Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Installed a Magnaflow cat back

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed a Magnaflow cat back

Installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust system on my '05 V Friday. It took 2 hours and fit very well. I picked it up on e-bay for $609 shipped. Any fuel mileage advantage will evaporate due to more spitited driving. It just sounds so good to get in it a bit. I have nothing to compare with except the stock system and it is louder all the time. I like it.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Magnaflow is my favorite, you got a great price! Bob
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I too love mine, my buddy got a B&B on his V...too loud for me, it's be great for just weekend, but coming home at 2 in the morning it sucks...vibrates everything in the whole damn car...so good choice with the magnaflow.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

just got our magnaflow on yesterday, from removing stock exhaust to putting it back on the ground with the Maganflow it took 45 minutes. Sounds great, not loud very deep
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nikon
I too love mine, my buddy got a B&B on his V...too loud for me, it's be great for just weekend, but coming home at 2 in the morning it sucks...vibrates everything in the whole damn car...so good choice with the magnaflow.
B&B is junk.... their headers are worse!!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The Kooks headers fit great on the V, they about fall into position. Bob
Old 06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2c5s
B&B is junk.... their headers are worse!!
i dont think mine is junk.... but i would like to get the x-pipe and get rid of that damn resonator that I bought it with.... but whats wrong with their headers? I would like to get some headers, leaning towards kooks, if they fit with the b&b catback I already have...
Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
i dont think mine is junk.... but i would like to get the x-pipe and get rid of that damn resonator that I bought it with.... but whats wrong with their headers? I would like to get some headers, leaning towards kooks, if they fit with the b&b catback I already have...

Warped flanges and pipes that hit the steering arm to name a few issue's. Stay tuned guys, American Racing will have their headers out shortly, put's Kook's to shame and makes more power.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Teching In

I got my Magnaflow from High Horse Performance. The price was $600 and it was drop shipped directly from Magnaflow. The guys at HHP will work with you on price. I did my internet shopping and found the lowest price possible and then asked them to beat it and they did. Most good suppliers will work with you knowing that everyone does internet shopping.

These guys at HHP do mostly Mopar stuff but they sell parts for most performance cars. I was just happy with their attitude on the phone and their willingness to be fair. You may want to consider them for Caddy parts or other LS1 parts. www.highhorseperformance.com

That's it,

2000 Camaro SS/ SLP (Too many mods to list)
2005 CTS-V (Magnaflow, Granatelli MAF, Volant CAI)
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Teching In

I have a magnaflow on my v also, but I would leave the resonator in place, the X pipe makes a lot more noise and more importantly it will vibrate inside the car anytime you accelerate below 2k rpm, believe me I tried it. There is also no HP gain to the X pipe. I think the magnaflow exhaust sounds awesome without being excessively loud.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a magnaflow on my v also, but I would leave the resonator in place, the X pipe makes a lot more noise and more importantly it will vibrate inside the car anytime you accelerate below 2k rpm, believe me I tried it. There is also no HP gain to the X pipe. I think the magnaflow exhaust sounds awesome without being excessively loud.
Id rather have my car vibrate on low rpm acceleration than have a ricer on steroids sound when accelerating from low rpms... I am definetly going to get some headers, but I just need to wait a little bit... clutch probs...

Quick Reply: Installed a Magnaflow cat back