Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

RevShift MM

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmargo
Can someone do before and after measurements to see how much ?
Raised mine about an inch, but my mounts were squished and deflated stockers, so...
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmargo
Can someone do before and after measurements to see how much ?
This would be inconclusive because most people who replace their motor mounts are replacing broken/sagging/worn out stock mounts. If you compare new stockers to our mounts then the engine sits in the same spot. If you are comparing destroyed/sagging stockers to our mounts then, of course, our mounts would raise the engine back to the proper position.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Revshift
This would be inconclusive because most people who replace their motor mounts are replacing broken/sagging/worn out stock mounts. If you compare new stockers to our mounts then the engine sits in the same spot. If you are comparing destroyed/sagging stockers to our mounts then, of course, our mounts would raise the engine back to the proper position.

The reason I called this into question is the specific vehicle that we installed them on required spacers between the cradle/frame and a relief to be cut on the underside of the of the hood to clear the motor/driver for the throttle body after installation of your mounts...this was on an 07' LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger.

I have never heard of this being required before, and I have no other frame of reference, which is why I raised the issue. Regardless, the owner seems happy with your product.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the explanation is simple: while unloaded Revshift and Creative Steel motor mounts may be the same length as unloaded OEM mounts, their higher durometer material doesn't compress as much under the weight of the motor. I speculate that neither company took loaded motor mount length into account during their design process.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I think the explanation is simple: while unloaded Revshift and Creative Steel motor mounts may be the same length as unloaded OEM mounts, their higher durometer material doesn't compress as much under the weight of the motor. I speculate that neither company took loaded motor mount length into account during their design process.
We did take it into account. The loaded measurement of the oem mount is 1/16 of an inch shorter than unloaded. Not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Also, why are you only comparing us to CS? Why not UMI or UUC? If you are going to question one then you should question all.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I ended up getting my motor mounts installed last night and as all others have stated, what a difference it makes. Clean and quiet start ups and shut downs, less vibrations than the busted stockers and just an overall awesome product. Bravo Revshift, bravo.

I was able to get the passenger side installed without removing anything at all, including the wheel and Pacesetter headers, which only took about an hour.

The driver side was the issue for me due to having Pacesetter longtubes that are welded at the collector, which was something I didn't want to have to chop up. I ended up being able to remove the stock mount with out removing anything other than the steering linkage and unbolting the headers from the heads which gave me enough wiggle room to get the two bolts that sit right behind the runners with some long extensions and a swivel socket. Took me about 2 hours start to finish on the driver side, which wasn't bad considering the tiny and cramped conditions. It was definitely a jigsaw puzzle trying to get the OEM mounts out.

Last edited by tmonttt; 12-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Revshift
Also, why are you only comparing us to CS? Why not UMI or UUC? If you are going to question one then you should question all.
AFAIK, UUC is not an active vendor of motor mounts for the first gen CTS-V. UMI's design is fundamentally different than Revshift or Creative Steel. Before I submitted that post, I had a couple of sentences specifically addressing UMI's design but deleted it because I felt it was excessive.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

This should be interesting. Installing mine today
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Launching!

i hope it went well the lost driver I will be doing mine in a couple weeks
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Still waiting for mine...haven't herd a drop from Revshift about when they are shipping them (as well as trans mount and Diff bushing). Ordered them 5 days ago and figure it can't possibly take that long to package and ship the above items. Its awesome hearing all the great feedback from everyone who has them, and its kinda of bumming @ the same time as it seems like I wont be seeing them until well after the new year...
Old 12-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HR2L
Still waiting for mine...haven't herd a drop from Revshift about when they are shipping them (as well as trans mount and Diff bushing). Ordered them 5 days ago and figure it can't possibly take that long to package and ship the above items. Its awesome hearing all the great feedback from everyone who has them, and its kinda of bumming @ the same time as it seems like I wont be seeing them until well after the new year...

Yea dude, it'll probably be awhile, I ordered MM's, cradle bushings and a rear dif bushing right when the Black Friday sale went off and I still don't have my stuff. I just ordered a trans mount last week and it came in today. Kinda sucks because I had plans set up for about a month now and it looks like I won't be doing anything.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Launching!

I have rev shift blue motor mounts and although my factory mounts were bad, the feel is amazing. I feel like I went from a cammed car to a civic. Highly recommend.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Oh my it was a PITA! Wish I would've installed these things when I did my headers lol. I ended up changing my oil and removing my starter for clearance to remove the old motor mounts but after I finished installing it..... What a world of a difference. I have the red ones and vibration is pretty minimal. Much less that I expected from a more firmer mount. There is vibration there but the amount does not bother me personally
Old 12-26-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

see difference in stocker with 40k on the left, and brand new on the right.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Staging Lane

I might need to replace mine.

Quick Reply: RevShift MM