Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Boys in Blue not playing fair!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Boys in Blue not playing fair!

I was in Milton this evening visiting family.

I was south bound on hwy 25 just north of Dairy Rd. I see a Taxi pull out a block in front of me and fish tailing all over on the wet pavement. I say to the wife I would not want to be riding in that Taxi and all of a sudden it lights up like a slot machine.

An unmarked cruiser had a taxi sign on top of it! 8o

I pulled up behind it as the constable was getting out and the sign says "Police" instead of "Taxi" and had the tel phone #878-5511, on it.

Not nice! :x

So guys beware, they are not playing nice.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF, thats crazy man, I guess they figured out that a 'ghost' car is almost as easily distinguishable as a regular cop car.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO! That is so wrong.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Holy ****!

As annoying as that is, its kinda clever. Wonder how many police vehicles are marked like this.

Would also be interesting to know how many people have called that number looking for a cab haha
Old 04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 91ZLS6
Holy ****!

As annoying as that is, its kinda clever. Wonder how many police vehicles are marked like this.

Would also be interesting to know how many people have called that number looking for a cab haha
..... call that number just hammered looking for a ride home from the bar!! LOL!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Wow...I wonder if this has anything to do with the crackdown police are doing because of the new fast and the furious movie...I heard they are supposedly targeting all modded cars...maybe its related to the pacer program that was posted about earlier...

I've heard of the U.S having unmarked grand prixs...a cop will have his lights on with the grand prix pulled over at the side of the road...drivers will think the cops busy and continue to speed by...then the grand prix will pull out with lights flashing and give pursuit...
Old 04-04-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously? man they are getting desperate. There's a pre school near me and one cop hangs out there and gives tickets for ANYTHING to the parents, and anybody driving by. I nearly got one for not stopping for a complete 2 seconds.....
Old 04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slammer454
Seriously? man they are getting desperate. There's a pre school near me and one cop hangs out there and gives tickets for ANYTHING to the parents, and anybody driving by. I nearly got one for not stopping for a complete 2 seconds.....
You dont need to stop for 2 seconds...you just need to come to a complete stop...

I have a lot of respect for cops and the job they do...I have a couple of friends training to be cops...but cops like that^ **** me off...there is no need for that crap...
Old 04-04-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
You dont need to stop for 2 seconds...you just need to come to a complete stop...

I have a lot of respect for cops and the job they do...I have a couple of friends training to be cops...but cops like that^ **** me off...there is no need for that crap...
I know about the 2 seconds thing, thats why I thought it was ridiculous, the officer actually told me "I wont be in court to fight it" which means that she was writing them to get her quota.

I come from police officers, hell my fathers bulletproof vest is in the museum on College at headquarters. It's really changed, officers are more concerned with moving up in the force through tickets and arrests then actually doing their job properly.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slammer454
I know about the 2 seconds thing, thats why I thought it was ridiculous, the officer actually told me "I wont be in court to fight it" which means that she was writing them to get her quota.

I come from police officers, hell my fathers bulletproof vest is in the museum on College at headquarters. It's really changed, officers are more concerned with moving up in the force through tickets and arrests then actually doing their job properly.
I know...hell, a buddy of mine in an dumdumdumdumdum(heavily modded) got pulled over the other day by 8 cops...had him pop the hood (he did, he has nothing to hide)...cops were trying to tell him that his fuel lines were actually nitrous lines, and that he was running nitrous in the car...He doesnt run nitrous at all...They basically were just breaking his ***** and giving him a hard time...cops ended up giving him a couple tickets for anything they could muster up...guy has a clean record prior to this to...now he has to go fight all this crap.

I dunno...sometimes I feel they target us (especially us younger guys) in sports cars more then they target a lot of these other idiots that I see on the road...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

WTF ? cop in taxi im gonna call that # for a cap
Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

The end is Nie.....
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Wow!!
I saw a volvo 850 cruiser in Milton once. I wonder who comes up with these ideas. Seems kind of wrong to me.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

isn't it kind of deceiful or entrapment or something in a way? I have heard before that if you get a speeding ticket from a cop with radar, and the cop was hiding behind a pole and his car is not visible you can get it thrown out of court...something about it being like a trap or something I can't remember...I think if they can do this we should be allowed radar detectors...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
I know...hell, a buddy of mine in an dumdumdumdumdum(heavily modded) got pulled over the other day by 8 cops...had him pop the hood (he did, he has nothing to hide)...cops were trying to tell him that his fuel lines were actually nitrous lines, and that he was running nitrous in the car...He doesnt run nitrous at all...They basically were just breaking his ***** and giving him a hard time...cops ended up giving him a couple tickets for anything they could muster up...guy has a clean record prior to this to...now he has to go fight all this crap.

I dunno...sometimes I feel they target us (especially us younger guys) in sports cars more then they target a lot of these other idiots that I see on the road...
You know what the problem with most cops are? They usually are clueless to most laws. YOU CAN HAVE NITROUS INSTALLED IN YOUR CAR, the bottle must be disconnected in a means that it cannot be connected from the pass compartment ie. remote bottle opener.
My point they were going to nail him for something legal. Go figure.

Yes the end is near
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Start passing out flyers with 878-5511 "new taxi service"
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Ahh, the arguement rages on! My $0.02 - I would rather see cops working hard to protect children and teenagers from the absurd amount of drug traffic in this country, than the guy with a @#tang or @#Q$ro who has performance exhaust, or a decent list of modds!

But hey, how many more kids need to die from Drug ODs from dealers roaming the high schools and jr highs with the latest drug of choice????

That is my question, and the same one I asked every single time wasting useless Cop who pulled me over for exhaust, or "to see who was driving the car."

No offense to those here involved, but ALL city COPS and EVERY SINGLE RCMP out there has ABSOLUTELY ZERO respect from me until they prove otherwise.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW, cab cops... just evil.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What I wanna know is, did they see you take that picture and did they do anything about it??

Quick Reply: Boys in Blue not playing fair!