Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Wanting turbo ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have a twin setup. But will have front single mount by the end of the month.

Twin setup is great, its a little low, but if you have ever driven a car lowered more than 1", then you have likely had worse clearance, granted the consequences of carelessness could be worse...

Main reasoning for the front mount is the pursuit of 1300+ WHP, and it will look great to have a big *** GT4202, and then eventually 4508 sitting in the grill!

I am selling the twin setup as a complete kit, less the meth injection and boost controller. Will be in the range of $6500, and will include brand new turbos and oil pump. Keep in mind this setup is capable of 1000WHP with supporting mods, made 779 on incomplete tune and stock engine.

As far as the single mount goes, will be doing custom radiator and AC Condenser, getting rid of hood latch (center single outlet fbody type intercooler) and doing a relocate alternator kit for room. Turbo will be in the grill next to driver side headlight. Passenger manifold will wrap around the rear of the engine and connect with driver side at the turbo...

Will have pictures and post in the classifieds soon of the twin setup. will have pics of the single build soon as well, hopefully.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

B any way we could get pictures of your current setup?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Theres some in here:

http://s919.photobucket.com/user/IPS...?sort=3&page=1
Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

B how does that work out with your filters down that low? do you ever drive it in the rain or snow?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowdenali
B how does that work out with your filters down that low? do you ever drive it in the rain or snow?
Lots of driving in rain/snow, never any issues, too many "up angles" for water to make it to the engine, I even checked the IC one time to see if there was much water in there after 20 miles in heavy rain and there was not really any to speak of.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It rains almost every time I drive my car. I have yet to have any issues with water.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

That is awesome! My last question is about comp turbos. do you think that and e oil pump is reliable enough for dd use? Or would you go oil-less given the option. I am thinking that I am going to do a single down low beside the trans. I really dont think I want to fab a front mount setup that is ALOT of relocation just to get enough room.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Launching!

If I did it all over again I would go oiless...
'
Old 06-15-2013, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

I've got a single 78 mounted on the DS of the trans behind the DS manifold. No clearance issues. No air filter/water issues. No oiling issues. Works great. Here is a vid taken last fall shortly after it was finished. I have since made some revisions and cleaned it all up a bunch. I really need to get pics up of it now that it's more of a finished product. Also since the vid it has aquired a forged ls2, my "turbo" portwork and valve job (worth about 70 rwhp on same boost and timing) and a full return style fuel system with boost referenced regulator and a boost a pump. I've still only got it turned up to 10psi and 13 degrees timing and it feels like its making some steam. Need to get it to the dyno and turn it up and see what it will do but haven't had time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhxf6csPQ0

Quick Reply: Wanting turbo ideas