Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Monster Clutch Remote Bleeder Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Clutch Remote Bleeder Installed

Haven't seen any reviews of this on here. http://www.monsterclutches.com/shop/...svbleeder.html
But I rolled the dice and threw it while i was replacing my slave and so far seems to be working fine. I added a tiny drop of blue loctite to the threads inside the bellhousing, b/c I really didn't want that to come loose. It's only been in a week, but so far so good.

Last edited by gabe-v; 08-16-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great price for a bleeder but 18" seems short. I have one and love it.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think red loctite might have been a better choice, but you should be fine.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Yeah i know folks like the longer ones (that's what she said), but with a mighty vac installed I can pump the mighty vac with one hand and dump fluid in with the other.

I just see a lot of stuff about the LAPD bleeder and hadn't seen any reviews out there on the monster. So I wanted to throw one on here that says this is working for at least one person.

On a side note Monster double shipped me so I have a spare. I offered to send it back if they wanted to send FedEx by to pick it up, but so far haven't heard a response from me email...might not be worth the cost to them. So I may have a spare if anyone is interested.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

How far does it reach into the engine bay.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Teching In

I hook to it from underneath and zip tie it up when I'm finished bleeding
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gabe-v
I hook to it from underneath and zip tie it up when I'm finished bleeding
This.

My LAPD reaches just a tad past the clutch reservoir. I ziptied it to an AC by the back of the engine just in case, but it has never moved.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the tick version. Initially I put red loctite on the threads of the slave fitting on mine and the brake fluid ate it. Then it leaked. Jury is still out as to whether or not it was the tiny void left when the loctite dissolved that allowed it to leak or the fact that I mauled the fitting trying to bend it. Had a shop replace the fitting and excluded the loctite and all is ok.

On a sidenote, aerosol hairspray does an oddly amazing job getting loctite or any adhesive off anything, including your hands.

Oh and it might be worth getting a mityvac pump. After bleeding several times unsuccessfully despite the remote bleeder I couldn't get a good pedal. Now it's much better, perhaps a good as it's going to get until I put some really good fluid in there. All I can think of is that maybe during normal bleeding the upstroke was pulling bubbles back down toward the slave in that long bleeder line..

That mityvac sucked ***** on brakes though. Haven't tried on mine but I did the wifes maxima. Seemed like the force necessary to expeditiously suck fluid a long distance only pulled more air between the bleeder threads, making it difficult to tell when you had all the bubbles out.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. Thanks for the review. Does it fit through the stock bellhouse opening well?

Last edited by MacLEAN; 08-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Teching In

It fit the bellhousing perfectly for me....this is with a stock slave, stock clutch, stock, flywheel, etc.

As to brakefluid eating my loctite I really really really hope that doesn't happen, but I did put it far up the threads to keep it away from fluid and still snugged it really well. So far so good, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think 18" should suffice. It's a straight shot up to the reservoir from the bellhousing. I've seen some guys with longer remote bleeders have to coil them up in the engine bay--doesn't look nearly as clean. I think mine is 18" and ends perfectly right next to the reservoir.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Remote Bleeder Installed