Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Not Cracked Grenaded!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Cracked Grenaded!

i "Grenaded" my differential and so says harrys cadillac its was customer abuse would it be worth doing this so called "rear end fix". and if not then i also need a differental, anyone out there have one just lying around that they would sell?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mrchurch117
i "Grenaded" my differential and so says harrys cadillac its was customer abuse would it be worth doing this so called "rear end fix". and if not then i also need a differental, anyone out there have one just lying around that they would sell?
Don't have one laying around but I can definately hook you up with the parts you might need at a fraction of the cost from the dealer. Give me a call or pm a parts list on what they say is wrong.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unless you have modded your car, I would challenge the dealership, and then go to Cadillac Assistance if still denied. 'Customer Abuse' is a very relative term, you own a 400HP luxury performance sedan, and 'spirited driving' is acceptable/commonplace.
Good luck
Old 12-13-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Unless you have modded your car, I would challenge the dealership, and then go to Cadillac Assistance if still denied. 'Customer Abuse' is a very relative term, you own a 400HP luxury performance sedan, and 'spirited driving' is acceptable/commonplace.
Good luck
No crap. Tell them you were tyring to do "zero to sixty under 5", like their national V advertising program bragged about, and the rear wend KABLAM.

I would consider taking to another dealer too.

-Chris
Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I see you are in Asheville. If needed you could ship your car up to Alexandria VA, and get Lindsay to fix it. Unless you are crazy modified, I'd bet they would fix it under warranty.

I'm on my 4th. All swapped at Lindsay.

-Chris
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

I'm on my 4th as well. The 1st one was when I was stock, the 2nd and 3rd went after adding a supercharger. All were warrantied b/c they KNOW the car has a POS rear end. Find a different dealer that actually knows what their talking about. This crap pisses me off.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

I agree with all of the above - that's a warranty issue. Look at that NHSTA...or whatever...thread that is stickied above. The government is investigating the rear-end failures. Screw that - GM should be buying your first without question.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Launching!

This is simply a dealer taking the easy route of denying. If you start shouting NHTSA or Advertising then they'll throw you out on your ***- I recommend calling Customer Care and explaining what happened, as well as the fact that the rear diff is a well known issue with these cars. The person on the phone will tell you they've never heard of it before (script), but I would be surprised if they didn't call the Dealer and have them replace it under warranty.

Good luck, and remember that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What year is your V?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 PM

If you're looking for an OE diff, there is a fellow advertising a new OE for a V on ebay. That was at least as of yesterday. Speaking on 'grenading'. I had the experience of being the participant of an explosion when I was with the service director at my servicing dealer. Thank goodness he was driving, and it wasn't my car!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are certain dealerships that are aloud to do mostly everthing under warrenty, it is based on how much Revenue they produce. Smaller dealerships don't have the same perks as big volume dealerships, Lindsay, Sewell etc. This is what my Caddilac dealership said to me...I would argue with them....My Z06 (25k miles, 03)is in the dealerhsip for its 4th transmission issue and its all under warrenty....they know exactly what I do with that car...rag it...