Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Well, traded the V...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006 | 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Default Well, traded the V...

Interesting, i had no intention of doing any such business at all. I was getting my car back, after it being at the dealer for two weeks again for the same issues i have been dealing since day one. This time i went to williamson and its official, in general, service departments have no interest n making their clients happy or even caring, just make sure they stay under their monthly quota and they are ok.

Anyways, after another disappointing trip, i tired of the shinanigans, i walked over to the showroom and was checking out a few different cars. They sell hummers as well in this dealer, so i found myself drawn to the H2.

Well, long story short, braman screwed me with the intial negotiations, they have been contacted by my lawyer already, i got a OK, if not below expectations, trade-in value for the V and i drove away with a fully-loaded, lux suv h2.

Black on black, sunroof, chrome brush guard, rear air suspension (able to raise rear another 3inchs) nav, rear dvd system, third row seat, bla blah blah. Got a nice intreset rate and when it all came down to it, i only have to add another 80 bucks to my current monthly.

That said, this H2 is about four times more vehicle, interior is nicely appointed with leather trimming and soft, yet supportive seats, more aesthetically pleasing, amd comfortable then the V will had ever been. I love it. Just amazing hoiw agile this H2 really is. DIdn't think it would be but she drives so slick, compareable to a TBSS with fulltime, selecteable AWD and a **** load more of suspoension travel. Rides on air, thats how i can discribe it.

Gas sucks, got it to 12mph in the city, with a bit of HW, but my old tahoe got that and this will crush that silly truck!!

Im a bit "neutral" about getting rid of the V, but i had to. Great car but all in all, service was lacking and not up to par with the money being sent every month. If i could get another one and rid eit hard, sure, but it has to be used and about 30k or less.

The H2 is nothing like the V, it has its moments and what was crazy is that yesterday i was scheduled to ride in a autoX event at homestead... oh well, maybe i can run the h2 with a set of sways...

OH, which reminds me, this thing has a lq9 so a 408ci is easily attainable. Trans might get swapped for a 80e and the TC as well.

So, i hope ya'll dont get the impression that im pissed at the world of cadillac, far from it. ITS A GREAT SPORT SALOON. It handles amazingly and with my experience, just as good as any two door sports car with compareable weight and distribution figures. Its has a very mod friendly engine and a trans/drivetrain ratio that keeps it happy. I guess i just felt that i needed to move on and see what else is out there. ALso, getting an AWESOME deal in a H2 for the same price, almost, as my V might of had something to do with it. Just goes to show that you really dont have to plan this stuff out, it just falls on your lap, sort speak.

Well, with that, im not going anywhere!! ( 2c5, no such luck for you!! )

I like this section, ppl are interesting and well worth the read, especially you grandpa, i swore i wouldn't let you down so im staying and helping around the farm.

Got some pics, i'll host a few....

LATERZ FUCKRZ!!!!!

Last edited by obZidian; 08-21-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2006 | 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

HAHA... you're SCREWED now! Wait till you hit 13's in the H2... it'll be whole different animal (i.e. one that isn't obese and slow like stock)!

If you're thinking about a maggie on the H2... read my extensive posts on the Performance trucks side of the house. It's a great kit... but to be best informed... read.
Old 08-22-2006 | 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have one anymore also and every day i drive that shitty suv all i say is today the day Im going to buy a another V. I miss it way to much! Give it a couple of weeks, you will crave it!

Question: should i try to buy back my wrecked V.(12gs worth of work, all front end)
OR Start all over with a new one.
Old 08-22-2006 | 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how much can ya buy olde one back for?
Old 08-22-2006 | 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, silverado, you dont drive the V, even though you were gonna sell it, becuz you got rid of it, it was almost taken away from. Crazy, today i finally went back to the dealer to get my box out with the alpine 12's and my amp gear. As soon as i say it, it was almost as if the car had lost its luster. It wasn't like i hate the car, is that i guess i feel that im over it and its time to move on. strange. If i could find another one and gut it, drift/autox/RR the snot out of it, would be great, but i guess that is tale not yet written.

Charris, i just found that post, haven't read it yet, but got it right here!!! Your H2 moves brotha, you think you can break the 13.0 mark with a solid stall and that 402? I think so, but you never know these things how they play out at the end. If i was gonna go with a roots, which was/is the initial plan, i think i am gonna give kenne bell a call and see what they can do. Im not sure how that may turn out. I will probably not go with the magnuson, it doesn't produce the power and im afraid that it may die out with more boost.

maybe a 408/2ci/2.6L KB would be enough to get me what i want. The thing is, i dont want to just make it a fast truck, i want to take advantage of the trail capabilities, so im looking at a few kits to help out with that.

I guess the perfect H2 would be a 12sec., trail-duty monster, RR/autoX (crazy-me!!) freak. Hmmmm.. dont ahve the cash for all of this so we'll see where it leads me.
Old 08-23-2006 | 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

427twin turbo! NOS!!! How much money do you guys have to blow on a H2 race car. I would be so funny....
Old 08-24-2006 | 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Interesting.
Old 08-26-2006 | 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

If they made the H2 with a Duramax, I'd be interested in one. Those trucks get too crappy of gas mileage for me to consider one. My Dodge diesel 4x4 can tow way more and still gets 19 mpg, with 400 rwhp and 800 ft-lbs (TST box).
Old 08-26-2006 | 06:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
If they made the H2 with a Duramax, I'd be interested in one. Those trucks get too crappy of gas mileage for me to consider one. My Dodge diesel 4x4 can tow way more and still gets 19 mpg, with 400 rwhp and 800 ft-lbs (TST box).
I saw your old Dually at Spring Dodge...It still has the LS1tech stickers on it
Old 08-26-2006 | 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Soon.
Old 08-29-2006 | 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

there is a company that already has a duramax conversion in a h2. Can out really nice and good platform to make good, solid power and gas mileage.

Im not sure why these trucks get the mileage they do. Its really not that much heavier than the silverados (6500lbs est.) Honestly, i have managed to get anywhere from 10-12mpg city only. A mix will be in the 11-12.5avrg. all highway, which i haven't done yet, some have gotten as much a 16mpg.

thats really not that bad... hummer isn't required to say what the average fuel mileage is due to weight, but if you drive with your foot in it, expect somewhere in the 4-6mpg city.

It may have to do with full-time AWD borg-warner unit weighing down the drivetrain? I do know that my hptuner key for the h2 is on delivery and im sure i can get a more stable, fuel comsumption. She has a 4.11 so we'll see..

laterZ!!
Old 08-29-2006 | 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by obZidian
there is a company that already has a duramax conversion in a h2. Can out really nice and good platform to make good, solid power and gas mileage.

Im not sure why these trucks get the mileage they do. Its really not that much heavier than the silverados (6500lbs est.) Honestly, i have managed to get anywhere from 10-12mpg city only. A mix will be in the 11-12.5avrg. all highway, which i haven't done yet, some have gotten as much a 16mpg.

thats really not that bad... hummer isn't required to say what the average fuel mileage is due to weight, but if you drive with your foot in it, expect somewhere in the 4-6mpg city.

It may have to do with full-time AWD borg-warner unit weighing down the drivetrain? I do know that my hptuner key for the h2 is on delivery and im sure i can get a more stable, fuel comsumption. She has a 4.11 so we'll see..

laterZ!!
6800 lbs with me (270ish), no spare tire (other than my personal one...), and a half tank of gas with the radix I had. Its the stop and go traffic that kills. You're acclerating two cars up to speed every time you start rolling. Each wheel and tire on mine scaled at 99 lbs. LOTS OF WEIGHT... lol But I pretty much trump or equal anything on the road if an accident ever happened. Once I get the turbo going I'll trump most street cars light to light as well

The full time 4wd does eat some power, though. Its a bigger axle package and transfer case than the other GM vehicles though so it'll take more power, too
Old 08-30-2006 | 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

"aren't you worried that people will be bothered by this exhaust mod?"

"Nah, its onlya in the mornin', anyways, the'y shou b 'wake anyways."

THat is one of my favorite alltime quotes!! ITs not exact but its something that avatar of yours once said....

harris, did you tune the radix+shot yourself of had a tuner to it for ya? Or were you running the magnuson tune? (i doubt it though...)
Old 09-01-2006 | 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

"aren't you worried that people will be bothered by this exhaust mod?"

"Nah, its onlya in the mornin', anyways, the'y shou b 'wake anyways."

THat is one of my favorite alltime quotes!! ITs not exact but its something that avatar of yours once said....

harris, did you tune the radix+shot yourself of had a tuner to it for ya? Or were you running the magnuson tune? (i doubt it though...)
I love that clip so much its still my avatar... lol I just love the "WoooWOOOOOO!!!!!"

I did my own tuning from the base of the magnuson. If you do get a maggi... do yourself the favor and immediately get the larger 122 upgrade. The 112 base runs out with the 2.75 pulley (10psi) and 60 lb injectors on a cammed, stock head 6 liter. The included 42lb injectors ran out on me at like 8 psi if I recall right.
Old 09-05-2006 | 05:14 PM
Banned

Congrats on the new ride.

I always enjoyed reading your posts.

The whole CTS-V saga has really depressed me.
I really hope GM can get it right when they release the new CTS-V.

I am really hoping for an AWD option, LS7/LS9, and a paddle shift option.

I am really surprised you did not go with the Tralblazer SS.
I know the H2 has the bling,
but it can't touch the TBSS performance.

I want GM to offer a sedan with an auto trans, at least 400/400 LSx engine and
ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

Good Luck with the H2.

Last edited by tt c6; 09-16-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2006 | 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

thanks... i was looking at the TBSS and at the end, i decided against it. ITs not so much the bling of the h2, i can rally car less about me being able to stuff 30's, though it would be killr to sport wheels that are bigger than most cars out there...

however, the interior of the h2 is absolutely gorgeous. hands down, i'll put it up with anything the germans can produce.. different style but its absolutely stunning. I got it in hte suv lux ebony interior.

As for performance, well, harris her as done some amazing things with this 3ton hammer and a 13sec. or faster, h2 would be sweet. I do plan on an adjustable suspension though, 4inchs up or down, and wider tires. So, we'll see..

thanks again, im not going anywhere, to the dismay of a few, so dont expect me to disappear..

laterZ!!
Old 09-15-2006 | 02:41 PM
On The Tree

thanks... i was looking at the TBSS and at the end, i decided against it. ITs not so much the bling of the h2, i can rally car less about me being able to stuff 30's, though it would be killr to sport wheels that are bigger than most cars out there...

however, the interior of the h2 is absolutely gorgeous. hands down, i'll put it up with anything the germans can produce.. different style but its absolutely stunning. I got it in hte suv lux ebony interior.

As for performance, well, harris her as done some amazing things with this 3ton hammer and a 13sec. or faster, h2 would be sweet. I do plan on an adjustable suspension though, 4inchs up or down, and wider tires. So, we'll see..

thanks again, im not going anywhere, to the dismay of a few, so dont expect me to disappear..

laterZ!!
WTF?

Where's my cam?
Old 09-15-2006 | 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dannystang
WTF?

Where's my cam?

LMFAO
Old 09-15-2006 | 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

"i smell... i smell......"