Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

any canadian tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005 | 05:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wildmouse
As I said above, Pete K. at Auto Worx will give you a good tune and honest evaluation. No tricks.

wildmouse

That's exactly it! Pete K won't hook up a heater in the dyno room in order to artificially inflate the numbers like some tuners in Toronto do! And that's a fact! I don't know how anyone can do business with someone who would pull a stunt like that! Very dishonest! Pete K would never stoop that low.
Old 08-19-2005 | 10:50 AM
8 Second Club

Patman, your post gave me a good chuckle... Whose name was on the door of ARE when that dyno incident happened?

I am sure Pete K did a great job tuning your mid to low 13 second stock A4 C5... I bet it idles just like stock... maybe that's because it is stock? What ever performance gains you got (if any) are most likely as a result of the $500 weight reduction from your wallet!

Anyone that knows Wade knows that his bragging rights don't come from the piece of paper that comes of out of the dyno printer... they are based on the piece of paper that you get at the end of the 1/4 mile!

If you would have been at St Thomas last weekend you would have seen that Wade was the man responsible for tuning the 3 fastest cars in the club... none of which are dyno queens

If you want to see dishonest, look at what happened to Eugenio... guess who is building his motor and tuning his car now?
Old 08-19-2005 | 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patman
That's exactly it! Pete K won't hook up a heater in the dyno room in order to artificially inflate the numbers like some tuners in Toronto do! And that's a fact! I don't know how anyone can do business with someone who would pull a stunt like that! Very dishonest! Pete K would never stoop that low.
And I don't know who in their right mind would deal w/ a criminal-minded business that straight out f***s their customers like ARE/Autoworx did with me, not having parts I paid for, have a pretty much blown engine and be told it's perfect, just go race it, and once checked elsewhere, get the from them.
wasted over 10k$ there to just get a crank and rods.
That's much worse than falsifying #s on the dyno, if that is true... but if i remember right, that is 2nd hand information anyways... not that it happened to you...
In my case, well it's 1st hand allright.

ARE
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:23 PM
Launching!

You guys really make me laugh... LOL

Old 08-19-2005 | 12:28 PM
8 Second Club

No Jim you make us laugh-with all your ARE is so Awesome posts-they built me a head and cam package in 1 day, it idles so well hot or cold-go Jim
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:34 PM
Launching!

Find all my pro ARE posts Arun... you're just an idiot.

I guess your just a puppet and someone is pulling your strings for you
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:37 PM
8 Second Club

It's funny how all the ARE groupies have slow 12 and 13 second cars even though they really shine on the dyno The numbers at the track speak for themselves... assuming thier cars can even make it to the track!

Jim, I would love to see how you would react if you where in Eugenio's shoes...
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:40 PM
Launching!

If I felt like pissing all the money I make and put it into my car I'd have a high 11 second car with a new clutch and rear end however not all of us are blessed with huge wads of cash to spend on our cars. I'll put those items in eventually but your head got really huge when you bought someone elses 11 second ride.
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:47 PM
8 Second Club

It's not so easy to break into the 11's... we saw that at the track on Saturday... Funny thing is that my Firebird probably cost less than most people's stock F-Bodies

I have a 20K car that I converted to a manual valve body automatic with 2K worth of suspension and front end upgrades... along with some free weight reduction...

It takes more than money to go fast... it helps to have someone working on your car that knows what the hell they are doing!

Have a look at ARE's webpage... who's responsible for building and driving the fastest cars they have up there ?... http://www.agostino-racing.com/track.asp?sm=sm3_hp3

Wade in the C5, Z28 and Eddie in the GTO !
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:47 PM
8 Second Club

Here you go Jim you retard:

Do you have an experience with ARE? if not STFU ahole. I guess you must have trouble reading as I posted "I'm NO BIG FISH IN TERMS OF $$$ but they have always treated me right" 1 weeks pay hahahI probably make more money in 1 week that you make in a month. I was just relating my experiences with ARE.

I have friends in similar situiations with ARE but I didn't post about them as I don't have all of that facts so I don't comment on there situiation. What you need is a swift kick in the head as that might wake you up.

quote from Jim Mills pimpin' ARE

You must be there favorite bitch

See on the 11th where I will personally walk up to you and tell you to go

I wonder how you would feel if they screwed you over-so why don't you just

It's pretty obvious how the board feels about ARE-no ARE allowed

See yah on the 11th bitch

s
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vortech
No Jim you make us laugh-with all your ARE is so Awesome posts-they built me a head and cam package in 1 day, it idles so well hot or cold-go Jim
Not sure of your experience, but I do have an ARE 412ci LS2 that does almost idle like stock. Pretty big cam too, it has no problems idling either hot or cold.

Jim, Andre, and Eugenio have an opinion, I respect that, we do not all agree, but as people that have done business with said business that is our right. If you are just stating things you have read, then IMO you are a waste of time and air.

The above people mentioned and myself, likely have logged hours discussing our opinions on many car related things and I think we all respect each other.

Yeah, yeah you are a big man and your going to threaten me too. You have a great hobby enjoy it. If you must speak up, speak up about the suppliers you have done business with and then you have a right and valuble knowledge to contribute to us all.

Just my two cents worth.

Rampant
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:59 PM
Launching!

Arun your such a loser. I have had my issues but out of respect for someone I won't discuss them here as he and I have made our peace.

You're just a typical Corvette owner who's head is shoved so far up your *** you don't know what day it is.
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vmax1500
It's funny how all the ARE groupies have slow 12 and 13 second cars even though they really shine on the dyno The numbers at the track speak for themselves... assuming thier cars can even make it to the track!

Jim, I would love to see how you would react if you where in Eugenio's shoes...
Andre, your own motor is an ARE motor and it will finally get in the tens, of that I'm sure after it was very close last year. Your wifes H/C is are all ARE, and yes the rebuilt stock bottom end is not, it is FTR we all know. You know I was sorry about your situation that led to you leaving your self for the east end. You are happy there that is great. You had also said that you had put it behind you, apparently not.

You would not like it if people that had never dealt with FTR or the principles made back handed comments, so do not defend the people that do the same to ARE. Like I said at least you had dealing with them to have a first hand opinion. We will never agree on anything at this rate, but hey we are all different.

I'm home if you want to talk, if not whatever.

Rampant
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:04 PM
8 Second Club

Bro-i'm not insulting anyone-Jim started this by calling me and some other people stupid and idiot and telling us to go **** ourselfs. He's just down right rude-check any of my posts and see if I have ever talked to anyone that way. Facts are facts and you cannot change what happen in the past-it really sucks what happened at ARE and i feel bad for anyone from any shop that gets screwed. The CDN share of the performance market is so small it's pathetic-it makes it tough for tuners and customers. We get stuck with very inflated prices because of the supply and demand and the damn fees bringing parts over the border. Man were a dying breed compared to those Imports. We have to look out for each other and help each other-not put each other down.

I'm not threating Jim-I've met him several times at the track and he's been a pretty good guy to talk to. I just get pissed off when he tells me to go **** myself-wouldn't anyone? I'll talk to Jim on the 11th.
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:11 PM
8 Second Club

My car will do the talking on Sep 11th
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:11 PM
8 Second Club

Jim I keep trying to ignore your posts but now your really being an idiot. What does owning a Corvette have to do with anyhting-how many Corvette owners do you know take there car to the track the same week they get it? And who's the one telling people they make more in a week what most do in a month-you! I'm far from a typical Corvette owner-i only wash my car once a month at best-the rest of thime I'm beating the **** out of it! I cannot tell you how amny times I have tried to talk to ARE about these LS1's-the only people I got any answers where from Wade and Chris-hell I remember Wade even gave me a a litre of oil at the track when i needed it and didn't even want a dime for it. I've know Wade from years back Jim and I've been in the game alot longer than you know. I remember Wade back in the J&P days when I had an 8 second pro-5.0 car. Again Jim see on the 11th-maybe we can work something out-you line up against me-loser shuts the **** up!
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vortech
Jim I keep trying to ignore your posts but now your really being an idiot. What does owning a Corvette have to do with anyhting-how many Corvette owners do you know take there car to the track the same week they get it? And who's the one telling people they make more in a week what most do in a month-you! I'm far from a typical Corvette owner-i only wash my car once a month at best-the rest of thime I'm beating the **** out of it! I cannot tell you how amny times I have tried to talk to ARE about these LS1's-the only people I got any answers where from Wade and Chris-hell I remember Wade even gave me a a litre of oil at the track when i needed it and didn't even want a dime for it. I've know Wade from years back Jim and I've been in the game alot longer than you know. I remember Wade back in the J&P days when I had an 8 second pro-5.0 car. Again Jim see on the 11th-maybe we can work something out-you line up against me-loser shuts the **** up!
Fair enough... I guess I've been a little over the top. I'll see you at the track and we'll race
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

My car will do the talking on Sep 11th
Andre, you know I like your car and I have even before it was yours. I just wish it was the only thing doing all the talking.

V8 cars making runs and carving up an autocross course is the kind of thing I think we all like to listen too. All this my dad is bigger than your dad crap is for kindergarten kids at recess.

Both of these new shops are putting out good cars right now, leave it at that.

Sept. 11 is coming up, but so is this Sunday, which is autocross #3. You coming Andre? I'll take you out and show how to get started. Trust me you will like it when you get comfortable with it and I garantee that in 1 day you will be enjoying it. Nats car is perfect for it.

Rampant
Old 08-19-2005 | 01:56 PM
8 Second Club

Dale, I don't want to steal your thunder on Sunday... if I don't go to TMP, I'll drop in with the Firebird I want to see you come back with the fastest F-Body in the club just like I did last Saturday @ St Thomas...

I honestly don't enjoy driving around cones in a parking lot... not that there is anything wrong with it... it's just not my cup of tea...

It's one of the few motorsports that I actually enjoy more to watch than to participate in... I told Wade I was thinking about trying the Firebird in the parking lot with my new 16" street tires, but he thought it might not be prudent... but said it in a less diplomatic way

Any luck selling your tires? Maybe someone around here could use your almost new 275/60/15 ET Street Radials?
Old 08-19-2005 | 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Dale, I don't want to steal your thunder on Sunday... if I don't go to TMP, I'll drop in with the Firebird I want to see you come back with the fastest F-Body in the club just like I did last Saturday @ St Thomas...

I honestly don't enjoy driving around cones in a parking lot... not that there is anything wrong with it... it's just not my cup of tea...

It's one of the few motorsports that I actually enjoy more to watch than to participate in... I told Wade I was thinking about trying the Firebird in the parking lot with my new 16" street tires, but he thought it might not be prudent... but said it in a less diplomatic way

Any luck selling your tires? Maybe someone around here could use your almost new 275/60/15 ET Street Radials?
I tried to post them up and got refused like 10 times They can tell I have a GM I guess. I was going to order a set of 26 x 11.5's today. The 28's are to big for a 3.73 gear.

No your Firebird would not be good for the autocross, in fact if you could get it around at all would be a miracle, nothing against you, I mean anyone. That is like using cross country skis to do a world cup downhill. Like I said Nats car would be very good though.

Rampant

Quick Reply: any canadian tuners??