Did you test drive your V before buying? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2)
Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Did you test drive your V before buying?

Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Did you test drive your V before buying?

Did you test drive your V before buying it? A local Infinti deal has '13 coupe that I'm interested in buying. I stopped by, asked about the car, they asked to see my driver's license, made a copy, and then let me look at the car. When I asked for a test drive they said no test drives on specialty cars without a deal. I'm over 50, and drove my '05 V to the dealer. No way I'm going to negotiate on a mid $30,000 used car with over 50,000 miles without driving it, and there's no reason to give my ID if I'm not driving their car! What was your buying experience?

Last edited by Gus_Mahn; 03-28-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Tell them to get fucked or ask to speak to the general manager.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by qweedqwag View Post
Tell them to get fucked or ask to speak to the general manager.
I called and did speak to him. He agreed that they shouldn't have copied my license, and stuck with their no driving of "specialty" vehicles policy. No wonder they've had the car for 2 months.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Wow if the car was new sure, no test drives. Sorry but I would move on to a dealer willing to deal. They can keep there prize pony sitting there.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Toes View Post
Wow if the car was new sure, no test drives. Sorry but I would move on to a dealer willing to deal. They can keep there prize pony sitting there.
I believe there was a promotion in '09 or '10 where Cadillac offered me $50 to test drive a new one. I knew I wasn't going to buy a new one, so I didn't waste their time.

My wife wants me to get a brand new $50,000 Mustang GT. I hear they absolutely rip, but I love the way my V blends in with the crowd. I've driven my V like a nut for over 10 years without a ticket. Mustang is the poster child for speeding tickets around here.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Launching!

I was required to show license, proof of insurance, leave the keys to my other vehicle and a credit check before a test drive, and an employee had to ride along ...

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: