Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Indoor car cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016 | 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by somethingclever
J....had condensation on them....
On them, yes, in them, no
Old 01-06-2016 | 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by somethingclever
Obviously it depends on the garage construction, the insulation, the amount of direct sunlight, and the day in question.

Obviously, an unheated home integral garage will not have the same results as a vehicle stored in an uninsulated storage unit with all metal sides.

To say that condensation does not form on a cold object quickly heated up could not be true unless there was absolutely 0% humidity.

Just the other day I walked in my pole barn and my truck, tractor, and cars stored inside all had condensation on them. Warm day after a cold couple...not sure why it is hard to believe.

Car cover, no car cover...who cares...just giving some input as was requested in post #1.
I get it. Thanks for elaborating. I suppose it would have helped if I mentioned it's a typical Pittsburgh built into a hill basement/garage 'first floor'. I.e. The basement half is underground and the garage half is not. The garage half is the sunny side of the house. I've never seen a drop of dew, spot of condensation or speck of frost in it. But I've never used a cover before so all input is welcome.

LS: he's talking about between the car and the car cover.

Quick Reply: Indoor car cover