Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2007 CTS-V Twin Turbo vids

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im saying you werent on 7lbs against the gtr if you were against the cobra. You were also brake boosting against the cobra so the second he hit it you were already fully spooled and it still took that long to reel him in.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Im saying you werent on 7lbs against the gtr if you were against the cobra. You were also brake boosting against the cobra so the second he hit it you were already fully spooled and it still took that long to reel him in.
Well, no way to prove it but I was, Cobra was one of the first prearranged races I did with the car, was definitely at 7psi. Gtr was Sat before last, and the next sunday I was supposed to be racing an 11.0 honda for $$$, since my meth wasnt working I got Racegas, this was the first time night I ever ran above 7psi.

Maybe the cobra did something to get a little more power that night, but being there in person he didnt stay up much better if any than the gtr, I just had to let off.

I will give you that the cobra was fast off the line, your right, i was brake boosting... but watch the video a few more time, specifically how fast the cobra was being passed in comparison with the gtr which dynos around 475-490 stock... even though I know it already is the truth, the videos do support it.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build man... clean setup I like the side expel port... What kind of fuel pressure are you seeing with that 400? I'm curious with the stock lines if the pressure is crazy at low demand
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok, I guess I will have to be the one to say it. The 3rd video with the chick....uneventful. Mostly due to the abundance of clothes she is wearing. If you're gonna take a girl for a ride there should only be....

Or Less!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Allen, we all understand that the cobra is king, there's no need to embarrass us every thread.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RADEoN
Allen, we all understand that the cobra is king, there's no need to embarrass us every thread.

that awkward moment when i go door to door with an 03 cobra with full bolts ons and a pulley.

BTW THANK YOU FOR THIS BUILD!!! its nice to see people still have vision
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alen every car he raced was built to be a sports car...And he wooped them in a 4 door luxury sedan...Thats all that needs to be said.

My friend the other day wooped a zr1 in his rentek s600. The geezer behind the wheel turned purple.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool. I could never get away with low slung filters like that down in SOFLA but very cool.

On a side note.... good friend of the family, a pro driver, used to chew gum like that while he was racing....ended up hitting a bump while doing 140mph...caused him to swallow/choke on his own gum...caused him to wreck..hitting a wall, and pretty much causing some decent cerebral damage. Sorry for the public service announcement... just the first thing I thought of....other then the fully clothed "hot chick".
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Ok, I guess I will have to be the one to say it. The 3rd video with the chick....uneventful. Mostly due to the abundance of clothes she is wearing. If you're gonna take a girl for a ride there should only be....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgeXtucgt1s

Or Less!!!
I agree 100% I was trying for something like this, but the car just didnt quite pull the G's to break through the leather DAMNT!

http://vimeo.com/36574044

It was 30 degrees out that day and Olga wouldnt wear the bikini I was going for, most unfortunate because she does have a great pair.

Thats okay, come summertime I will have more power and have to find new girls with less clothes so I get the good first reaction, life is hard ya know.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

build looks good..idk about leaving open filters like that or cutting the holes for the dumps but nice work man
Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Cool. I could never get away with low slung filters like that down in SOFLA but very cool.

On a side note.... good friend of the family, a pro driver, used to chew gum like that while he was racing....ended up hitting a bump while doing 140mph...caused him to swallow/choke on his own gum...caused him to wreck..hitting a wall, and pretty much causing some decent cerebral damage. Sorry for the public service announcement... just the first thing I thought of....other then the fully clothed "hot chick".
thanks for getting my build thread deleted, now plz GTFO before you kill another one
-alex
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
thanks for getting my build thread deleted, now plz GTFO before you kill another one
-alex

Haha I would like to say it was my SINCERE PLEASURE Alex,..you little crybaby bitch but, unfortunatly with your know it all attitude and lack of self control evident posts is what cost your your prized thread.

PM me if you gotta problem with me sport.

Otherwise put a stitch in your vagina cause your lips are flopping over.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
build looks good..idk about leaving open filters like that or cutting the holes for the dumps but nice work man

"outterwear" will help fight water intrusion.

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...asp?prod=71415
The following users liked this post:
4doortypels (03-02-2021)
Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I was just thinking this as well. Def wanna keep that crap out if you ever go out in the rain
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kl2onik
^ I was just thinking this as well. Def wanna keep that crap out if you ever go out in the rain

word.

I never believed in them until I did a bunch of sts rear mounts on trucks that went muddin...so once I saw the outterwears worked in that environment...figured they'd work great for street ****.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
"outterwear" will help fight water intrusion.

http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...asp?prod=71415
Ya, honestly Im not too worried, the filters will keep particualtes out, and if a little bit of water goes in, it would have to make it through the piping at an "up" angle then to the IC which it would have to go vertical to get through.

If it made it past the IC it would have to be a mist, in which case it would be like water injection and cool my intake charge.

Obviously I wont be mudding JK or going through deep puddles. The sacrifice of having the turbos ther was well worth it to me vs a rear mount location which would not have been that much higher.

This is just as good as a under hood setup as far a hot gas travel to spool the turbos faster, with out the extreme work required to make the turbos fit under the hood.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the location.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kl2onik
Alen every car he raced was built to be a sports car...And he wooped them in a 4 door luxury sedan...Thats all that needs to be said.

My friend the other day wooped a zr1 in his rentek s600. The geezer behind the wheel turned purple.
Not quite sure if your serious about saying the V is a typical luxury sedan, and it wasnt built to be a sports car?

BTW I never said the car wasnt fast, I just said it didnt add up to me.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RADEoN
Lol not at all, just simply stating my opinion on the race. He YANKED a 125mph car, but barely pulled past a 123-124mph car. The OPs car is very respectable I just questioned that race.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Come on guys, you know Allen is sensitive! He misses his V :-(

Quick Reply: 2007 CTS-V Twin Turbo vids