Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Installing ground control kit this afternoon... Any tips to make it easier??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll play with spring rates later. For now, I like where it's at

Lolly... Thanks for the link bud! Maybe I'll tackle those this weekend. I need to do it soon so I won't snap these stockers cause I hear they don't like much drop.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Update...

Car drives and rides great but I'm hearing a squeaking/creaking sound from up front. Any idea what it could be? Something to do with the sway bar from being on stock end links?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Update...

Car drives and rides great but I'm hearing a squeaking/creaking sound from up front. Any idea what it could be? Something to do with the sway bar from being on stock end links?
Does it occur when turning or when driving in a relatively straight line?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

It doesn't happen constantly. Noticed it after I took a couple quick turns in the back of a neighborhood and then it happened for a short bit after I straightened it out. So I guess u could say both. I'll try to narrow it down to one or the other when I drive it again in a bit.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to reply to every post in here but never had time.

Swapping suspension again this weekend, 750th time. Might be a record...

Check this out:

FML! that's a brand new rear fg2.

Last edited by Cadzilla; 09-01-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Your primary concern should be wrecking your fenders when performing sharp, low speed turns over bumpy roads.
Sorry this is off topic, but I know THIS^^^ all too well, & all I have is an Eibach kit with QA1's. Both my front fender lips are damaged, especially the passenger side. It's been pulled out about 3-4 times when taking turns into shopping center driveways. I had to physically roll the lip back under with floor jack handle. Bent to hell, pulled out, cracked paint, you name it... It SUCKS, but no way to alleviate the problem at this point, the car needs new fenders now, & they would need to be rolled. The Front fenders honestly should've been rolled under from the factory IMO. Anybody else experience this issue?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EPIK
Sorry this is off topic, but I know THIS^^^ all too well, & all I have is an Eibach kit with QA1's. Both my front fender lips are damaged, especially the passenger side. It's been pulled out about 3-4 times when taking turns into shopping center driveways. I had to physically roll the lip back under with floor jack handle. Bent to hell, pulled out, cracked paint, you name it... It SUCKS, but no way to alleviate the problem at this point, the car needs new fenders now, & they would need to be rolled. The Front fenders honestly should've been rolled under from the factory IMO. Anybody else experience this issue?
Yes. Sounds like my issue isn't as bad as yours...only minor deformation. It'll be fixed when I have my hood painted. They have to repaint the top face of the fenders anyway to color match against the hood.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

My fenders are damaged at all and I'm low. I'm just super careful when taking driveways...

And damn... That broken thread pic sucks?

Quick Reply: Installing ground control kit this afternoon... Any tips to make it easier??