Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cleaning up the stickied area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Cleaning up the stickied area?

Just wanted to get some input on cleaning up the stickied area. Whats the consensus? Are all the stickies being utilized or would you like to see a few threads unstickied to make room for more in the future? Seems like this section has more then others. Maybe im just bored but I would appreciate some input.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the DOT Rear end thread can go bye bye, its been beaten to death and there is no DOT resolution to it, nor will there ever be.

The procharger thread has its points, but I would say that can go as well. Way too much nonsense in there with the good info.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

I agree with Dmax. A sticky made for an E-force thread or something instead of the procharger thread would probably be more beneficial I think. It would be nice to see a thread that contains only write ups, seems to be quite a few of those floating around here these days.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Brute speed still offers a pro charger package so I'd say keep that one. Maybe just clean it up? Or have an updated write up from someone who has put a procharger on their car? The rear end can def go. Heads and Cam is handy. Eforce would def be nice to have in there for options
Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do we have a good eforce write up? I know we have a thread with some info but im not sure anything is sticky worthy quite yet.

I will get rid of the DOT thread by unsticking it so it can still be found via search.

I will dedicate some time to cleaning up the procharger sticky today since im stuck working mandatory overtime thanks to the snow storm.

EDIT: Well after reading through a few pages and deleting posts I realized there are no pictures in that thread and it doesnt seem to be much of a write up. Im think the procharger sticky will be unstuck and replaced with something more technical. Right now its reading through 12 pages of just chatter.

Last edited by itsslow98; 02-13-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

I merged the FAQ and Parts page stickies together and I would like to find a detailed write up on the gforce and creative steel 8.8-9" conversion to replace the madman thread since he no longers offers the kit for the V.

Also, I think some type of collaborative thread on all the different mounts would be huge. Revshift, creative steel etc
Old 02-13-2014, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Brute speed still offers a pro charger package so I'd say keep that one. Maybe just clean it up? Or have an updated write up from someone who has put a procharger on their car? The rear end can def go. Heads and Cam is handy. Eforce would def be nice to have in there for options
I agree! Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-13-2014, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I agree! Thanks. Bob
I took it down for now since it wasnt very technical with a lot of clutter. Do you have any specific info you can do a thread on regarding it. Parts, install time, cost, tools necessary etc.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I took it down for now since it wasnt very technical with a lot of clutter. Do you have any specific info you can do a thread on regarding it. Parts, install time, cost, tools necessary etc.
Are you looking for the info specific to the CTS-V? I noticed this is in the CTS-V section. Please take a look at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-Brute...-CTS-V-Kit.htm Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Are you looking for the info specific to the CTS-V? I noticed this is in the CTS-V section. Please take a look at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-Brute...-CTS-V-Kit.htm Thanks. Bob
Yes and no. If you guys had a build write up of your procharger kit (a step by step with pictures) that would be posted. Not to mention awesome. But if you have installed one of your kits Bob on a 1st gen V and documented it, that would make a nice sticky as well as get your name/product out there more. I click on your link once a month and dream, then clean up the drool.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

On other forums I've seen a "Threads of Note" sticky that just includes links to, well, threads of note. It helps to keep the sticky section from getting too big.

So rather than having a sticky thread just about the E-force, and a sticky thread just about bushings, you have a sticky thread with a section for Engine Mods (with links to an E-force install thread, a head/cam install thread, a Procharger install thread, a 408 build thread, etc), a section for Suspension Mods (with links to a Revshift cradle bushing thread, a Creative Steel trailing arm install thread, etc), and whatever else you want to put in there.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Do we have a good eforce write up? I know we have a thread with some info but im not sure anything is sticky worthy quite yet.
Nothing sticky worthy? What is required to be considered "sticky worthy"? I don't think the majority of sticky's that were there set the bar too terribly high.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:30 PM
JDB
Launching!

Put them in a/the FAQ thread.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
On other forums I've seen a "Threads of Note" sticky that just includes links to, well, threads of note. It helps to keep the sticky section from getting too big.

So rather than having a sticky thread just about the E-force, and a sticky thread just about bushings, you have a sticky thread with a section for Engine Mods (with links to an E-force install thread, a head/cam install thread, a Procharger install thread, a 408 build thread, etc), a section for Suspension Mods (with links to a Revshift cradle bushing thread, a Creative Steel trailing arm install thread, etc), and whatever else you want to put in there.
Thats a good idea ill see what i can come up with
Originally Posted by DMM
Nothing sticky worthy? What is required to be considered "sticky worthy"? I don't think the majority of sticky's that were there set the bar too terribly high.
The cam swap thread is exactly what I want for sticky threads, incredibly detailed and informative. Not a thread full of everyones opinion on a subject with a fact thrown in every 8th post.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC

That sounds perfect. A sticky with several general categories (Power Adders, Engine, Drivetrain, Suspension, Audio, Troubleshooting, etc) and useful/influential threads below it.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Sticky philistine's dual fuel pump thread.

Quick Reply: Cleaning up the stickied area?