Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

BC people, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC people, need some advice.

I'm going to be moving from Kentucky to New West, BC here in a couple days. I've never been to Vancouver much less Canada.

How is the job market up there?

I know that's a vague question but I don't even know where to start with the questions.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Job market is steady up here from what I hear/can tell you. You won't have trouble finding a job. What type of vehicle are you bringing up here? Any mods? Get your rain gear ready. Any other questions I can help you out.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackops22
Job market is steady up here from what I hear/can tell you. You won't have trouble finding a job. What type of vehicle are you bringing up here? Any mods? Get your rain gear ready. Any other questions I can help you out.
Thanks. I just got in last night.

My car is still about 1300 miles away in Kentucky but it's a '98 T/A, h/c and bolt ons, th350, dropped approx. 600lbs, and full suspension.

How far are you from New West?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Ya im 40 minutes away from New West depending on traffic. Once the new bridge opens up it will be a bit faster.

Get ready to meet AirCare; its just about as strict as the California emissions test. I don't know if you will be able to pass emissions with a h/c, if its a smaller cam you might be able to squeeze by. The only way to find out by taking your car thru. http://aircare.ca/

Basically all the sweet cars are in for the winter. When spring and summer comes around its muscle car capital of Canada.

Send me a message if you need to know anything!

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot you have a 98 car, if it was under 97 then you would have to do the emissions test. All they check for in your car is to see if you CATs and no codes.

Last edited by blackops22; 11-30-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome to BC!
i moved here last year and it is the best place to live haha although i haven't seen many muscle cars around. so far i can say that the only thing i miss is the weekly or at least monthly gathering with a fbody club!!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SOULPOWER
Welcome to BC!
i moved here last year and it is the best place to live haha although i haven't seen many muscle cars around. so far i can say that the only thing i miss is the weekly or at least monthly gathering with a fbody club!!
Where did you move from?

I noticed there is a drag strip called Mission Raceway, is that the only one?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wildta
Welcome!!!
Thanks!

Do alot of you guys know each other?

Maybe we could have a small get together at a bar or something here in a couple weeks? I know I would enjoy it and get to meet some people up here as well.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Yes Mission Raceway is the only drag strip, but it is the raceway everyone around here heads too. Its one of the best strips since it is located at sea level and we have somewhat of a mild climate.

I know quite a few of 4th gen f-body guys -- we should get something going soon between all of us in the spring. Just remember the best meet of the year is in February at Spanish Banks in Vancouver (type in Spanish Banks on YouTube). I will let you guys know the date when it comes closer. Definetly do not miss that, its the best way to get involved in the Fbody/Mustang scene.

If you want to setup a bar date thats cool. Although not many of us will have our rides on the road. PM me a date, time, place.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

You'll be Fine with air car as long as you have cats, and no engine codes. Blackopps22 doesnt know what hes talking about. You can even just use cat covers on each side of your Y-pipe to make it look like you have cats. Thats How we got blackdummys car through.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome...I am in Vancouver West [KITSILANO]...blackops22 and I know each other....Langley is the place to hang in spring/summer...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by airfix
You'll be Fine with air car as long as you have cats, and no engine codes. Blackopps22 doesnt know what hes talking about. You can even just use cat covers on each side of your Y-pipe to make it look like you have cats. Thats How we got blackdummys car through.
Yeah..no codes + cats, and you are good.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

NHRA, Ive seen you around lots, one time @ the shell on 200th kinda by colossus, Btw your hair is badass.

Last edited by airfix; 11-30-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

NHRA, Ive seen you around lots, one time @ the shell on 200th kinda by colossus, Btw you hair is badass.
Kinda LOOONG for sure....we should all get together in the new year..
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

I don't think I'll bring the car up here....no emissions systems, no cats (open headers), no air bags....I don't think I'd be able to get tags on it.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Launching!

wow wow wow, im getting a 02 trans am soon with true duals so it has no cats, what are these cat covers, i think these are just what im looking for to pass the checks !