Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody, just in, DVD hack, now playing DVD while car is in motion!! I am so psyched!! I wanted everyone to know that I am a true Contributor to the CTS-V Community!! My brother and I where out in the car determined to find a solution. It took us about ten minutes to figure out with no wiring changes! You have to image the look on each other faces when we know we got it to work. When I released the parking break and the screen stayed on we were dieing!! I also want to give crate to eyeforthectsvguy! He lead me in the right direction.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=12591

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1
Put in DVD.
Step 2
Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3
While playing - Hold the ‘forward seek’ button then hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen. (You will see a little flicker)
Step 4
Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5
Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

Hope everyone enjoys, get the word out and be safe. If there are any questions with my instruction let me know and I will be more specific.

Other notes:
I got DVD-R to play fine in mine, but the +R are having some problems.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Awesome - I played (I didn't say watched) Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me on the way to work today. I guess if "they" really didn't want us watching movies while driving, "they" would have made it more difficult to hack a solution. Great job!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Excuse me but why would you want to do that??

Please, if you don't care about yourself so that you would watch a stupid DVD instead of watching the road, think about other people on that road. I could care less if you crash (and you WILL if you put your invention to use), I just don't want to be the other party involved. Just hope you will crash into a tree or something.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Iv_z28

Please, if you don't care about yourself so that you would watch a stupid DVD instead of watching the road, think about other people on that road. I could care less if you crash (and you WILL if you put your invention to use), I just don't want to be the other party involved. Just hope you will crash into a tree or something.
So your passengers will shut up watch a movie while you enjoy the drive of course
Old 05-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Teching In

I tried it and it worked fine. My son watched a DVD while I drove (and paid attention to the road of course) to the Southern National drag races. BTW, I used both a +R and a -R copied DVD and both worked fine. Thanks Clinton!!

Old 05-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Teching In

I hope you crash and die as well.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I watched DVDs while driving over 5000miles. No problem. I just watch movies i've seen 100x and just"listen" along. I can see top gun playing in my head. its like metal heads up display
Old 05-19-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by millat1m3
I hope you crash and die as well.
May be I will. Just don't want that happening because of somebody watching a DVD instead of driving. ...and I thought talking on a cell phone was bad. You can be sure of one thing - if I see you driving by me watching that DVD, I WILL be calling 911 ASAP.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Come on guys, saftey first!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

May be I will. Just don't want that happening because of somebody watching a DVD instead of driving. ...and I thought talking on a cell phone was bad. You can be sure of one thing - if I see you driving by me watching that DVD, I WILL be calling 911 ASAP.

You know the number?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Default 2003 Cts

Help!! I have a 2003 CTS and I can't seem to get the DVD override trick to work. Any ideas?? What buttons should I hold down to override the system??
Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Default 2003 Cts

Help!! I have a 2003 CTS and I can't seem to get the DVD override trick to work. Any ideas?? What buttons should I hold down to override the system??
Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Some people need to chill out
Just cause you have a TV up in the front of your car does not mean
your going to be driving around all the time watchin TV and not the road.
My old man has one in his pick up. He uses it on his breaks from work.
My buddy has one in his 98 Comaro he uses it in the stageing lanes
at the drag strip. While there preping the track he sits in there watchin Christine.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Watching DVD in a car while driving: DVD= Dumb Vucking Driver
Old 07-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Teching In

thanks for the info on the DVD.....gotta love this car

Quick Reply: Watch Dvd While Driving!!!!!!!!!!!