Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie overdriven rears DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brack86svo
Did you ever try that new HX?
this weekend..just waiting on the fans to come in
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hope you can see at least a 10 degree drop, any more then that would be a bonus to me, and I'll be ordering one.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

im hoping for 20 or better drop.. im adding almost another gallon of coolant to the system. keeping the maggie res and running a mix of water/engine ice and super cool additive. two small pull fans and i picked up a flow meter to see how well the pump is working.

with all that im sure ill max out the hx IN the blower and then itll be maxed all the way around. but man is it fun on a cold night..totally diff beast in 50 degree weather
Old 09-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Where are you adding the ice?

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
im hoping for 20 or better drop.. im adding almost another gallon of coolant to the system. keeping the maggie res and running a mix of water/engine ice and super cool additive. two small pull fans and i picked up a flow meter to see how well the pump is working.

with all that im sure ill max out the hx IN the blower and then itll be maxed all the way around. but man is it fun on a cold night..totally diff beast in 50 degree weather
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Engine ice is just a really good coolant I use on bikes all the time. Runs about 15 degrees cooler on a bike over reg coolant. It's good stuff
Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Any thoughts on trying a superchiller?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I looked into it and it seems very effective... Alittle pricey though. I'm gonna do this round of stuff then set up the nitrous. Still waiting on the 8rib pulleys as well.

I'm up in the air wether I want to run a plate or make a spacer and run spray bars right between the blower and internal HX. I've already emailed nitrous express and they said they would have to see the spacer in order to give me an answer... So it's gonna wait till winter unfortunately.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Hey punishmentcycle, are you running the 8rib IW setup? I think I might be getting some belt slip. Of course it could be the rear that is slipping as well, or just my boost gage is too sensitive.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

im still on 6 rib..waiting on the 8's to get here. explain what your thinking is slip. do you hear the belt whining? easy way to tell is go buy a can of belt dressing.. start the car and spray the rear belt first...take it for a ride and beat on it(try to make it do what it is your thinking) then spray the front to see if it goes away.. dont be scared to spray a good amount on the belt. let me know what you find
Old 09-11-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh a little fun story from last night; my buddy and i were leaving the bar last night..(hes got an 09 V puts down 650 and runs 10.30 at 13x) we always playaround just for the hell of it..( it was about 70 last night so i heat soaked pretty good by the third run) but we did three pulls from 35. (he was having a little traction issue in the first two runs)

first run; we leave on 3 dea even with him spinning a bit. i held next to him till 4th and he starts to pull..gets about 3 cars out before we let out. (im like hell yeah)

line up again..pretty much the same out come but he starts to pull a tad earlier as he didnt spin as bad (just before i shift to forth)

third run; hes doesnt spin ( i hold him to about a fender lead off the hit till the shift to 3rd) then of course he starts to pull pretty good..let out around 160 with him maybe 6-7 cars out.

my car deff made me happy even in 70 degree humid weather and heat soaked 3rd run. if i can cool this thing down to ambient its gonna rip for what it is
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Launching!

I have an aerotech gauge and a 2 bar map sensor that I'm watching boost with. Above 5000 or 5500 or so it seems to bounce around from 8-8.5. I don't hear any belt whining and I checked for belt debris and didn't see anything. I'll try a can of belt dressing.

I'm on a 6 rib and 2.9" front pulley that sould have good wrap. Gator back belt. I hope I tensioned the rear enough...

Good story on the new V. Mine feels significantly faster but I'm sure nothing like yours. I want to find a track and see it will run an 11.

im still on 6 rib..waiting on the 8's to get here. explain what your thinking is slip. do you hear the belt whining? easy way to tell is go buy a can of belt dressing.. start the car and spray the rear belt first...take it for a ride and beat on it(try to make it do what it is your thinking) then spray the front to see if it goes away.. dont be scared to spray a good amount on the belt. let me know what you find
Old 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2007V
I have an aerotech gauge and a 2 bar map sensor that I'm watching boost with. Above 5000 or 5500 or so it seems to bounce around from 8-8.5. I don't hear any belt whining and I checked for belt debris and didn't see anything. I'll try a can of belt dressing.

I'm on a 6 rib and 2.9" front pulley that sould have good wrap. Gator back belt. I hope I tensioned the rear enough...

Good story on the new V. Mine feels significantly faster but I'm sure nothing like yours. I want to find a track and see it will run an 11.
My past experience with belt dressing is that usually makes the belt slimmy. I would advise against it. I'm running the same setup as you with a 2.8 front pulley and hitting almost 10 psi with zero belt slip. You mave a rear belt issue or a weak tensioner.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

oh a little fun story from last night; my buddy and i were leaving the bar last night..(hes got an 09 V puts down 650 and runs 10.30 at 13x) we always playaround just for the hell of it..( it was about 70 last night so i heat soaked pretty good by the third run) but we did three pulls from 35. (he was having a little traction issue in the first two runs)

first run; we leave on 3 dea even with him spinning a bit. i held next to him till 4th and he starts to pull..gets about 3 cars out before we let out. (im like hell yeah)

line up again..pretty much the same out come but he starts to pull a tad earlier as he didnt spin as bad (just before i shift to forth)

third run; hes doesnt spin ( i hold him to about a fender lead off the hit till the shift to 3rd) then of course he starts to pull pretty good..let out around 160 with him maybe 6-7 cars out.

my car deff made me happy even in 70 degree humid weather and heat soaked 3rd run. if i can cool this thing down to ambient its gonna rip for what it is
Saturday will be the day for our cars, highs in the upper 60's, at least here in PA. I would imagine you'll be seeing the same low temps.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Thanks brack, I'll keep watching it and see what happens. How tight dd you guys put on that rear belt?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i tightened the crap outta my rear belt. has about 1/4 of an inch of twist if you twist from the center of the belt.

the dressing does make a mess if you use it alot (i used it all the time when i had a 2.6 front) it would keep the belt from slipping for about 3 pulls. its an easy test just to see the difference. with a 2.9 your prolly not slipping in the front..more than likely its the rear.

looks like im going to find some runs on sat then lol. 50-60 weather, its just a different car altogether.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

I measured my rear belt before taking it off. I used a straight across the pulleys and the pushed down on the belt with a ruler. I just set the belt the same when I put it back on. I don't recall the measurement, so you would have to use punishments method to tighten yours. I would be tight but, I would think adjusting it would be doable on the car.

I'm going to have to go find some time to open mine up as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Launching!

The best I can tell its a false alarm on the belt slip. I looked data logs before and after the pulley swap and the boost isn't droping, but it or the reading fluctuates +/- .3 psi.

I'm still going to watch it though.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Just an update, with it finally cooling off down here the belt definitely begain slipping to where you could hear it and see it in the boost gauge. I was able to tighten it on the car and that solved it. Hit right at 9psi at redline, iat was 110 at that point, 68f ambient.

I ordered some new injectors and the dw300 pump. Also a 40% larger meth/water nozzle. As soon as those come in I'll install the 2.7 pulley in the front. I can't wait!

I'm debating a cam or heads or maybe the 1.85 rocker arm ratio set/springs, something to drop the boost down a little bit but I'm not sure what is worth the money.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brack86svo
Attachment 414647
Here's a chart that someone put together that shows some of the limits of the blower with various rpm's and pulley combos. Getting the pulley's off of the jack and rear cover are relatively easy. I broke the jackshaft putting the pulley back on, completely a lack of judgement when pressing it back on. I found a power steering pulley installer that fits in the back of the shaft to push the pulley back on. It's basically how punishment put his on. You can probably pick one up at a discount tool store. The new shaft we ordered already will have the 3.2 pulley, so I won't be able to try the tool. We will be 1:1 at the rear when all said and done. Should have an update Saturday. Going to be switching to the HP Tuners 2 bar OS and tuning all day. Won't have dyno numbers for awhile though.

Good info....

Quick Reply: Maggie overdriven rears DONE!!