Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Extreme Composite Hood and Bodywork

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Extreme Composite Hood and Bodywork

I picked up a vented EC hood for my Caddy and had my bumpers and some damage to the drivers side rear molding done. All in all I think they did a great job! They charged me $1800 for hood install, finish and paint, front bumper repair and paint, rear bumper refinish and paint,and side molding paint and install. (not the greatest pics but you get the idea)

Old 08-20-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Turned out great! Not a bad price
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That's an awesome price. Do you have a copy of the quote that they gave you? I was quoted $2100 to repair and repaint minor damage to my front bumper, plus my unvented EC hood.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Seems like a good price to me. I paid $1000 to have my EC hood prepped and painted and my new front bumper cover prepped and painted. They also blended everything and buffed the whole car for me and detailed it inside and out. I deal with a bad *** (high dollar) shop but I've been to them so much with previous vehicles ive owned that they always hook me up now. I came $700 outta pocket for everything cause they gave me a $300 credit for my stock hood since it was perfect. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
That's an awesome price. Do you have a copy of the quote that they gave you? I was quoted $2100 to repair and repaint minor damage to my front bumper, plus my unvented EC hood.
Here is a copy of the receipt.

Prep and paint EC Hood w vents
Repair and paint front bumper
Repair and paint rear bumper
fix and paint door step
replace and paint rear side rocker - cost $259 to by new one
retainer clips

$1778.94...Pretty decent price for sure.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny...I just bought a new right rear rocker because it got damaged in a hydraulic jack accident. Looks like we'll be having almost exactly the same work done.

It's also kind of funny that I'm still debating whether I made the right choice about the vents or not.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

That really looks great...I have a silver 06 and I can't get those hoods out of my head! Some members we discussing water draining issues. Did you have them address this before they even started? I was gonna go with the unvented just because of the water draining problem but I'd much rather have the vented. You must be thrilled!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Default A few more pics

There are pics from many angles to give you guys the complete view.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Launching!

It is a poor design for water drainage. We had a major rain storm and all was dry; there might have been a drop or two of water. I have been to a hand car wash where I just tell them don't spray directly in the vents and all was well. Tonight I went through my first touchless automated wash and it was all good; a couple of drops. I will continue to think of a way to improve this; but for now it seems to be OK.

Originally Posted by NeonRon
That really looks great...I have a silver 06 and I can't get those hoods out of my head! Some members we discussing water draining issues. Did you have them address this before they even started? I was gonna go with the unvented just because of the water draining problem but I'd much rather have the vented. You must be thrilled!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Default Under Hood Pics

And for the under hood heat and noise suppression...It dropped about 6 decibels after adding the Dynamat Extreme and Dynamat Hoodliner.

Quick Reply: Extreme Composite Hood and Bodywork