Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Parts needed to transform (08-13) CTS to CTS-V?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parts needed to transform (08-13) CTS to CTS-V?

I'm not very car savvy but I like the look of the CTS-V but don't need the performance. Anyway, I was wondering what parts (part name and # would be great) I need to transform just the front of a CTS to a CTS-V as the only parts I am aware of to change are the hood, bumper and grills.

On a side note, I happened to stumble across a CTS with a V hood, but he never mentioned it when I talked to him. Wondering if I should bring this up because I'm wondering if it's been in an accident or should I be quiet as he might find it as a bonus and raise the price.

Very sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find anything on this. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Reminds me of the old kit cars where you had a lambo, but really is a fiero.

Good luck though should just be body panels and emblems. All the show none of the go. Or sounds.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 AM
JDB
Launching!

Please don't do this.

The fact that your "not car savvy" means it'll probably be halfassed too and look like some riced out civic. Be sure to add a 4" fart can to complete the build.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JDB
Please don't do this.

The fact that your "not car savvy" means it'll probably be halfassed too and look like some riced out civic. Be sure to add a 4" fart can to complete the build.
Hey I have 4 inch Magna flow tips on my V. It must be a riced out V. ;-)
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all you need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-Ca...9731bd&vxp=mtr
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys crack me up.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know what parts it takes, but if i had a base model non-V (especially first gen, maybe Second) I would be looking to add the V front end as well. It looks good, way better than the base. I wouldn't be adding V badges and claiming that I had a V, but isn't that what we are all about, finding ways to make our current car better...
Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

I saw a 04-07 CTS with an in-progress '11 CTS coupe rear bumper mounted to it with a bunch of body filler. Wasn't even painted. It had the center exhaust, but it was factory diameter pipe with some autozone chrome tips that were way too small. It was the only body mod to the car. I was in too much shock to take pics. It looked like absolute poop. The stuff I've seen done to cars here in El Paso never ceases to amaze me.
To the OP, if you like the look of the V, get a V. Otherwise look into D3 or some of the other aftermarket body kit manufacturers to change the look of your car. There's nothing worse than a clone, especially if its incomplete. My only justification for a looks-only clone is when they are destroying it for the filming of a movie. All it does is make you a poser. Now a regular CTS with a LSA swap on the other hand would be interesting...

Last edited by SimplistikTA; 03-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

You can start by mounting 19 inch factory wheels and putting on 6 piston brembo calipers and rotors...change the front and rear bumpers..grill, hood...but why?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are idiots, if he wants his car to look better why put him down for attempting it. It's not your car so you don't have to dislike what he's doing. A lot of guys have put G8 GXP wheels and the front end on their GT and it turned out really nice. Some have even put a Holden front end and other various parts on their G8 so to each his own.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
You guys are idiots, if he wants his car to look better why put him down for attempting it. It's not your car so you don't have to dislike what he's doing. A lot of guys have put G8 GXP wheels and the front end on their GT and it turned out really nice. Some have even put a Holden front end and other various parts on their G8 so to each his own.
Changing a 30k car( Pontiac G8 GT was a great deal with an MSRP of $29,995) to look like a 39k(Pontiac G8 GXP will start at $39,995) car is much different than changing a 35k car to a 65k car. Just sayin.

You jump into and drive the two cars you mention and you hardly feel the difference, you jump into a 6 banger cts compared to the v it is not even like driving the same type of car sound wise or performance. I think you are comparing apples to Oranges.

Anyway if you are not concerned about what the v really is, they make a sportier version of the 6 banger called a performance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by kciaccio; 03-10-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

redhot....those how the children in this section seem to act. they dont like something they tear down the person. why i have no idea.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
You're such a ***, why don't you go put a volant sticker on your back window? I heard it adds 20HP with a tune and CAI only! Better yet why don't you go make your GT look like a GXP with badges and everything since ” it's so cool” and then come post pics up so we can compare it to a Fiero trying to look like a Ferrari? But hey, all you GT guys think it looks soooooo ”coool” right? I'm sure regular cts guys think that putting V parts and badges on looks cool too, even thought we laugh at them! Just like the GXP guys laugh at you GT guys for doing the same thing... word of advice, go buy a GXP if that's what you want to look like!
P.s. Get fucked

@OP, if you like the styling of the V then get the front grill, side skirts, bumper, hood, 19 rims, Brembos and suspension, aftermarket exhaust, headers, CAI, tune, and for the love of God don't put V badges on it and you will have one sexy ride!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Agreed, but even worse is when someone takes a car/truck that isn't even offered in the top tier and puts badges all over it.. Ie, I took a pic of a Chevrolet Colorado with V badges on it about a year ago. It looked stock with regular tires! Stuff like that confuses the **** out of me...
Originally Posted by kciaccio
Changing a 30k car( Pontiac G8 GT was a great deal with an MSRP of $29,995) to look like a 39k(Pontiac G8 GXP will start at $39,995) car is much different than changing a 35k car to a 65k car. Just sayin.

You jump into and drive the two cars you mention and you hardly feel the difference, you jump into a 6 banger cts compared to the v it is not even like driving the same type of car sound wise or performance. I think you are comparing apples to Oranges.

Anyway if you are not concerned about what the v really is, they make a sportier version of the 6 banger called a performance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 03-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

people put zr1/zo6 wheels on c6's, M parts on non m vehicles, rs parts on 2.0 a4's

their modding scene manages to still function. some wheels and a hood isnt going to kill the V brand. We have V owners who have 5 lug camaro wheels on their cars.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
people put zr1/zo6 wheels on c6's, M parts on non m vehicles, rs parts on 2.0 a4's

their modding scene manages to still function. some wheels and a hood isnt going to kill the V brand. We have V owners who have 5 lug camaro wheels on their cars.
Nothing wrong with that... The only thing I would laugh at is if the badges ended up on the car... I think OP's Carr would look sick I'd done correctly
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

**** I'd even put the V2 19's on my V1 if I could...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

their modding scene manages to still function. some wheels and a hood inst going to kill the V brand. We have V owners who have 5 lug camaro wheels on their cars.
I think there is a huge gap between a 6 cylinder cts and a V. Not so much as z06 and the regular c5.

I think everybody here thinks that people who put M badges on their cars that are not "m"s are douche bags.

I could care less what wheels people put on their cars.

But when you are going to change hood, grills, bumpers, and badges you are pushing the douche bag wanna be line. Just my opinion.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

I disagree! I have no issue with someone that makes a car look like the performance version! It looks great, and turns heads! Now take that same car and put badges on it and that's when I start making fun of people! I've seen many beautiful V6 4th gen Camaros with nice body kits to look look the SS but with no SS badges, I've even seen beautiful 6 banger mustangs with cobra body kits on but no SVT or cobra badges! Take those same cars and add the badges and your just looking for someone to clown on you...
Originally Posted by kciaccio
But when you are going to change hood, grills, bumpers, and badges you are pushing the douche bag wanna be line. Just my opinion.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
**** I'd even put the V2 19's on my V1 if I could...
thats what i want to do, i think they would look really good.

Quick Reply: Parts needed to transform (08-13) CTS to CTS-V?