Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Shifter Linkage Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 05:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default CTS-V Shifter Linkage Measurements

Attached is an assortment of images that may help you design your own linkage bushings, if you choose to do so. Units are in millimeters.

High level overview - aft mounting rail slid forward to inspect UUC bushings

UUC and Creative Steel aft linkage bushing comparison - note the lack of a forward lip on the Creative Steel bushing

Aft linkage bushing OD (Creative Steel)

Linkage Rail OD

Aft mounting rail length

UUC bushing length

Another one of the UUC bushing length

UUC bushing lip diameter

Forward linkage bushing receiver length

Forward bushing length (Home Depot)

Forward linkage bushing ID (OEM)

Another one of the forward linkage bushing ID (OEM)

Forward linkage bushing length (OEM)

Forward linkage bushing ID (OEM) -- be careful, because this rubber bushing expands when the steel core is inserted

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 05-25-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handy dandy Home Depot part number

Where are these parts found at home depot, what are originally used for? Thx for pics!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Dang product placement! Fuzzy I had no idea you had a sponsor!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

It's in the electrical department. You'll need four and a Sawzall (or equivalent) to shorten them up by about 50%. Buy 6-8 so that you'll have spares in case you mess up. It's also a good idea because they vary slightly in diameter and you may find that one or two don't fit as snugly as you'd like.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Awesome thread thanks fuzzy
Old 11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Fuzzy, going to make a Home Depot run over lunch!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 AM

Hello-
Unfortunately, the photos no longer show up-
Does anyone have copies available?

many thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thenextdon13
Hello-
Unfortunately, the photos no longer show up-
Does anyone have copies available?

many thanks
Because this post is 4 years old.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:04 PM

I'm not sure quite how the age of the thread matters here with the question I ask.

I get that hosting changes and such can make pictures disappear (like the ****show with imagebucket recently).

People complain about necro-posting sometimes. The reason i've been told on software forums is that changes are made and the problems change, even if symptoms are the same, so its better to start your own post.

In this case, information would still be valid for anybody trying to find a way to obtain or make precision bushings like the ones that were being worked on by a forum member. I havent' found a kit yet that includes things like a machined shoulder bolt and such.

I'm not even sure the kits i've found cover all of the bushings- i need to do more research there (such as purchasing the several available creative steel bushing kits).

One of the absolutely terrible thing about forums when it comes to trying to locate historic information. At least with a normal website you could try to reference wayback machine.

Its a damn catch 22. If you necropost you're shamed. If you start a new thread that has existing topics, you're shamed.

And, (not to be an ***) but in both cases instead of folks either not responding, or providing useful information, folks have the need to respond with something not-useful.

My question stands; Does someone still have the pictures, or information somewhere?

Sorry for the ranty/long winded post.

Last edited by thenextdon13; 09-25-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Fuzzy I imagine he still has the pics
Old 10-08-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by actrite80
PM Fuzzy I imagine he still has the pics
Thank you, @actrite80... I messaged him on another forum, haven't heard back. Suppose only time will tell!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Thank you, @actrite80... I messaged him on another forum, haven't heard back. Suppose only time will tell!
I got your message. I've gotten at least 50 messages about those machined aluminum-bronze bushings. I haven't continued the project due to people making my life hell and the machinist giving the drawings to someone else. Fortunately the drawings that he issued had a critical fitment problem so the corrected final design is with me.

The bushings work well but they transmit T-56 gear noise into the cabin. If I ever started making them they'd have to be Delrin or partial Delrin with a press-fit core. They're such small, simple parts that there's nothing in it for anyone and it's hard to get excited about making them.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I got your message. I've gotten at least 50 messages about those machined aluminum-bronze bushings. I haven't continued the project due to people making my life hell and the machinist giving the drawings to someone else. Fortunately the drawings that he issued had a critical fitment problem so the corrected final design is with me.

The bushings work well but they transmit T-56 gear noise into the cabin. If I ever started making them they'd have to be Delrin or partial Delrin with a press-fit core. They're such small, simple parts that there's nothing in it for anyone and it's hard to get excited about making them.
Thank you for responding here. Understood. Any interest in publishing the measurements you'd initially taken, if you're going to keep your drawings aside for possible future use? many thanks
Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Thank you for responding here. Understood. Any interest in publishing the measurements you'd initially taken, if you're going to keep your drawings aside for possible future use? many thanks
Once I get past my backlog of mods, I'll probably upgrade VSF and build more bushings. I think you're overestimating the value of the measurements I provided earlier. Pretty sure they were super rough.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Shifter Linkage Measurements