Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Tire Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CTS-V Tire Sizes

Hello all,

Just hitting 13K on my 2004 CTS-V and have the cords hanging out of the tires so they are needing replacement. Quick question that I would love to have some input on - What alternate size tires fit well on the stock V rims? I would like to put a slightly wider tire on the to aid in traction, but do not want to noticeably effect the handling if possible. Is the factory size the best choice? Has anyone used 255, 265, or 275 tires with a lower aspect ratio on factory rims?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know people are running 275's but some complaing of uneven wear due to the bulging of the tire...255 are the most common replacement....and if those are still your stock run flats that are showing cords, you should take it to good year and see if they can give you a treadlife warranty...alot of people have done it, including me...ended up getting my gsd3's mounted and balanced for 300$ I got a 270$ per tire credit I think for my used run flats that were almost gone a 8k.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

I second the Goodyear warranty, I run 275/40s on the back.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mat347
hows the wear??? pretty even??? or is the center getting a little more??
Old 07-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mat347
What is the Goodyear warranty? How many miles were they suppose to last? I will check into this. I'd like to go with 275s, at least on the rear. I'll be dropping heads / cam / blower / throttle body on it this winter so a little extra tire might be useful.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toohighpsi
What is the Goodyear warranty? How many miles were they suppose to last? I will check into this. I'd like to go with 275s, at least on the rear. I'll be dropping heads / cam / blower / throttle body on it this winter so a little extra tire might be useful.
well I think the 275's are still up for debate, some said it was worth it, others said because of the bulge they were no better than a good 255 tire...as for the good year warranty I think they claim they last at least 20k...and I think the record is 22k on the F1's (granny driven)...and as for the warranty, just bring it by your local goodyear tire center, tell one of the guys your situation (tires wore out really fast) he'll measure your tread depth, or lack thereof in your case...make a call to goodyear and they'll tell you how much they'll give you per tire....this works as long as your rears arent toast and your fronts are fine, then I think they'll give you a rough time.....like I said I got out paying 300$ out the door, some have paid 600$ but even on tire rack I think the DSD3 is going for $200+/- a tire......some people have been able to do it through they're dealer and switch tire brand, I wasnt and had to stick with a goodyear tire, just went non-runflat.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nikon
well I think the 275's are still up for debate, some said it was worth it, others said because of the bulge they were no better than a good 255 tire...as for the good year warranty I think they claim they last at least 20k...and I think the record is 22k on the F1's (granny driven)...and as for the warranty, just bring it by your local goodyear tire center, tell one of the guys your situation (tires wore out really fast) he'll measure your tread depth, or lack thereof in your case...make a call to goodyear and they'll tell you how much they'll give you per tire....this works as long as your rears arent toast and your fronts are fine, then I think they'll give you a rough time.....like I said I got out paying 300$ out the door, some have paid 600$ but even on tire rack I think the DSD3 is going for $200+/- a tire......some people have been able to do it through they're dealer and switch tire brand, I wasnt and had to stick with a goodyear tire, just went non-runflat.

They gave me a $1200 credit. What they don't tell is that you can take that credit and buy any tire you want. You just have to be direct in your line of questions. I went with 255 Yok Advan Neova, 180 treadwear AA A that are damn sticky and have treadlife to boot.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

t1-R 275/40/18 on the rear, stock 245's up front.

Good tire and well worth the price. The ride is 100 times smoother than the stock tires, they handle very well compared to more expensive tires, wet traction is great, and last!!

They have a nice design that yeild a solid feel around the corners when giving it speed. They sqeal, moderately, when taken there, but retain a solid steering feel. IF anything, turn in is down compared to the stock f1's but its tuneable.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Tire Sizes