Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What did you do to your V today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayRolla
I actually can not believe how much better it is. Took a bit of adjustment. I adjusted it till it was the easiest to get in every gear. Its amazing how much easier ever gear is to get in. Reverse is so easy as before it was a little hard to get it over. Feels like I dropped in a new trans.

Next are the CS engine and trans mounts.
Yeah it took me a few sessions to get it dialed in. It didn't like being set to the shortest throw, so I worked my way up in throw until it shifted nicely. I bought the trans mount and then realized it had already been done. If you want it it's a RevShift brand new. I can send for 25$ shipped.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Ashley
Yeah it took me a few sessions to get it dialed in. It didn't like being set to the shortest throw, so I worked my way up in throw until it shifted nicely. I bought the trans mount and then realized it had already been done. If you want it it's a RevShift brand new. I can send for 25$ shipped.
Thanks for offer but already have the CS mounts. I did same as you but opposite. Started at longest throw and worked back to short.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Lol

Figured out that 2 big dudes and a fork truck can fit a complete V rear end axles and suspension into a 4Runner. Then spent the evening breaking it down in the back of the truck with an impact so I could get it out by my self. Rear diff need sorted!
Old 06-16-2019, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Ashley
Shoot me a PM, I'd be interested in it it it comes with a factory mount.

-Byron
Old 07-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 07-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Zex wet kit with perimeter plate. Running 100 shot. All forged bottom end
Old 07-09-2019, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Finally getting around to engine reassembly. Well, prepping for it at least. Picked the heads up from the machine shop last week - new springs and seals. Cleaned up the intake manifold over the weekend - you know, something I should've done weeks ago while I was waiting for parts. Today was busy with a hundred pack of fresh razor blades working on cleaning the pistons and the block. Got 1/2 of that done.

Realized I took all the old head bolts to the metal scrapyard, so I can't turn one of them into an extended thread chaser. Also decided that I bought acetone (for final wipe-down of the heads and block sealing surfaces) at Home Depot the other day, and then apparently left it sitting on the self check-out stand when I walked out.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unhappy Leaky PS hose

Will put new pressure hose on tonight, will post pictures. Starting leaking a little, now reservoir empties in 20 miles.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

I spent some time over the last week cleaning the tops of the pistons and the block. Even after work it's been hot and humid, so working in the driveway is pretty miserable.

Yesterday I got the new cam installed along with the timing chain and lifters.

After finishing that yesterday I started to work on cleaning the head bolt holes. I made a thread chaser by Dremeling slots in an old head bolt. Tedious work, as the thread sealant on the factory bolts seems to have left behind plenty of muck.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcollege
Found a puddle of oil under the front passenger wheel when i left the driveway, pulled the wheel and saw what im pretty damn sure is a busted shock. New suspension time...
Looks like mine. Put it up on a lift at a friend's place to install the new alternator harness and my friend says, "hey bro nice shock". It's got less than 5k on it, replaced it last year for the same reason.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At long last the new wheel has arrived. Not it's not the guy from Instagram. It's from Keith Thomas through the Facebook group.

I don't remember the cost, you will have to ask him, and you must supply a core. A base model core is just fine.

Got a new external regulator also, plus hoses and fittings to run a dw300 pump, and more fuel to it if needed. I will see what happens when the new injectors arrive.

-Byron

Last edited by Byron; 07-24-2019 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CTSM (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Byron

At long last the new wheel has arrived. Not it's not the guy from Instagram. It's from Keith Thomas through the Facebook group.

I don't remember the cost, you will have to ask him, and you must supply a core. A base model core is just fine.

Got a new external regulator also, plus hoses and fittings to run a dw300 pump, and more fuel to it if needed. I will see what happens whenmodelhe new injectors arrive.

-Byron
That's a nice fat wheel ! Curious on the cost if you don't mind. I'm not on FB.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All done and sexified.

-Byron
Old 07-24-2019, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't realize in your first pics that it's not just re-upholstered with the suede and perforated leather, but it's a different shape, too!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Seats

Your seats look incredibly nice (from that small of an image). Are those the factory seat cover? Any suggestions on updating them, mine are getting a little crunchy.

Originally Posted by JayRolla
CS short throw, bushings and SS ****. Feels like a new car.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Belt and reverse lock out

This weekend I installed a new Serp. Belt, belt tensioner, and idler pulley. The tensioner pulley bearing was toast ( 75k on the car). The reverse lock out had intermittent issues this past winter so I replaced that too. It was also time to replace the oil and filter. Castrol Edge was $19.87 at my local Walmart 😀

Up in the lift

Bring a long ratcheting box wrench.

Idler pulley looks to have been loosing grease. Changed it just in case

Bearing in the tensioner was soft

Found these for cheap...
The following users liked this post:
JayRolla (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westwopper
Your seats look incredibly nice (from that small of an image). Are those the factory seat cover? Any suggestions on updating them, mine are getting a little crunchy.
They are original. 80k miles since 2004.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Blew up my radiator again, basic parts store unit, had 20k and 4 years on it. What's still available for aluminum radiators? I'm finding a DeWitt's unit on Jeg's for $600 and got a response back from Ron Davis for $1070! No thx. Alradco's site is down and they haven't replied yet.

Need to send my Mechman alternator back for service now as well, my harness chafed and shorted out the electronics. Threw in a ACD from rockauto in the mean time. The "battery not charging" still comes on occasionally, mostly when the AC is on, but haven't seen it drop below 13.7 on the DIC. Seems to be driving fine otherwise.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Continuing the slow reassembly of my LS6:
- Picked up the correct head bolts from Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac last Friday after work. (See this thread for discussion of me being stupid and ordering the wrong bolts.)
- This evening I removed the 10 incorrect bolts from the driver side head (which obviously weren't tightened down, they were just hand-threaded in place), installed the correct bolts, and torqued the driver side head down.
- I then started chasing the head bolts holes for the passenger side. For whatever reason, they were much cleaner than the driver side, so I made pretty quick work of that. Got to be about 9:15pm or so and I figured I might as well put the passenger side head on, too. Put the passenger side head in place and installed the fasteners, but didn't actually torqued them down. It was not quite 10pm by the time I got to that point, and I still have to eat dinner and pack for a business trip!
Old 07-30-2019, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Flywheel and pressure plate all cleaned up, clutch rebuild kit complete, all measurements for the floating plate etc done, bell housing is back on.

Just waiting for the slave to arrive via FedEx.

They are swapping out the rubber lines for the -4 an lines today, then reverification of the measurements for the slave when FedEx gets here this afternoon.

I don't predict any changes being needed to the measurements, but always feels nice to know absolutely. If needed we will machine an new spacer.

After the car is back together, it's going to an exhaust shop to get the cats installed so I can run the complete borla catback with cats and x pipe. Swapping the H pipe out.

Should be back on the road Thursday afternoon. Worst case I do the exhaust Sat.

-Byron

Quick Reply: What did you do to your V today?