Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ECM fault after heavy throttle? any1 seen this? vid

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM fault after heavy throttle? any1 seen this? vid

Anyone got any ideas on what's goin on?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have a friend with an ls2 tb to try? TPS sensor is integrated on LS2 tb and cannot be changed out independently to my knowledge.

What happens when you fire up the car?
Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Car starts and runs fine. If i drive slow and granny shift all is good and no DTC's or reduced power. Just only with a good amount of sustained throttle it will trigger.

I never had this problem prior to getting tuned with this person. and my TB is stock. It was working fine before the tune?!

Unfortunately I don't have another TB to try out.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You could try the throttle body relearn procedure if that may help. You should be able to google it if you haven't tried it already.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had this saved
How to Relearn the ETC (electronic Throttle Control)
If the battery is disconnected, the electronic throttle control (ETC) may forget the zero throttle position too. If you find that your CTS runs poorly, you will have to have the re-learn the position.

To do this, turn the key to the run position with the engine off for atleast three minutes. Then turn the key to the off position. Start the engine and let it idle for 30 seconds. Turn the engine off and restart.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Brackets
Had this saved
How to Relearn the ETC (electronic Throttle Control)
If the battery is disconnected, the electronic throttle control (ETC) may forget the zero throttle position too. If you find that your CTS runs poorly, you will have to have the re-learn the position.

To do this, turn the key to the run position with the engine off for atleast three minutes. Then turn the key to the off position. Start the engine and let it idle for 30 seconds. Turn the engine off and restart.
That procedure is different than I remember. I thought there was a 'mash to the floor with key in accy position' step. It's been a while though. I may be thinking of something else.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can only come down to 3 possible causes. First; (and ive had problems here) the tb is junk! Ive been thru 2 ls2 tb's and bought a 3rd brand new from gm and havent had a problem since. All tps related.
2nd; pedal position sensor. Its just a potentiometer and they do develop dead spots in the sweep.
3rd resistance somewhere in the wiring.

Of course it could be the TAC module but unlikely in my experience... Or pcm.. Again ,thats really the last thing to kick the bucket unless its dead shorted
Old 06-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Launching!

I believe the problem is solved. The code was set by a major throttle position mismatch due to an issue with the tune. Specifically the throttle table. The throttle curve was adjusted outside the tolerance band for position error.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stand corrected. Tbw in the tune was something i deff overlooked. Do you know why the tps table was changed by chance? My car (04) has always had 100% opening on wot. Only thing that comes to mind is the torq management tables

Quick Reply: ECM fault after heavy throttle? any1 seen this? vid