Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What did you do to your V today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Got the car detailed for the first time since I bought it in 2007. Probably the first time it's been washed in over a year.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

I took the car to a track event about a week and a half ago. Still working on getting it back to the "normal" street setup. When I went to install the track pads and rotors up front, I found the inner face of both street rotors looked like so:

(Sorry for the blurry cellphone pic.) It's hard to tell from the crappy picture, but all of those little spots are areas where the cast iron had started to flake away. Never seen a rotor do that before, but both front rotors were like that! The outer faces of the rotors looked perfectly normal, and when I had looked at pad thickness through the spokes of the wheel, the outer pads had looked fine, so I hadn't really looked at the inner pads or inner faces of the rotors in quite a while - I just assumed they were fine, too. Turns out, not so much!

So, yesterday I:
- Installed new (used) front rotors that don't look like they're starting to disintegrate
- Installed new front pads (Powerstop Z26, same as what was on there)
- Replaced a couple of the bleeder screws with new OEM ones
- Installed the winter wheel/tire setup (OEM wheels with Nokian WR-G4 "all weather" tires), since it's about that time

Also looked around for an oil leak, but couldn't find it. I could smell oil burning on the exhaust on my way home from the event, and there's quite a bit of oil on the bottom of the car. I'm leaning towards rear main seal, since I couldn't see anything else obvious, but I dunno.
Old 06-28-2024, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Finally (in the last week of June) got around to reinstalling the summer wheels & tires.
Old 07-08-2024, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Been messing with the sunroof in the past few days. For a while now, on occasion when I would try to close it it would "bounce" back open because a plastic strip on the passenger side would work it's way out of position. On Friday I finally decided to just break the piece of plastic off, since it was already broken and not doing what it was intended to do. So I broke it off and... the sunroof still wouldn't close. WTF??

With a chance of rain in the forecast for the weekend, I put the car in the garage and took a look. Couldn't really figure out what was happening, but I did find if I held a little piece of plastic on the passenger side down, the sunroof would close. Huzzah! But then I noticed the rear of the sunroof was hanging low, so the seal wasn't against the roof. Weird, I've never had that happen before; if anything, it sometimes tends to hang up a little high, and I just "bop" the glass with the side of my fist and it sits back down like it should. Anyway, it was sitting too low now. I tried going to the vent position, and then back to shut, no change.

I looked for info in the V1 group on FB and found a post from a few years ago that said there are some Torx bolts you can loosen up to allow for repositioning the sunroof. I'll be damned, never noticed those before! Loosened up the 2 rear ones, raised the rear of the sunroof, tightened them back down (and made sure the front ones were tight, too), good to go!
Old 07-13-2024, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 98 Likes on 77 Posts

@AAIIIC for how long you have been a V1 owner not knowing about the Torx bolts...I didn't expect that lol. I'll give you another tip while I'm here. There is a second way to close the sunroof if the protection system is stopping you. Push the sunroof **** in, it will manually close disregarding anything that tells it not to. Just push the **** in and hold till it closes completely.

Once in a blue moon due to friction or other reasons my sunroof thinks something is in the way and it'll back up again, so I just push the **** in and hold it till it closes the sunroof...and it won't do that for a while after that. Another way to do this, is to help the sunroof along as it is closing the normal way, it will reduce any resistance detected by the board to the point that it won't trigger a re-open, works pretty good but pushing the **** is a more certain way from my experience at least.

Last edited by CTSM; 07-13-2024 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know not many folks frequent here anymore but I’m putting my car up for sale Super clean stealth grey 2005 with only 57k miles or so. TD black wheels, full B&B headers and x pipe exhaust. Stock suspension with bushings most places. Hurst shifter, audio jack for the music etc. basic but not hacky stuff. Can give the rundown for interested folks. It’s an awesome survivor car at this point. Send any interest to my DMs. I’m in Pittsburgh PA area.

I’ve had it 12 years now. Someone else should enjoy it. It makes badass noises.
The following users liked this post:
AAIIIC (07-15-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a great color. And sweet exhaust.
Too bad I just got a V2What did you do to your V today?-photo263.jpg
The following users liked this post:
AAIIIC (07-15-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your V today?