Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Header install finished. now no power to headunit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013 | 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Header install finished. now no power to headunit

ok so i work a ton and have 2 small kids and DD my V. so how i would love to have the time to wrench on the care myself i just had to have a shop do it. i have had many things done there and he is good but i have a couple issues that i need to sort out and if i can find something simple unplugged i wont have to go back in the shop.
i am wondering what could have needed to be unplugged to kill the headunit? any thoughts?
while it was in the shop it got pacesetters, revshift motor mounts, trans instert, and rear bushing, short shifter and bushings for that, 160 stat, ls7 clutch kit, speed bleeder, trans drain and fill, ended up needing msd wires and high temp sleves. i may be missing some small details but you get the idea.
my other issue/copncern it the exhaust tips are sticking out the rear bumper and i wasnt expecting that. i have the stock catback on still. if the pace setters with the adapters to the stock catback traditionally going to shift the catback to the rear?

all in all i am happy just need to iron it out. thanks for any input. i really am dumbfounded about the headunit right now. its dead dead, no lights no response.
Old 06-19-2013 | 10:44 PM
Launching!

I would think they would just disconnect the battery... but you did mention the short shifter install. Maybe there is a small ground wire in there that might have been removed? I haven't done much wrenching on my car yet but I'm just trying to think of what could cause that. I would also look at the fuses first. Its probably something small that might be a pain to find.
Old 06-19-2013 | 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

this should be damn simple.

when you do a short shifter install, you unplug the harness right under the HVAC controls, in front of the shifter. See if that is in there pretty tight. I bet your issue is there.
Old 06-20-2013 | 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah the battery was definitely disconnected. thanks for the tip RADEon I will get in there today on my lunch break.
Old 06-20-2013 | 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check the fuse. The fuse block in under the rear seat.

Check this picture out. Just remove the shifter bezel and look inside. I don't know what the big plug in front of the shifter is for. There is one plug that goes nowhere (circle in red).

Edit, That's the plug RADEoN is talking about.

Old 06-20-2013 | 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RADEoN
this should be damn simple.

when you do a short shifter install, you unplug the harness right under the HVAC controls, in front of the shifter. See if that is in there pretty tight. I bet your issue is there.
Good call.
Old 06-20-2013 | 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the pic. with all the new toys on the car i have fallen in love with it again. sounds great, shifts great. now who in MD can tune it for a good price? i know a lot of people will say go to RPM in DE. and i would love to but i am not trying to spend RPM kind of money. its just a simple bolt on car.
Old 06-20-2013 | 04:42 PM
FoD
On The Tree

Hope to get headers soon myself. Need more ponies.
Old 06-21-2013 | 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

SO, Did you fix it last night?
Old 06-21-2013 | 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup. you guys rock. it was the plug in front of the shifter. sorry i was going to get the reply up yesterday but was busy driving my V
Old 06-21-2013 | 02:10 PM
JDB
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigti99a
thanks for the pic. with all the new toys on the car i have fallen in love with it again. sounds great, shifts great. now who in MD can tune it for a good price? i know a lot of people will say go to RPM in DE. and i would love to but i am not trying to spend RPM kind of money. its just a simple bolt on car.
After all you spent, what's another $350-500 to have it tuned right? If you wanted to save money, it was in the easier work like short shifter and fluid flushes.

RPM quoted $350 however I went to County Corvette in West Chester, PA where I spent more but worth it to be tuned by Mike Kleman. ...and CC is a top notch shop.

As far as the tips sticking out... cut the mufflers off for more sound and weld the length of pipe you want and some nicer tips.
Old 06-21-2013 | 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i mean i am not looking for a $150 tune. i wasnt sure what somebody like RPM was going to charge. i spoke to fran and he said $350 which i think is a fari price. i also got a similar price from andrew at Complete Street Performance in PA. any feedback on those guys?
Old 06-22-2013 | 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stone17
Check the fuse. The fuse block in under the rear seat.

Check this picture out. Just remove the shifter bezel and look inside. I don't know what the big plug in front of the shifter is for. There is one plug that goes nowhere (circle in red).

Edit, That's the plug RADEoN is talking about.

no I mean the giant one in front of the shifter, not that little guy.
Old 06-22-2013 | 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup. you guys rock. it was the plug in front of the shifter. sorry i was going to get the reply up yesterday but was busy driving my V
Nice! Glad you got it sorted out. I had a good feeling that was what it would be.

yeah i mean i am not looking for a $150 tune. i wasnt sure what somebody like RPM was going to charge. i spoke to fran and he said $350 which i think is a fari price. i also got a similar price from andrew at Complete Street Performance in PA. any feedback on those guys?
Honestly, with such minor mods, I don't see any reason why I canned tune from something like PCM4Less or the like would be a bad deal. I had a pretty good experience with PCM4Less, but he did an in-person tune for me and it ended up being a little too much for a H/C LS6.
Old 06-22-2013 | 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

its my daily and I don't want to put it down again. I was thinking that or a frost tune but i'd rather get a # and have no down time.
Old 06-22-2013 | 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can get a number afterward... you can also pay for a core, and then get refunded after you send your old core shipped back.
Old 06-22-2013 | 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

all good points. i am itching to wrap it up though. if i can get it done this weekend i am on it. if not then i may choose to go another direction.

Quick Reply: Header install finished. now no power to headunit