Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Do CTS-Vs grab attention?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do CTS-Vs grab attention?

Like if you're driving down the street do girls/women check it out? Or do they not really notice it? I'm trying to decide between a vette and a CTSv (yes I know I need to decide what kind of car I want cause they are completely different) but I was wondering if the CTSv would get as much attention as the vette would.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

The vette would probably get a little more attention but with 4 doors at least you could take the women with you in the cts-v. I have chicks complement my car all the time.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any idea what the average age of CTS v drivers is?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

I thinks it's a pretty good mix. I'm 24 and there are people younger/older than me on this forum with a V.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

The 'Vette will get more attention, but the V will get a different kind of attention.

Everybody's seen a Corvette, but a lot of people flip when you pull up to a gas pump/stoplight/drive-thru in a rumblin' Caddy (Kooks headers help the effect).
Old 06-02-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V gets "what is that baller *** car that sounds mean as **** hanging with that porsche over there"....vette gets "ooo theres a new vette...is it a z06?.....no....."

so pick ur poison
Old 06-03-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol that is so true regarding the vette! If its not the z06 its just not the same. Do people look and this car and think $$$$$?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a CTS 3.6 and now have a Vette, I got alot of attention in the CTS for not having rims or anything. And as far as the Vette getting more once I did the body kit and wheels it was a huge difference! Decide which one you want and then personalize it and add rims and whatever one you chose will get you alot of attention!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

I get quite a bit of attention with the V...especially after adding the Kooks headers. She just sounds plain mean. Not as mean as a 408 or anything, but still pretty mean. Most of the attention is from younger guys
Old 06-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

i get alot of attention between the kooks, corsa and hood. Some people just stare at it like what the heck is that thing. I was a stop light and a guy was turning coming from the opposite way, as he was turning he just whips his head around and stares at my car and almost hit a car that was merging onto the road.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where im from they have quite a few regular cts's but only one other V, but I get a good bit of looks especially when they hear the rumble or tires melting they tend to look in shock and awe.... and the women definitly love it any age from 20 to 40 they love it, but if they dont know what it is they would definitly look harder at the vette
Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

don't buy a car based on how much attention it gets / hope to get, you will be very disappointed. Also, in my experiences, girls don't care about cars at all. As long as its clean, smells good, drives nice, and isn't a tiny economy car, you will get 'nice car points' with them. My friend has a nice 2001 trans am and he's always got like 4 chicks riding around with him in it. I have a 2000 Accord that I keep mint and clean, every chick I've dated has said 'oooo this car is nice'. Unless the girl is a gold-digger or really into cars, they arnt gona care very much.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zero fear hit it on the money!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

A CTS-V and a regular Caddy dont look much different. Only car savvy people would look, IMO. The Vette is much more recognized. Are you buying a car solely on the head turning factor??? speechless..
Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

I get a lot of looks from my V, many more than I would a Vette, since they're a dime-a-dozen around here... although very attractive also, might I add. Most of the attention I get is from other guys my age or older who either know what the CTS-V is and just want a closer look, or people who have to look twice to make sure it's the clean black Caddy making all the rumbling noises.

It's funny--I've caught myself twice at two different restaraunts, as I'm walking out to my car, I see people checking it out, looking at the brakes, underneath, the exhaust, etc. It always makes me chuckle and realize this car really is different from just about anything else out there.

As for girls, well.. you should get compliments from either, but remember: it's not so much about the car as it is the person inside the thing. A car is nothing more than a form of transportation (not to mention bank account diversions, and to most of us). If you're spending time around girls who are drawn to you by your car, you're either hanging out with the WRONG type of girl or making up for something else.

Get the car that suits your lifestyle and needs best. Both of them exceptionally well and can get you in equal amounts of trouble, although the V tends to "fly under the radar" easier, especially if you don't spring for personalized plates!

Last edited by Imperator; 06-04-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club

I have a big cam and fairly loud exhaust. When people hear it, they usually look right past the Caddy - assuming that the noise couldn't be coming from there. When they figure it out, they are usually shocked. So, mine seems to get attention through noise, but I don't know about appearance.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Staging Lane

ur caddy runs 9's? or thats another car
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MCasano1
I have a big cam and fairly loud exhaust. When people hear it, they usually look right past the Caddy - assuming that the noise couldn't be coming from there. When they figure it out, they are usually shocked. So, mine seems to get attention through noise, but I don't know about appearance.

My V did get a fair amount of comments and stares before. But after adding the cam and headers it gets noticed everywhere now.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get the vette it comes with the ***** magnent
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

There are so many regualr CTS's rolling around in the Bay, I don't get that many looks from people in my V. Only other people in sports cars. That's about it. Not many people still know what a CTS-V is.

A lot of times I will come up to a light and see the car next to me looking in their mirrors looking to see where that V8 sound is coming from. Its pretty comical. When I take off, the sure find out where the V8 sounds is coming from.