Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

The Shark is done

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015 | 03:46 PM
Teching In

Default The Shark is done

I finally got all my mods installed on the 02 SS. The heads were ported and polished along with the trottlebody, gm hot cam comp 918 springs LS7 lifters LT stainless works headers with 3" Y and full 3" catback. Deleted the cats,and air crap to clean up the engine bay some. Thanks to stormed norm for helping me finish up a few things and being a second set of eyes for the first startup after all the engine work was done. Finally I plastidipped the whole car. Only thing left now is get a tune to take care of the secondary air injection error code and the o2 sensor codes.
She hauls *** pretty good with what little work I have put into her so far. But now I think I want to go turbo or maybe an F1A procharger.

Old 06-02-2015 | 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Good to have another f-body with some rumble on the streets of 'peg city.
Old 06-02-2015 | 04:45 PM
On The Tree

I like the paint/color looks slick.
Old 06-02-2015 | 07:47 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah she's got lots of rumble now. I might swap out the muffler though for something just a tad bit quieter the bullet style that came with the system is just downright nasty when you pound on it. This whole project started out with just needing to change the rear engine cover, I had a pretty good drip coming from the cover and when I dropped the trans the bolts on the rear cover weren't tight and there was no RTV where it mets up the oil pan. From there I pulled the heads because when I went to do the headers there was a bolt broken off in the head with what Braziers machine shop said was an easy out broken off in the hole. So went on the machine the heads just enough to get a true surface and ha d some port and polish work done them. I was going to go all the way but when I wiped down the block surface my bottom end was spotless.

Thanks on the color choice, However that is not the color it started out as. The color on the wheels is the color I had mixed by mixing in 50g of RedRum flake with a gallon of matte black, but when I shot the high gloss pearlizer over the body it ended up going a shark fin grayish color. I have another 50g of the redrum flake on the way and a gallon of the pearlizer I'm gonna try mixing the flake right into pearl and see what happens there.

Old 06-02-2015 | 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Shark color looks pretty badass mang
Old 06-03-2015 | 03:08 PM
12 Second Club
20 Year Member

I thought it was wrapped

Well I guess I it is wrapped up now

Now get out there and cruise because winter happens in 2 months
Old 06-05-2015 | 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

What would really look sweet is a set of plastidipped TT2 wheels on your whip...flagrant classified trolling...sorry!
Old 06-05-2015 | 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

nice catfish

Quick Reply: The Shark is done