Cadillac CTS-V Classifieds Cadillac CTS-Vs & Cadillac CTS-V Parts For Sale

Wtb - ls7 cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010 | 12:43 PM
Teching In

Default Wtb - ls7 cts-v

As per the title, I am looking for an LS7 powered 04 - 07 V. Let me know if you have one you would like to sell.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-09-2010 | 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Don't we all!
Old 08-09-2010 | 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Don't we all!
No doubt. There's at least 1 LS3 and an LS7 car out there, you never know I guess.
Old 08-09-2010 | 03:02 PM
Launching!

probably will be easier to get a high mileage V and do the swap yourself, but good luck!
Old 08-09-2010 | 03:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TriGuy
probably will be easier to get a high mileage V and do the swap yourself, but good luck!
I already have one of those and considered that. Trouble is that the car is my DD and I cannot afford the downtime.
Old 08-09-2010 | 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about buying an LS2 and stroking it out, so while you're getting the engine work done you can still drive your car. Then just swap it out, shouldn't take over a couple days and just get a cheap rental car for 20 bucks a day while you're doing the swap.
Old 08-09-2010 | 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
What about buying an LS2 and stroking it out, so while you're getting the engine work done you can still drive your car. Then just swap it out, shouldn't take over a couple days and just get a cheap rental car for 20 bucks a day while you're doing the swap.
Thanks for the idea, but I have been there before. Similar situation actually, swapping out an LS6 in a Z06 for a 402 (LS2 based) stroker. Knock sensor was a PITA along with various other changes and tuning challenges, although I had a big cam in there. I know it sounds quick and easy, but from my experience at least, you can take the estimate from the shop and double or triple it with regards to time and there's always going to be problems when making a complete engine swap like that when a different generation motor is going in.
Old 08-09-2010 | 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

I was quoted no more then a week from Jessie @ W4m. I know they have had less then stellar rep for the mail order tunes but I'm sure f2f hes much more effective and on point.
Old 08-09-2010 | 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
I was quoted no more then a week from Jessie @ W4m. I know they have had less then stellar rep for the mail order tunes but I'm sure f2f hes much more effective and on point.
Although Jessie might have an occasional issue with the mail order stuff, I would not even think of questioning his ability to do what he says that he will, in the length of time that he states, nor his integrity and / or ethics. I have never heard of anybody unhappy with his work when they have taken their car there.
Old 08-09-2010 | 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

be patient, and everyone else remember buying cars that are already built is like getting all mods for free basically. you pay pennies on the dollar for stuff like that. i dont know why im never smart enough to do it though haha.
Old 08-10-2010 | 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
be patient, and everyone else remember buying cars that are already built is like getting all mods for free basically. you pay pennies on the dollar for stuff like that. i dont know why im never smart enough to do it though haha.
I did that once......biggest headache I have ever had......get one thing fixed and something else would break.....ugh most frustrated thing in the world....the problem with buying one already modded, and everything is that you have no idea how well the work was done, or if it was just rigged together and what not....
Old 08-10-2010 | 10:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ITSAV
I did that once......biggest headache I have ever had......get one thing fixed and something else would break.....ugh most frustrated thing in the world....the problem with buying one already modded, and everything is that you have no idea how well the work was done, or if it was just rigged together and what not....
I hear ya. I bought an 03 Z06 with Katech mods installed by an anonymous shop. Let's say my 'free' mods cost me a motor which lead to the 402 and the problems I encountered through that (bad short block which needed to be replaced and also destoyed my clutch, slave and drive shaft).

I love the idea of a stock LS3 or LS7 with bolt-on mods and a decent tune to get reliable power and driveability. Too bad they are few and far between.
Old 08-24-2010 | 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by MYTOYZ
I hear ya. I bought an 03 Z06 with Katech mods installed by an anonymous shop. Let's say my 'free' mods cost me a motor which lead to the 402 and the problems I encountered through that (bad short block which needed to be replaced and also destoyed my clutch, slave and drive shaft).

I love the idea of a stock LS3 or LS7 with bolt-on mods and a decent tune to get reliable power and driveability. Too bad they are few and far between.
i get 24+ in my V....unless u want to get down on it...still not too bad.
u can PM me....check out my profile for pics...seeya GREG O.