Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Engine rebuild progress w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is one example from "OnefastV" of 15 whp gains with only the addition of the LS2 TB with the MP112. I agree it could just be the dyno fudging too. I have to replace the throttle body anyway, and I'm trying to get the swap done for around $400 total. I don't think it can hurt anyway, and it would probably be a good idea for the 122 upgrade later.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...tb-maggie.html
Old 12-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Throttle body done, still no tune yet. Runs great, but next issue...belt slip. Anything over 3/4 throttle or 5k and squeal/slip like crazy. New Gates race series belt will be here on Monday, and I'm considering changing the front pulley up to a 2.9 if the belt doesn't get the job done. My tuner seems to think the current setup might be pushing 12psi, but I need to try and get it to him next week to check all the numbers (boost, ait, etc). I'd like a full 8-rib set-up but can't justify the $ at the moment with the holidays right around the corner.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Not much to update. The new Gates race series belt went on this week, as well as the first dose of 50/50 meth. Good news is there didn't seem to be any belt slip...bad news is the belt is already shredded after the first run. Picking up a belt laser tool tomorrow to make sure it's not an alignment issue with the pulleys. Always seems to be something...
Old 12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jkel1124
Not much to update. The new Gates race series belt went on this week, as well as the first dose of 50/50 meth. Good news is there didn't seem to be any belt slip...bad news is the belt is already shredded after the first run. Picking up a belt laser tool tomorrow to make sure it's not an alignment issue with the pulleys. Always seems to be something...
had this problem as well. I end up getting and ati, keyed it, and replaced the oem tensioner and idler. havent had a prob since. nice build PS.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Well belt issue was fixed with an ECS tensioner. I had to add some washers to the brackets to get it perfectly aligned (not sure if that's normal with their setup). I put new TR6 plugs in and gapped them to 30 as suggested by the tuner. I also added MSD wires while I was at it. Got it tuned and bad news...its running out of fuel and going lean. I still have the stock pump with the Magnavolt garbage, so I ordered the Racetronix fuel system to replace it. While I'm under there (dropping fuel tank) I might as well go ahead and replace the bushings (ordered from CS). While it's parked waiting for parts I pulled the Maggie back off to change the oil pressure sending unit which was leaking...what a PITA for a stupid sensor.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... change the oil pressure sending unit which was leaking...what a PITA for a stupid sensor.
Amen.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Well belt issue was fixed with an ECS tensioner. I had to add some washers to the brackets to get it perfectly aligned (not sure if that's normal with their setup). I put new TR6 plugs in and gapped them to 30 as suggested by the tuner. I also added MSD wires while I was at it. Got it tuned and bad news...its running out of fuel and going lean. I still have the stock pump with the Magnavolt garbage, so I ordered the Racetronix fuel system to replace it. While I'm under there (dropping fuel tank) I might as well go ahead and replace the bushings (ordered from CS). While it's parked waiting for parts I pulled the Maggie back off to change the oil pressure sending unit which was leaking...what a PITA for a stupid sensor.
What size Injectors do you have? If you need some 60# let me know as I have an extra set I will let go for cheap. As for the 90mm tb mod the only thing I switched between dyno runs was the ls2 tb and had it tuned again on the same dyno same tuner to just adjust for the ls2 tb. So as far as I know I did gain 15 rwhp from swapping. Are you 1:1 rears?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Onefast V
What size Injectors do you have? If you need some 60# let me know as I have an extra set I will let go for cheap. As for the 90mm tb mod the only thing I switched between dyno runs was the ls2 tb and had it tuned again on the same dyno same tuner to just adjust for the ls2 tb. So as far as I know I did gain 15 rwhp from swapping. Are you 1:1 rears?
I've already got 60#ers. I'm just not getting enough fuel to them, but that should be fixed next week. Yeah I noticed your post when you went to the LS2 TB and was pretty impressed with the gains from just a TB swap. I am 1:1 rear, also with overdriven crank so I'm spinning her pretty hard. Also use 50/50 progressive meth/water (for now) to keep her cooled down some.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

I've already got 60#ers. I'm just not getting enough fuel to them, but that should be fixed next week. Yeah I noticed your post when you went to the LS2 TB and was pretty impressed with the gains from just a TB swap. I am 1:1 rear, also with overdriven crank so I'm spinning her pretty hard. Also use 50/50 progressive meth/water (for now) to keep her cooled down some.
if you saw the dyno chart from that you can see how much the 112 runs out of air up top. With the 122 I no longer have that issue and the big difference was that hp did not fall off at high rpm and blower speed. This is with only swapping down to a 2.6 pulley
Old 01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Installed Racetronix fuel system last week and all is well now. So I'll end my rebuild thread with this. I've reached my goal and it's an absolute blast to drive (breaks the tires with ease in 3rd) ... 516/531.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome, you should bring it to Cars and Coffee next month and give me a ride! ahaha
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Awesome, you should bring it to Cars and Coffee next month and give me a ride! ahaha
Which cars and coffee? I want to come!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Which cars and coffee? I want to come!
I responded to your PM bud...

Quick Reply: Engine rebuild progress w/ pics