter as the fuel filter also acts as the regulator. Works like a charm - easy to wire to the same spot the magnavolt guide advises to wire the magnavolt to.

Your injectors are going to be vastly larger than the ECM is tuned for, I can't say I tried it, nor would I; but I kinda doubt it starts and runs to even drive to a tuner.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Update:

The Walbro fuel pump was installed. I used the copper pipe method and banged the lock ring so much that I ordered another to replace it. I then picked up a used lock ring ring for a Chevy Equinox for $6 off of Ebay and cut it up till it fit my lock ring. Worked like a charmed.

I have also ran the Racetronix Harness. That was pretty simple once I was able to push the connectors through the access panel hole from under the car.

1BADCTS sold me his old PCM that had a tune on it for the supercharger. I managed to change the VIN with HPTuners, get around the VATS relearn.

The car fired up and idles great and revs great. I have to put my bumper cover back on and take it for a test drive.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

You might want to see if you can reprogram your old PCM for passing emissions testing.

(don't ask why)
Old 08-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Launching!

You might want to see if you can reprogram your old PCM for passing emissions testing.

(don't ask why)
Haha in Michigan? No emissions testing here?
Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha in Michigan? No emissions testing here?
Lucky bastard.

I literally fucked around for over a year with the CA DMV getting my car passed (it finally did).

Glad for you your car is up and running.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to hear the beast is running...
Old 08-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Launching!

So I took it out just to see how it drives. I didn't push it cause one of my tires was real low. Boy are the headers loud, but I could tell that I had a leak at the connector on the driver side. I will try to alleviate that and report back.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Launching!

I will definitely be looking into either mufflers or high flow cats to quiet it down.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Yeah, wrapping definitely takes some patience, along with gloves and long sleeves. That stuff frays easily and leaves particles ALL over you. I think mine turned out pretty nicely. Some say wrapped headers are ugly, but I kinda like the look along with the heat protection.
I think I may have to invent a dip or "brush on" header wrap. It will be almost like having a cast put on a broken arm. Lay the product on in wet sheets, then paint on the cover goop and let it set up. Pick your own color. I think it'll sell pretty well....I'll let everyone know when its ready for purchase.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Yeah, wrapping definitely takes some patience, along with gloves and long sleeves. That stuff frays easily and leaves particles ALL over you. I think mine turned out pretty nicely. Some say wrapped headers are ugly, but I kinda like the look along with the heat protection.
You did a good job man. Exhaust wraps are definitely worth it. When I see wrapped headers I think it looks great because I know its good for performance.

Quick Reply: That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....