Notices
Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clutch Master Cylinder Options

Old 01-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Default Clutch Master Cylinder Options

Is there a better option for a clutch master cylinder on these cars? Iíve rear that Philistine used to make one using either a Wilwood or Tilton mc but it seems like heís stopped making that piece. Are there other bolt in options?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

He still sells his kit. I'd go new OEM myself.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

After having Tilton and Wilwood master cylinders fail, I went back to stock. I don't know what it was about my car that the PMC didn't like, but I spent way too much time ******* around with it and can't say I saw any appreciable improvement in clutch performance or feel.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He still makes them, I just ordered one less than 5 mins ago.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Iím torn. I need to bleed the system to see whatís what because some days it will shift well, but not awesome. Usually if itís cold out it will shift better but then the pedal feels like a sluggish sponge. Iím thinking there must be either air in the lines, the mc is done and canít push the needed fluid or the fluid is done. The car only has 112k kms on it and Iím trying to figure out if the mc is dying or what since there are random times when it wonít let downshift with out rev matching almost like there is a block in front of the shift gate.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

At 14 years old low miles donít help that much. Rubber and seals just wear out.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

My stock unit has performed just fine, so I don't see any reason to replace it with anything other than stock. I'm at 189k and it could use some new fluid (actually haven't flushed it in 90k), but otherwise I have no reason to suspect it's bad. At 112k it could be a number of things if it's all original.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Had a PMC and went back to stock. It was a PITA but nobody knows that as well as AAIIIC
Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Teching In

If I switch it out Iíll probably stay stock as that seems to be the common choice. One thing that makes me think itís the MC is that if Iím coasting in first gear with the clutch in I can feel something happen in the pedal and then the clutch start to drag where if I try to take it out of gear I canít and I need to let the clutch out, put it back in and then itís good. I canít figure out if thatís the MC or if there is air hiding in the lines. Iím going to do a big flush/bleed this weekend and see if that solves it.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Make sure to get the motive powerbleeder and follow the pmc bleeding instructions. Everything else did not work for me, plus it was pretty easy with that setup
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1247 View Post
Had a PMC and went back to stock. It was a PITA but nobody knows that as well as AAIIIC
I went back to stock also, runs my act twin just fine.

-Byron
Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Teching In

I got a PMC in November (he does still sell them, just PM him) and if I could go back I probably wouldíve gone with something else. Nothing wrong with the PMC, it works exactly as advertised (install was a bitch, but that will be the case for literally any mc on this car) but the stiffness is a bit over the top for a DD if you have a commute with a lot of traffic. I can drive the car fine, but it gets tiring.

Iíll probably switch MC when I go LS7 clutch.

YMMV, again, the PMC works exactly as advertised, no faults there.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BudRacing View Post
My stock unit has performed just fine, so I don't see any reason to replace it with anything other than stock. I'm at 189k and it could use some new fluid (actually haven't flushed it in 90k), but otherwise I have no reason to suspect it's bad. At 112k it could be a number of things if it's all original.
I've had both stock and the pmc/willwood.

I went back to stock. Ran an ls7 and my current twin disk just fine and with considerably less pedal effort.

Buy a centric brand master and save the cash for other mods.

Many people however disagree with me on this. Your mileage may vary.

There was absolutely zero gain other than replacing a worn master with a new one in my case.

-Byron

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: