Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

any canadian tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bifster
I think my transmission is slipping so there goes another 4000$ but hey you gota pay to play. thanks again guys and please keep the info coming if you have any news..

Ps does anyone know the adress to autoworx???? seeing as how it is not on bailey st anymore
Autoworx is at 42 Voyager Court North. It's right off of the Carlingview exit off the 401 so it's easy to get to.

You should join Toronto F-Body Motorsports (TFBM.Org) as you would get 10% off all parts and labor which includes Dyno tuning. The cost to join is $40 and right off you would save $50 for the tune and what ever else work you get done there. We also get discounts from 4 GM dealers for parts which is cost plus 10% which works out to about 33-40% off of list price. We also do drag racing which our next date is this saturday and also Solo which is in 2 weeks. Our club members drive the cars and not just how and shines. Goto TFBM.org and there is a link to our events and you could also join our club which would give you access to our Forums.
Old 08-11-2005 | 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pomp
Why would you want to get your car tuned at a Mustang shop??? How many tunes has he done on LS1's??
not sure how many tunes he's done, but everyones got to start somewhere. I'd rather let a "mustang" place tune the car instead of going to some of the shops listed on here. Did you read eugenioSS thread about his motor and tune, nuf said
Old 08-11-2005 | 09:31 PM
Launching!

I understand what your saying I havent spoken to the owner or tuner yet I was just talking to my friends about where they get their tunes done and prices I dont even know if the shops they go to can do it.... I was comparing prices mainly seeing as how they are almost 300 less but I forgot we were talking about real cars not go carts.
Old 08-12-2005 | 07:44 AM
12 Second Club

Why would you want to get your car tuned at a Mustang shop??? How many tunes has he done on LS1's??
He's moving over to LS1's and has tuned quite a few now.
Old 08-12-2005 | 07:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by augiedog77
not sure how many tunes he's done, but everyones got to start somewhere. I'd rather let a "mustang" place tune the car instead of going to some of the shops listed on here. Did you read EugenioSS thread about his motor and tune, nuf said
I would suggest that you unless you have any personal experience with the shop. EugenioSS posts is also one sided and there are always two sides to a story

I have had 2 H/C cars and the difference in tunes are night/day. Peter really knows what he's doing. I've seen several times (even my car) where it started to go lean on the dyno (Fuel pump couldn't keep up above 6k no matter how much fuel was added) and he got off the gas immediately and the A/F on my car was only in the high 13's. If EugenioSS's car really hit 18:1 and he says Pete was still on the gas then IMHO he's incorrect

I'll be at the track tomorrow boys... see you then
Old 08-12-2005 | 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by augiedog77
not sure how many tunes he's done, but everyones got to start somewhere. I'd rather let a "mustang" place tune the car instead of going to some of the shops listed on here.
Your a brave soul then if you want to be someones guinea pig with your car. Protech has lot's of horror stories also.

In regards to Eugenio's car there is more to it then what he stated. There is always the other side of the story and then the truth lies some where in between.

Last edited by Pomp; 08-12-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-12-2005 | 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your a brave soul then if you want to be someones guinea pig with your car. Protech has lot's of horror stories also.

In regards to Eugenio's car there is more to it then what he stated. There is always the other side of the story and then the truth lies some where in between.
please enlighten me on what the full truth is, then.
I'm still waiting for the other side of the story... and actually noone has even dared say anything is false on what I said on my car.
I got f***ed, paid for a whole 385 setup to only get crank and rods, and have to build an engine elsewhere to then be told to :"FY" while I stood by them and waited for 18months for them to do things... and always be lied to and used some parts I had shipped on other cars and never got to see them anymore.
imho, bring your $ where they won't f*** w/ you.

I suggest you read the following before just blindly going there:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/351359-something-wrong-my-engine.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/360330-do-you-think-autoworks-will-do-anything-compensate.html

That's my advice from personal experience and after loosing over 10k$ and told FY just because I decided to have the engine double-checked and decided to post the results.

I won't hide the fact that I did get some good services on several occasions, but not the engine one. After all, I always thought they would do things right and that their word meant something.
Old 08-12-2005 | 01:52 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jim Mills
I would suggest that you unless you have any personal experience with the shop. EugenioSS posts is also one sided and there are always two sides to a story

I have had 2 H/C cars and the difference in tunes are night/day. Peter really knows what he's doing. I've seen several times (even my car) where it started to go lean on the dyno (Fuel pump couldn't keep up above 6k no matter how much fuel was added) and he got off the gas immediately and the A/F on my car was only in the high 13's. If EugenioSS's car really hit 18:1 and he says Pete was still on the gas then IMHO he's incorrect

I'll be at the track tomorrow boys... see you then

Jim why don't you relax a bit-I don't understand why you like to pimp ARE so much-did your 400 RWHP car get any good times yet? The guy just offered another tuner-isn't that what the thread was all about? BTW we all know about you and ARE and the TFBM-were not retarded like you would like to think. We all know ARE, FTR can tune but there are others. I hope you run some really big #'s tomorrow-should be lots fun in the rain and a track that runs by preschoolers.
Old 08-12-2005 | 01:58 PM
Launching!

Hey Arun..... I'm not pimping ARE... find how many posts I've made and you'll find that it's not very many. I'm just telling people that Pete is a good tuner and that there are 2 sides to every story? Nope I haven't gotten any good times from the car yet just a handful of 12.80's at 114 short shifting 1st at 4k but I'm sure it will go bottom 12's which is all I want for my street car.

What do you know about myslef ARE and the TFBM? Why don't you FO jackass!

Last edited by Jim Mills; 08-12-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:08 PM
8 Second Club

Mmmm, I guess maybe I'll have to go to London tomorrow and see you Jim. Then we'll see who's the jackass. We'll see how mouthy you are when your not infront of your computer.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Arun..... I'm not pimping ARE... find how many posts I've made and you'll find that it's not very many. I'm just telling people that Pete is a good tuner and that there are 2 sides to every story? Nope I haven't gotten any good times from the car yet just a handful of 12.80's at 114 short shifting 1st at 4k but I'm sure it will go bottom 12's which is all I want for my street car.

I've never put Pete skills in doubt... I know he has tuned lots of cars.
Also, it was late that night... that could have been a factor. He even went back under the car to see if the O2s were still in the exhaust, since he thought they had fallen out from the cutouts.
**** does happen, and I got lots of it... as well as the lies/BS that goes with it, even if I can handle the truth and all i ever asked was for that.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bottom line there are some good people there, but the management is full of ****, full of lies/BS.
I was given wrong parts, and toll they were right... got my confirmation when opened it up. My engine was hurt and smoking like a tchou-tchou train and told by them that it's running perfectly... had it checked and lots of blow-by... then I get confirmation from ARE people that the engine was dammaged and that the #s matched the ones from the other shop... wtf.
in the end, they don't even want to give me the parts I paid for, forget about trying to fix the issue, and just tell me to ****-Off.
In the links above, you'll see what the response from Nick is.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jim... see you at the track tomorrow... you can ask lots of questions.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

... and I'm no f***n liar, like it's insinuated on the posts above.
some complain because it's second hand information, yet permit giving their 2cents on what they have no clue about.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:18 PM
8 Second Club

Tommorow should be an interesting day at the track... we'll see whose cars are for real!
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:24 PM
8 Second Club

Mmmm 12.8's@114-impressive for a 411rwhp H/C package-wasn't your buddy running 12.60's@111 with a STOCK Formula and 4.10's like 4years ago? Jim, just bring it and leave your panties at home.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just noticed by your signs that Jim and Arun are close in hp figures. Hey Arun do you ever see Tony (last name escapes me) around? He use to have an Eagle Talon.

If you do, tell him John with the Mustang from University says hi.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:38 PM
8 Second Club

Yah bro-will do. Tony doesn't have the Talon any more-he's really busy with his business ( the Essential Image ). I'm hoping he'll buy my 02 so I can get the new Z06.
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:41 PM
8 Second Club

Vortech, you coming to London tommorow? It should be interesting... we'll see which shop is putting out the fastest cars
Old 08-12-2005 | 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool thanks. I may be at the track tomorrow to take in all the events.

Quick Reply: any canadian tuners??