Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Motor and Trans mounts (whats your opinion?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Revshift Insert, way better price and you don't run the risk of shifting issues from the trans sitting too high. Same on the Motor Mounts, I've been running Revshifts MM for over a year now and they are sturdy as a rock, no risk of failure like you get with creative steel and they are cheaper!!

Edit: never mind on the insert, didn't realize you didn't have OEM trans mount.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the OEM Trans mount... Its still in the car! I have no idea what condition its in but for $40 it won't hurt to take a risk! I like saving money and it looks like it would be around $100 by going with revshift...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

No complaints on the CS parts from me. Lots of regular driving and track time with no issues, katech short shifter has no problems with the CS trans mount stock or aftermarket DS.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I have the OEM Trans mount... Its still in the car! I have no idea what condition its in but for $40 it won't hurt to take a risk! I like saving money and it looks like it would be around $100 by going with revshift...
Ahh (sorry looked at the wrong post), then yes go with insert! My OEM transmount was sagging like an old lady and the Revshift brought it back to life, shifts like a dream now.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

my only concern is that I bought this car in 2009 and never replacement the motor mounts or trans mounts so I have no idea the condition of the Trans mounts... With my luck I would dish out the $190 for motor and trends mounts just to find that the Trans mount is beyond repair... Then I would end up having to fork out another $200 for the Trans mount....

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Ahh (sorry looked at the wrong post), then yes go with insert! My OEM transmount was sagging like an old lady and the Revshift brought it back to life, shifts like a dream now.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
my only concern is that I bought this car in 2009 and never replacement the motor mounts or trans mounts so I have no idea the condition of the Trans mounts... With my luck I would dish out the $190 for motor and trends mounts just to find that the Trans mount is beyond repair... Then I would end up having to fork out another $200 for the Trans mount....
The Revshift insert is what 50$ at best? So...if your trans mount is junk you would need a new one ($?) and the insert. Even if your trans mount is torn it is bound by metal and will still work with the insert. All be it you should get a new one OEM. The insert does not "repair the mount" is simple give it a face lift. The rubber sags, the insert helps the sag, like he bra, of a 60 year old woman.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
No complaints on the CS parts from me. Lots of regular driving and track time with no issues, katech short shifter has no problems with the CS trans mount stock or aftermarket DS.
I'm running the CS motor mounts and trans mount as well with a Katech short throw shifter. No issues with my "spririted" driving. Everything fit nice and snug. Shifting efforts improved and motor movement is next to nothing now.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I already talked to my wife and askew thinks that I should just get the Trans mount and not the insert..
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The insert is only $40 and I highly doubt the mount is beyond the ability to work with the insert but it is possible. Worst case senario you could always resell it on here, you should snap a photo of the mount, if you aren't lowered it's easy to see.

Personally I'm all about stretching my cash, the $95 you save by going with Revshift could buy you Trailing Arm and Diff Bushings from Revshift or pay for 2/3 of your motor mounts from them.

By the way I looked up the price on a new OEM trans mount (Part Number 25767171), $496 WTF!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

i had CS motor, tranny and diff mounts. 2 of the 3 went bad. that is all i have to say. GREAT customer service though.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone have a picture of of where the Trans Mount is located at in the engine bay? Wish I would have taken auto mechanics in school! Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Knew Fuzzy would have jumped on this!

I used UMI MM so no idea about those. i know there have been several failures, but they are quickly replaced by CS. So...I guess if you like wrenching. I have their trans mount and I dont have any problems to speak of. It is taller, and with their 8.8 kit I modified my shifter to clear the drive shaft. But other than stock, and the revshift insert, they have the only real aftermarket trans mount.

Edit* Fuzzy, if you would, take a picture with a ruler/tape from the top to bottom of your transmount with the insert and I will do the same with my CS trans mount. I'd like to know the exact difference.
I would also like to know if somebody would measure the height of the stock trans mount with the revshift insert installed. I would like to compare with the CS mount height to see if the difference is worth shimming in the transmission brace or not. I get some minor drive shaft/lever rub when my car goes over speed bumps with the CS motor/trans mounts, pisnuoff shift lever and slightly lowered with coil overs.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ion-mount.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...writeup-3.html

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 02-07-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Motor and Trans mounts (whats your opinion?)