Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

going on post and getting my id checked my car died.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going on post and getting my id checked my car died.

I threw it in neutral started it and the clutch was stuck to the floor. So there I was in the middle of the road dead. I didn't want to really be sean pushing my 400hp luxury car so I shut it back of threw it in first and started/took off in 1st gear. Once I limped it home it was just as I figured the slave failed.

Any way you put it I was going to need a new slave so I just ordered awhole kit from monster no point pulling the trans to just replace the slave. It ended up being 1050 shipped for flywheel clutch bearings and slave that was their stage 2 kit.

Once I have it in ill let you all know how I like it.

I am about to order a set of tires also. I am looking at continental DWS. Anybody have any opinions of them I need a high performance alseason even though I am not planning on driving it once winter comes -50 is just to hard on cars.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Launching!

No bueno, the only issue I ever had with my vehicles and post is using their bad gas, that stuff sucks and is watered down. Doesn't seem like this is the case for you.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Teching In

I've had to pull my pedal up with my toe a couple times after hard driving. Was able to get some more life out of it with a good flush and bleed
Old 05-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thefullmonty_07
No bueno, the only issue I ever had with my vehicles and post is using their bad gas, that stuff sucks and is watered down. Doesn't seem like this is the case for you.
Why do you say that? Have you done a fuel test on it or is that just the "word on the street"? I hear that all the time and after testing some of the gas down here I didnt see much separation other than the normal 10%ethanol at any other pump. Pretty sure it's not special gas just for the base there. Just sayin, sorry for the thread jack
Old 05-26-2013, 04:06 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the DWS staggered with 275's in the rear...never would have gotten them if they hadnt been close out at Tirerack.com. Great tires when once warm, but they wobble when they are cold. For the price I paid, I cannot complain and they have great traction wet or dry.

These will be my winter wheels and tires after I get some other rims.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TokyoJoe
Why do you say that? Have you done a fuel test on it or is that just the "word on the street"? I hear that all the time and after testing some of the gas down here I didnt see much separation other than the normal 10%ethanol at any other pump. Pretty sure it's not special gas just for the base there. Just sayin, sorry for the thread jack
Because I've had issues using their fuel in a previous vehicle I owned, kinda just narrowed it down to the the times I've used their gas and when my vehicle would act out sometimes. I stopped getting gas from on post and didn't have anymore issues. I normally don't have a fuel testing kit in my car, so I didn't take a fuel sample or test it out, I was just saying that I had a problem with using their gas in the past. And yes it's been the word on the street that they water down their gas, but I doubt anyone else has tested this out too. I just stopped using it and that solved my problem, so that is why I made my statement. It's pretty clear that their gas isn't the best that is out there and I'd rather spend the extra few cents on something better (Shell) in my vehicles. Just like the Military, everything goes to the lowest bidder along with the fuel they use at Aafes.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Tires

Originally Posted by DMM
I have the DWS staggered with 275's in the rear...never would have gotten them if they hadnt been close out at Tirerack.com. Great tires when once warm, but they wobble when they are cold. For the price I paid, I cannot complain and they have great traction wet or dry.

These will be my winter wheels and tires after I get some other rims.
What is a DWS....a rim?? what brand are the tires? DMS---DMM DIC [Damn Im Confused] having a brainfart.....lol
Old 05-26-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Continental DWS.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

I replaced some BFGoodrich g-force super sports with the continental DWS's and have been very happy with them. They have softer side walls so they are a little slower to react when you turn but the trade off is a supple ride and they are very quiet. I do notice they vibrate until warm but would certainly buy them again.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do a quick search on here...

I think most complaints have come from running a monster clutch on here...

-meaty
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
If you do a quick search on here...

I think most complaints have come from running a monster clutch on here...

-meaty
Oops. What kind of issues?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the feeling of embarassment pushing a luxury car around. On the way to Maxwell AFB last summer from WY, my clutch position sensor finally crapped out in St Louis. I had to push start the car the rest of the way to Alabama.

As for AAFES gas, I used to always go elsewhere when I lived in Cali. Here in WY though, there are barely any nice cars around that I figure most of the premium fuel in the tanks off base has been sitting for a while. I figure, on base is the better option in that case. Otherwise, I like Shell because of V-Power...
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS all season tires and they are great. They have very good traction in any condition and smooth/quiet all the time. Plus they have a treadwear warranty.

Last edited by RedHotG8; 05-27-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Tires will be here Tuesday and I ordered them friday from amazon shipping was 27 bucks for 4. The wheels wheels were painted last night so all I need are 4 new tpms
Old 06-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

So I am very pleased with the tires. After driving cars with f1 supercars to pilots I would put these one place under super sports.

My only complaint about the monster clutch is no one at gforce engenering told me I needed different bolts then they wouldnt answer the phone at all last week. But customer service at monster/snl was great. Shipping only took 6 business days to north pole ak. Thats pretty impressive even though shipping was over 150 I think.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Just FYI, if you get it going in first you pull on the shifter and lift off the gas it will come out of gear, as the rpms hit the perfect sync with 2nd it will fall into gear. I can drive around up shifting and downshifting without using the clutch smoothly enough that passengers don't notice. It takes a little finesse though.

Last edited by Lbar; 06-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lbar
Just FYI, if you get it going in first you pull on the shifter and lift off the gas it will come out of gear, as the rpms hit the perfect sync with 2nd it will fall into gear. I can drive around up shifting and downshifting without using the clutch smoothly enough that passengers don't notice. It takes a little finesse though.
Oh really cool thanks for the help.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:39 AM

I hear that if you running it hard sometime the pedal will stick to the foor and you just have to pull it back up.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gonerazy
I hear that if you running it hard sometime the pedal will stick to the foor and you just have to pull it back up.
hang on Ill go try that.......

Quick Reply: going on post and getting my id checked my car died.