Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

The inevitable is happening... Who wants to trade exhausts??? Lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The inevitable is happening... Who wants to trade exhausts??? Lol

Well fellas,
Kickin around the idea of trying something else again. I know I know... "AGAIN??"! Right??? There... I said it for y'all. Lol I just like change.

Anyway, I have obx headers, kooks catless connectors and full 3" B&B exhaust with X-pipe. Not all completely stainless as i had it fabbed together by a shop but the mufflers are stainless. It's a quality job with quality welds. I have pics and vids posted here from when i had it done in another thread ill put the link to at the end of this post. I have since added electric cutouts up at the front by the headers but I'm keeping the motors. I'll put the block off plates on the ports so u can manually install and remove the caps or order your own electrics for them but the electrics i currently have will be going on my next system if I do swap or get rid of this system for something else.

I'm not 100% about this but kicking around the idea. I love the sound but honestly kinda miss my magnaflow setup i had on my old car and the drone at low rpms with this B&B setup wears me out at times. I have the big stainless resonator that comes with the catback and two smaller B&B bullet style resonators (drone killers) in the garage and I've considered welding the bullets in behind the X-pipe to kill the drone at low rpms but I really like the tone/sound the way it is. It's perfect outside the car IMO. I'd hate for that to change. Anyway... Lmk what u got. 3" would be nice but may go 2.5" again for the right deal.

Local would also be nice considering shipping would be a pain in the *** not to mention... I doubt either of us would want to drive around with open headers while we wait. Lol If i dont get any attractive trade offers, ill just put a tampon in, take a couple midol's and keep it. Just figured I'd see if anyone local would be interested in working something out if I decide to change it.

Lmk!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ics-clips.html

Link to another thread I posted where EPIK posted driving clips of the same setup...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ats-3-b-b.html

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-08-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Edit...

Fixed. Had to search for the clips to get farther back than 4 pages but I posted the links.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How did I know this was you without looking . Lol always changin ****
Old 09-07-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have got to be the most indecisive guy on the forum.
It would be fun to watch you try to pick an outfit to go out at night.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Haha! I'm single handedly keeping this forum alive fellas. Lol

And that's easy... Bring 2 extra shirts in the back seat lol
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Pm sent
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

hmmmm, why not just make up a custom xhaust with real easy access to the mufflers, and go out and buy every muffler on the market and cahnge it up every week.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

I think in your user settings you can set it so that you can see all pages from the beginning. I thnk the default setting is going back 4 pages or something

Here is your bb installed thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...pics-clips.htm

that exhaust looks killer
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cammedv
hmmmm, why not just make up a custom xhaust with real easy access to the mufflers, and go out and buy every muffler on the market and cahnge it up every week.
This seems like the best idea thus far
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

I actually thought about that. Would be pretty easy to weld flanges so they are interchangeable.

I'm considering adding the 3" B&B bullets to see if they will kill the drone at low rpms before making any other changes. Shitty thing is, I'm full 3" and and majority of the options for this car are 2.5". I'd like to stay 3" if I can. So... options I have are finding 3" corsa mufflers that will fit, run 3" magnapacks, 3" borla stingers if they make em in 3", etc. most likely I'll just try cutting and welding something else in to my current setup. Prob easier than swapping the entire system and having to order new ports for my cutouts, etc.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only V specific system you haven't tried yet is the stainless works and it's 3". Maybe Shady could entertain you.

I kinda liked the suggestion for a modular setup with flanges so you can swap mufflers every week.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude I saw this thread and I just choked on my coffee...You need to take comparison vids of every exhaust you put on cause I think the stainless works is the only brand you haven't hit yet)))
edit...BUD read my damn mind
Old 09-08-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Bahahaha! Yeah... I think that is the only one. Maybe I'll try to hunt one down.

Is 3" really beneficial on these cars? Seems like a lot of folks are running 2.5" systems and making good power. They say 475hp and above... 3" is beneficial but I'm wondering how much of a difference it really makes because going 3" cuts out a lot of options.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

now i know why his screen name is what it is
Old 09-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Well fellas,
Kickin around the idea of trying something else again. I know I know... "AGAIN??"! Right??? There... I said it for y'all. Lol I just like change.

Anyway, I have obx headers, kooks catless connectors and full 3" B&B exhaust with X-pipe. Not all completely stainless as i had it fabbed together by a shop but the mufflers are stainless. It's a quality job with quality welds. I have pics and vids posted here from when i had it done in another thread ill put the link to at the end of this post. I have since added electric cutouts up at the front by the headers but I'm keeping the motors. I'll put the block off plates on the ports so u can manually install and remove the caps or order your own electrics for them but the electrics i currently have will be going on my next system if I do swap or get rid of this system for something else.

I'm not 100% about this but kicking around the idea. I love the sound but honestly kinda miss my magnaflow setup i had on my old car and the drone at low rpms with this B&B setup wears me out at times. I have the big stainless resonator that comes with the catback and two smaller B&B bullet style resonators (drone killers) in the garage and I've considered welding the bullets in behind the X-pipe to kill the drone at low rpms but I really like the tone/sound the way it is. It's perfect outside the car IMO. I'd hate for that to change. Anyway... Lmk what u got. 3" would be nice but may go 2.5" again for the right deal.

Local would also be nice considering shipping would be a pain in the *** not to mention... I doubt either of us would want to drive around with open headers while we wait. Lol If i dont get any attractive trade offers, ill just put a tampon in, take a couple midol's and keep it. Just figured I'd see if anyone local would be interested in working something out if I decide to change it.

Lmk!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ics-clips.html

Link to another thread I posted where EPIK posted driving clips of the same setup...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ats-3-b-b.html
I think your plate should read "NVRENUF"!....lol. (Never Enough!). Great looking set up though!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Exactly. My screen name is the only thing is wasn't indecisive about. Lol

Took the car to a hand wash today. Only once before have I heard the car from the outside because I'm always inside it. The exhaust sounds mean as hell! Think I might have fallen in love with it all over again. Lol maybe I just need to let someone else drive my car so I can hear what it sounds like outside the car again when I start having my doubts.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! That's a good one! We can only have 6 letter here though. lol
Old 09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

just sell it, then you'll know what it sounds like : )
Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Would you look at this car... just look at it"
Old 09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Hehe. Dude you kill me. I told you the drone would drive you nuts. Put Corsa in and forget about it.

Quick Reply: The inevitable is happening... Who wants to trade exhausts??? Lol