Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

new owner Revshift + shifter ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new owner Revshift + shifter ??

ok so i searched a little but found no great answer. i am going to be ordering the revshift motor and trans mounts first. i'll get to the rear bushings and such later on, all that is real fresh being as the rear was upgraded about 8months ago.
do i need the heat sleaves for the motor mounts or are they more for higher temp stuff like FI engines?
also with fresh motor and trans mount what shifter is going to require no addition shimming and other BS to get to work right. i have seen katech, uuc, pissnuoff, etc. i want to get rid of the sloppy stocker but am looking for a propper fit.

thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should always have the heat shields around the motor mounts, unless you have solid mounts, regardless of what type of engine set up you have. Polyurethane is still something that can, and will melt over time. So, might as well protect them as best you can to prolong the life of the mounts.

I did the mounts and shifter at the same time when I had my V1, and it was pretty painless getting the shifter in there. From everything I have read there is no big difference between the feel of the others. The PISSNUOFF option seems to be the most popular, because is feel great and less expensive than the others. But do yourself a favor when you swap the shifter, and change the shift linkage bushings and the rear differential bushing out too. Those little things will help make the shifter feel better.

My 2007 had UUC bushings and mounts, with Katech Shifter...and it felt great, especially after I swapped the clutch out.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Launching!

I'd like to know as well. I have a Revshift trans insert on the way and will be buying a shifter soon as well.

I don't think I've seen a definitive, which will work which won't post.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have some header wrap laying around, go ahead and wrap your mounts if you go poly. It def wont hurt anything.

Lots of options for shifters out there, but this is probably the best deal since it comes with bushings etc.:

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/r...tm_content=pla
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

never heard of ralco. i always had pro 5.0 on my fbody. i seached and i didnt find anyone who has actually used the ralco. anyone want to chime in on it?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Brand new stock motor mounts with a revshift trans insert and my shifters (PISNUOFF) do not hit. My shifter was designed with brand new stock motor mounts and a brand new trans insert and do not hit.

My shifters, UUC shifters and the welded tube style shifters have all hit with new revshift motor mounts and revshift trans insert.

The Ralco shifter is exactly the same as a UUC. If the noise transmitted through the top and the roller bearings wearing out in the base of the shifter that are not very tight and get rusty after a year are worth the free $30 polyurethane outer bushings then that is your best bet.

Last edited by 07CTS-V; 03-12-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brian, when i sent you a PM you made it sound like i would have to shim the trans crossmember to get your shifter not to hit. did i read that wrong? i hear great things about your shifter but when i read your pm it seemed that it was going to hit with the revshift motor and trans mounts.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It has hit with the revshift motor mounts and revshift trans insert. Some people say it doesn't hit on their car.

I can increase the throw to make sure it doesn't hit. Email me and I can make you a 'special' one. I would try it on my car but my motor is current out.

br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Crazy how different this is for people mine seem to hit on speed bumps if my car was lowered a bunch using coilovers. Like to see that explained.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
FoD
On The Tree

Brian's shifter does not hit on mine, and I have Revshift MM, Trans insert, and a fatter Driveshaft. I still have plenty of clearance.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree. its crazy that everyone has different experiences. granted i am sure most work out to be fine. but on one car vs another car with the same setup it might hit. wierd.

Quick Reply: new owner Revshift + shifter ??