Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lingenfelter CAI Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter CAI Woes

All - I installed a Lingenfelter Cold-Air Induction kit 2 weeks ago, no problems.
This week I got a check engine light. OnStar said it was "Engine Fuel Control System" and get it into the dealer w/in 7 days. I disconnected the battery, twice, and it came back on each time after a few times driving. Cadillac tech said specifically error codes 131 and 134 (I believe) which meant too much air, not enough fuel. Put the stocker back on, problem resolved. Lingenfelter said this was a first. Doesn't make sense, why won't the ECU just say "more air, I guess I should provide more fuel."

Anyone have similar experiences with a Lingenfelter CAI or others?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a tune will fix this immediatly
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

you more than likely have an air leak somwhere in the intake track... Re do the install... Use wd 40 on all of the inlet and outlet surfaces when you attach hoses... That should fix you right up.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
a tune will fix this immediatly

Fix what exactly since he does'nt know what's wrong.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Tune Numbers?

If a tune will clear the code, what dyno numbers may I expect? Anyone have that experience?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Launching!

There's a leak somewhere- a tune won't fix it. Make sure everything is buttoned up tight, especially behind the MAF sensor and TB. Be careful you don't overtighten those screw clamps, as they WILL strip out and be useless (been there, got the shirt).

The MAF will automatically adjust fuel trim based on incoming air, but if there's air coming in after the MAF it has no way to see it. I'd get this fixed ASAP, because running lean can cause detonation which will lead to engine damage.

As far as HP, you'll be lucky to get between 6-10hp out of an intake, even after a tune. The stock airbox is not as inefficient as everyone seems to think.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

i dont know if Lingenfelter intake uses the stock intake tube or not but when i put my k&n intake on my afr's were off the charts in the 18+ range at about 2k rpms, never got a check engine light tho
Old 06-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Stock Intake Tube

It uses the stock intake tube. Maybe we'll try her again... I don't know. Worth mentioning, Lingenfelter has offered to allow me to return it. Thinking of doing so, and replacing with the K&N panel filter inside the stock box. Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 07BlackRaven
It uses the stock intake tube. Maybe we'll try her again... I don't know. Worth mentioning, Lingenfelter has offered to allow me to return it. Thinking of doing so, and replacing with the K&N panel filter inside the stock box. Thoughts?

as i said before... reinstall it and make sure there is no leak, by sealing it well.

A tune wont work.
sending it back wont work.

reinstalling it will work.