Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Value of a 2005 with a hurt motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kra86
Sounds like you are real emotional about all this. You don't want to understand and would rather start tossing mean words around and being nasty.

This is a factual part of the ECU. I did not put that part of the ECU in nor did I have any influence upon the creation. Here is some history from myself since you know me so well.... My father worked for Chevrolet from 1964-1977 as a research engineer. After Chevrolet, the Old Man went racing in the SCCA, bought a Datsun 510 and built the engine, setup the chassis and went racing and did well. Fast forward sometime past the twenty-some odd years of his work and my Saturday trips to the Nissan dealer, we learned some stuff. I bought some Nissans in early 2000s and we learned together the new stuff. Fast forward to the V1. His first ride and first drive was underwhelming. There was nothing wrong with my car as far as I and the tuner that I used knows. After the tuning session, the Old man (and a third party friend I invited) noticed right away the car had been transformed when we compare the drive to the tuner vs back from the tuner.

I like my 1992 Sentra SE-R a tad bit more than my 2006 CTS-V and that car is vastly less money. The OEM ride is smoother, the shifter is better, the steering is precise, the car is set up right from the factory. I add sticky tires, aggressive pads, set alignment to zero toe and rear suspension bars on the top and a rear roll bar and that car is a track worthy machine that I can beat the snot out of. Sure makes a hell of a lot less power, but that thing won't break, I drove it to track days, went to drag strips, beat the snot out of it and drove it back home.

You want to toss around words when you know very little of my experiences as well. I am glad you have had three cars and a stout accumulated mileage. I have about double that mileage on two cars that i have had for sixteen plus years. Please do not get caught up in the hyperbole. I wanted a V1 ever since I saw one working at a Cadillac dealer performing trades for surrounding dealers. I had two moments of second judgements with the car. The first was on the ride home, overwhelmed!, thinking what did I get myself in to. The second was after the old man and I tried figuring out the first time why power was being delayed or taken away. After the tuner, not once second of regret towards owning, or maintaining the car. If you take everyone criticisms of something you enjoy in this way, it won't be a good time.

I do the majority of work myself. You probably at least can tell that by now since you have not taken one step to learn, meet, or communicate with me in anyway. I know you can read the posts. I have driven on race tracks in Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and New Jersey with a few different cars so I do know what I am talking about. I setup the cars, I maintain the cars, I try to do OEM plus builds. This sure ain't none of your stated "dumb, boy racer, spoiled brat" comments that clearly your emotion and not fact-based observations.

If anyone made it this far, now look at all that sharing of info I did. And I am still trying to just get on speaking terms, because there will not be any useful conversation anymore if the other forum member desires to engage in a negative fashion. If that is what ya'll want, so be it.
Damn. Got real defensive there. Nobody said you WERE a boy racer. But to say that the stock ECU makes you want to vomit because of torque limiting, is a very boy racer thing to say. Or I would even say its a very pompous thing to say.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Logic fact based observations > emotion.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hyperbole = emotional response
Old 06-01-2019, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
Hyperbole = emotional response
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Old 06-02-2019, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kra86
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
Touche my friend.