Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Having a problem... I'm good but not this good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a problem... I'm good but not this good.

Let me start with mod list.

243s ported polished and a valve job done with new seals

new valvetrain parts

custom grind comp cam

fast 92mm intake

lengenfelter 92mm throttle body

k&n cold air intake

kooks header to a corsa catless catback

melling 10295 oil pump

walbro 255 pump with new harness and hard wire kit

diff bushing and cradle bushing from creative steal along with a 07 diff

creative steal motor mounts and trans mounts

new spoiler front bumper and hood.

New headlights, HIDs,

$1k in paint correction and ceramic coating.

Paragon Autosport splitter

Stage 2 McLeod rxt twin disc clutch with remote bleader.

So problem is she seems to be missing. Took the v to dr appointment, and came out to it running poorly. Very rich fuel smell at idle. But idles fine. As soon as I give throttle she's falling on her face. Shakes whole car. Especially between 1200-3000 rpm. No codes. No lights. This is a first for me. Starts fine revs fine. Does it no matter what gear. Does it in neutral. So had a buddy hook up his hp tuner. Found a code p1626. Because my code reader couldn't find anything. And Yes I did my research on p1626. But it's doing the complete opposite of what the code is supposed to do. It's adding 15-20% more fuel using short term fuel trims. The tune has the long term fuel trims disabled. Therefore, at wide open it's running way lean. So next step is checking fuel pressure. But in the meantime I figured I would post here and see if there's anything else I should look too. She's never acted up before.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Try here for some starters:
http://www.3800pro.com/forum/dtcs-pr...-received.html

https://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P1626.htm

Try the bottom one first...
Old 05-08-2018, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 557 Likes on 432 Posts

I think when the ceramic coating was done it fouled your spark plugs. Or maybe got the wires crossed when the hids were installed. Really, was all that pointless info needed? Rule of thumb, if you need help, put the facts and info that is going to be relevant, otherwise your making people read a bunch of stuff for nothing and they lose interest and move on to the next thread. Just like I’m doing now.....
Old 05-08-2018, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly I think it was the $1K in paint correction, should have sprung for the $2K correction job
Old 05-08-2018, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BaMaDuDe87
Honestly I think it was the $1K in paint correction, should have sprung for the $2K correction job
lol. Hopefully the op sees that all of that nonsense written is just that. Nonsense. Irrelevant to the problem. So why post it and make people sift through the b.s.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep lectures. That’s what people come here for.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by isis
Yep lectures. That’s what people come here for.
try raising some kids. You’ll get real familiar with lecturing. lol. Seriously tho. Do you really think all that bullshit about the detailing of the car. The shifter. The head light bulbs is really needed to be included in the post to give info on diagnosing a engine problem? I don’t.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

He can always make it part of his signature and then it gets in every post............
Old 05-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe I should have left that stuff out, however this is not my forum I am a part of. And typing everything out over and over again is a royal pain on a Mobil phone. Anyhow I apologise for "non performance adders" I listed. I copied and pasted what all I did. To help save me time. I'm sure you and everyone else has a list made. I should've deleted those. Again I apologise. In the same aspect I didn't post here to be lectured. I posted because I need help. And if I continue to be lectured I'll leave. I have 2.5yr old who lectures me enough as well as my wife. I don't think I need anymore. 👌
Old 05-08-2018, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WayneR07
Maybe I should have left that stuff out, however this is not my forum I am a part of. And typing everything out over and over again is a royal pain on a Mobil phone. Anyhow I apologise for "non performance adders" I listed. I copied and pasted what all I did. To help save me time. I'm sure you and everyone else has a list made. I should've deleted those. Again I apologise. In the same aspect I didn't post here to be lectured. I posted because I need help. And if I continue to be lectured I'll leave. I have 2.5yr old who lectures me enough as well as my wife. I don't think I need anymore. 👌

no worries.

What id Check:

for off see if you have a single cylinder misfiring. Got you a squirt bottle of water and crank the car. Immediately spray each header tube with a couple shot of water. It should evaporate quickly. If the water lingers on the tube, there’s a problem. Likely a burnt plug wire. A plug wire not snapped in all the way. It a fouled or defective spark plug. Non of those seem to be the culprit? Well maybe it’s in your tune. If it ran fine and all of a sudden your having an issue, my money is on plug wires.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy

try raising some kids. You’ll get real familiar with lecturing. lol.
Have some of those and a wife.

Originally Posted by WayneR07
No sweat. I’d follow the water bottle too. Could be a coil pack but I’m not sure the ones on this car go bad all that much. Some cars they’re the first thing you’d check
Old 05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by isis
No sweat. I’d follow the water bottle too. Could be a coil pack but I’m not sure the ones on this car go bad all that much. Some cars they’re the first thing you’d check
I didn't think they went bad either. anyways i just ordered some tr6s. I gotta remove the coils anyway to replace plugs. I understand that that some guys do and don't. I will test the coils while I have them off. Does anyone have the info on what they should read on a ohms meter?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Also I should add I get a weird sound on decel. Doesn't matter if clutch is engaged or disengage. Doesn't do it under load. Doesn't do it on a rev up. Engine sounds good. The this sound / rattle starter when this issue with the motor started. The best way to describe sound is as if you ran over a pop can. Happens in neutral as well. Moving or not. Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

I know it's a short video and hard to hear. But I can't reenact it. Does it when it wants too. I have 33 16 sec videos saved and that was the only time it did while trying to make it happen on video. Yesterday I started it up let idle to operating temp then blipped the throttle and did it. So hard to get it to do it. But that's the sound.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds like an exhaust rattle or heat shield loose perhaps. With your rear, suspension and mounts, it ain't a quiet smooth Caddy any more. You improved handling and maybe some component longevity but at a cost: Adding poly will reveal noises that were being dissipated by the rubber. If it's not getting more frequent and louder, I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

w Corsa exhaust I have issues with the exhaust getting into the ADCO rear sway bar. Not sure if this would be an issue w a stock rear sway but it sounds similar.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesnt corsas exhaust pipes or the resonator when it gets wet it makes funny noise, i thought i seen a few people with that problem before? Also maybe that loose heat sheild sound could be your driveshaft hitting the heat sheild cause the carrier bearing is worn?
Old 05-15-2018, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Check your push rods. I put a motor together one time with link bar lifters and no lifter trays and I ended up not seating one of the pushrods in the lifter seat. Car was running slightly off and couldn’t figure it out for a few days but that was the culprit
Old 05-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Teching In

For the rattle sound -What about the little crossmember/bracket that is about halfway between diff and trans. It's a lightweight bracket, don't know it's real purpose. After I installed my china headers (knockoff pacesetters I believe), my corsa exhaust would bottom out/touch that spot and make a rattle at certain rpms and loads. I think my sounds lasted a bit longer than your quick snap..but maybe? Bending the hangers so the system had some play stopped that.