Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

which fuel pump (aeromotive 340??)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part number walbro do u have fuzzy?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
What part number walbro do u have fuzzy?
Unknown. This is what I ordered:

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPA-008&Tp=
Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
DUHHHH I DONT KNOW. Too funny Fuzzy.

Anyways, thanks for the video. I have talked to Scatillac about fuel pumps and he is putting down 504 hp to the tires on his stock pump so I dont see why the Walbro and racetronix harness cant keep up with my hoped for 550 and then maybe 100 shot. Of course if it gets boost I will have to add a boost a pump, or twin pumps with huge -AN fuel lines.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slowlaneblues06
DUHHHH I DONT KNOW. Too funny Fuzzy.

Anyways, thanks for the video. I have talked to Scatillac about fuel pumps and he is putting down 504 hp to the tires on his stock pump so I dont see why the Walbro and racetronix harness cant keep up with my hoped for 550 and then maybe 100 shot. Of course if it gets boost I will have to add a boost a pump, or twin pumps with huge -AN fuel lines.
It's not as easy as you think. Quick: what's the difference between the Walbro GSS340, GSS341, and GSS342?

Hint: they're all 255 LPH pumps.

Seriously though--call Racetronix and ask them what the FPA-008 includes as a pump. Then you can save $30-40, since the stuff in that kit can be bought cheaper elsewhere, and the filter doesn't work in our bucket.

Originally Posted by slowlaneblues06
Is the walbro what racetronix sells, or what?
Yes.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I need a part number for the correct fuel pump. The one I bought from va_mike isn't as described.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RADEoN
I need a part number for the correct fuel pump. The one I bought from va_mike isn't as described.
isn't as described? are you serious? you're gonna put me on blast before even talking to me.

FOR EVERYONE'S INFO, I TOLD HIM IT WAS A BRAND NEW IN THE BOX WALBRO 255 THAT I DID NOT USE ON A PRIOR BUILD. I SUPPLIED HIM NOT ONLY THE PART # BUT A DIRECT LINK TO THE ONE IT WAS.

I have all the pm's if anyone would like to see them. I told him what I had, nothing more n nothing less.

edit, before even being questioned here is the entire pm convo.....i deleted names and emails for privacy.

this is the wrong fuel pump

Originally Posted by va mike
thanks. should be there on wednesday!

Payment sent. Please try to get that sucker out today. I'm staying at my parents this week to dog sit. My number is 724-420-****. If you'd ship it to:

Kevin ********* **
** ***** Drive
********** PA 15644

Instead of

*** **** St
********** Pa *****

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call /text.
how much are you looking for?
$80 shipped and it's yours. I can take pics n text them to you if you want to see it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VPN-GCA719-2/

this is exact one i have. they're pretty much universal though.
Cool. Paypal addy?
********@***.***

thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I'm saying is that its really strange that you suggested your pump in a thread looking for a pump for a CTS-V, and I get it and it will not work. I didn't know the pump wouldn't work, and you seemed confident enough to offer and sell it to me.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

i said i had 1, they are universal pumps and i said it was left over from another car i built. I'm not replying to your pm's you can keep it all out in the open on here since you wanted to instantly go spouting off.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I suppose it was a little preemptive on my part, and I apologize. Regardless, this is still the incorrect item.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered the correct pump from Summit last night at 7 PM, and it cam here the same day. For future reference, the walbro pump we need is GSS341. The kit I got from va_mike was GCA719-2. Special thanks to cobra98 and fuzzylogic for helping me figure it out.

The difference with the new pump is night and day.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I ordered the correct pump from Summit last night at 7 PM, and it cam here the same day. For future reference, the walbro pump we need is GSS341. The kit I got from va_mike was GCA719-2. Special thanks to cobra98 and fuzzylogic for helping me figure it out.

The difference with the new pump is night and day.
Good to hear it. Did you also do the Racetronix hotwire kit?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

not yet. eventually. there's a panel cut back there for easy access so it won't be too bad.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I'm saying is that its really strange that you suggested your pump in a thread looking for a pump for a CTS-V, and I get it and it will not work. I didn't know the pump wouldn't work, and you seemed confident enough to offer and sell it to me.
I'd have to agree with you here. You stated your specific requirements, he offered a solution to your stated requirements even though it was described as "universal". The term "universal" is not synonymous with incompatible, so it seems that he is hiding behind a thin veil of language here...which is pretty shitty IMO.

If it were me, I would refund your money since "MY" solution did not fit your requirement as it was stated...which was to fit your specific application (your CTS-V) and not just to obtain a random fuel pump.

Sorry man. Suck's. Is he willing to refund your money? Or, did he just unload it on you?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't think he is, depending on how it goes down i may just file a paypal dispute. he knew what i needed, offered his product, and it was wrong so what the hell?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

i don't think he is, depending on how it goes down i may just file a paypal dispute. he knew what i needed, offered his product, and it was wrong so what the hell?
here's how it goes. I would have had NO problem giving you your $ back since YOU don't know how to read but YOU had to run on here and CRY before I even got on here to reply to your pm.

file a paypal dispute? i told you i had a walbro 255, they are universal and thats what i told you. I linked you to the exact model i had, is it my fault that YOU didn't read it?

my product was not that I linked you to? wrong it was exactly what i told you it was brand new in the box. You're starting to push my buttons becuase you rushed yourself. I never told you i had a cts-v one, i said it was from a prior project and a 255 is a 255. Somehow i can bet that it would have worked as well, I have used them on cars they weren't "deisgned" for with 0 issues.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DMM
I'd have to agree with you here. You stated your specific requirements, he offered a solution to your stated requirements even though it was described as "universal". The term "universal" is not synonymous with incompatible, so it seems that he is hiding behind a thin veil of language here...which is pretty shitty IMO.

If it were me, I would refund your money since "MY" solution did not fit your requirement as it was stated...which was to fit your specific application (your CTS-V) and not just to obtain a random fuel pump.

Sorry man. Suck's. Is he willing to refund your money? Or, did he just unload it on you?
like i said in teh other post, i bet it would have worked. maybe would have had to splice a thing or 2 and spend a bit of time figuring it out but hey i sold it to him for $50 less and still brand new in the box. literally. like i said i've used them meant for a different platform in cars before, you just need to THINK which clearly he can't do and can't even read.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, he has been on the boards contributing regularly for quite a while now...and he does his own work. I don't understand how he would be able to manage the entire process of replacing a fuel pump save for your specific supplied part. It sounds as if the project is now complete....so....I would take that he has some fundamental ability here.

Just saying, it's a small community...come up with something fair and reasonable.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The cts setup is an oddball one. The original seller would not have known that unless he took one apart. Give him his money back and take the pump back. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
It's not as easy as you think. Quick: what's the difference between the Walbro GSS340, GSS341, and GSS342?

Hint: they're all 255 LPH pumps.

Seriously though--call Racetronix and ask them what the FPA-008 includes as a pump. Then you can save $30-40, since the stuff in that kit can be bought cheaper elsewhere, and the filter doesn't work in our bucket.

Yes.
What do you mean the filter doesn't work in out bucket? I squeezed that bad boy in there and have no issues.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the pump that was sent to me. I/We need an offset inlet. (Notice the huge red cap)

That's the style we need.

Last edited by RADEoN; 09-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: which fuel pump (aeromotive 340??)