Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

any canadian tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pissin MAD
EUG: I would be little more calm if I were you Sir.

Let me get a grip on this, you (my friend) are calling me a F***n Liar in front of the whole Canadian Forum.

(My apologies to all others for how my immature brain works, I will speak for myself & not for Nick or the rest of my families work)

So in other words I see that you are trying to ruin my reputation as a straight up "buisness" Man, who tries his best for any one who asks for his help & has made his bones & provide for his loved ones his whole life in this manner.

Yes or No Eugenio?.........

ANDRE: You have always been Classy & Straight with me & I will always value your opinion when we speak. I will keep our tiffs & misunderstandings between us, I will call you later today.
I AM calling you a liar and a robber... and until you show me the parts that I had ship to you guys and that you owe me, parts I paid for, I won't change my opinion.
I'm fed up of BS empty words... if you mean what you say, show me results, ie, my parts.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Those 11.5's will fit but will BULGE like hell on a 7.5 inch rim... did you get tubes as well?
I've got 27" X 15" X 11.5" Hoosier QTPs mounted on 15" Centerline Convo Pros (7.5" wide, I think). I wouldn't say there is much of a bulge (on the tire, that is). Have a look at one of these wheels/tires at FTR tonight.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:34 AM
Launching!

The air can and will make a huge difference... the DA the last drag day was 2900ft...
According to my calculations, the DA was 2927' at 4 PM. The DA would have been different at other times of the day.

I hope someone else brings a thermometer tomorrow. We can set them side by side and see how accurate they are with respect to each other.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:44 AM
8 Second Club

The best thing to do at the track is just find someone with a high end weather station and we will be able to find out the exact DA
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:53 AM
Launching!

The best thing to do at the track is just find someone with a high end weather station and we will be able to find out the exact DA :)
I think MattG has one. I wonder if it stores historical data, by which you can obtain the DA by time of day.
Old 08-26-2005 | 03:03 AM
Teching In

Patman, your post gave me a good chuckle... Whose name was on the door of ARE when that dyno incident happened?
That dyno incident? As in ONE incident? Dude, there is not enough bandwidth on this website to post all of the "incidents" that happened.

Who's name was on the door? Are you kidding me? So let me get this straight:

When the A.R.E. cars of the past went quick it's because of Wades input yet when he tuned MANY cars on the dyno in 170*F weather you point out that it was Nicks name on the door?

Wow, no wonder Wade wants you to shut up. Don't blame him one bit.

What ever performance gains you got (if any) are most likely as a result of the $500 weight reduction from your wallet!
Yes you should know about not getting any performance gains from weight reduction, eh Andre?

Anyone that knows Wade knows that his bragging rights don't come from the piece of paper that comes of out of the dyno printer...
Yes, definately no reason to brag about that, for once we agree there.

they are based on the piece of paper that you get at the end of the 1/4 mile!
Sure, that's all that counts. Who cares if your knock sensors are turned off or if your running 14:1 A/F ratio with a stock fuel pump and NOS..........

If you would have been at St Thomas last weekend you would have seen that Wade was the man responsible for tuning the 3 fastest cars in the club... none of which are dyno queens
If you had been there last year you have seen Pete tune Andre's car with more weight and a 6-speed go even FASTER!
Old 08-26-2005 | 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

but never 18+:1, though
Old 08-26-2005 | 07:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS

As usual you're telling half the story. It didn't leave the shop at 18:1, you changed the intake T.B. etc and it threw your A.F. off.

18:1 by the way is the max reading. If it read that it's because the dyno lost it's signal for a moment.

I gotta go to work now. Unlike some people, I don't get paid to post on here and I don't post on company time either.
Old 08-26-2005 | 07:16 AM
Launching!

I've seen Pete dyno tune 20+ cars this year as I've been in the shop quite a bit with my car and driving other friends to drop-off/pick-up their rides. Every time I've seen the A/F ratio go into the mid/high 13's Pete gets right off the gas... every single time!!! He had to do it several times to my car as it was going lean no matter how much fuel was added above 6,000rpm (pump was dead)

IF... Yes IF your car went 18:1 there is no way he had his foot into it still and I'm going to call a huge Sorry it's just not believable

I won't comment on your other issues as those I can't speak too however; I just find it hard to believe based on my experiences at the shop
Old 08-26-2005 | 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSteveL
I think MattG has one. I wonder if it stores historical data, by which you can obtain the DA by time of day.
I will be at the track tonight (and all weekend) with my new weather station. It does log the DA every 3 minutes and then allows you to scroll back to the appropriate time and enter all your run data into it to be stored. You can then download the data to your PC when you get home.

If you want to know what the DA is tonight, stop by where I am pitted and say Hi.
Old 08-27-2005 | 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

hi Matt (my hero)
Old 08-28-2005 | 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Hey Frank. You must be a hurting unit if I am your hero!
Old 08-28-2005 | 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MattG
Hey Frank. You must be a hurting unit if I am your hero!
If people knew the way you handle yourself after all the sh*t you go through all day, they would think that your some kind of SuperHero. It is an HONOUR to stand & fight by your side with all the obstacles & B.S. we face during the day.

Old 08-29-2005 | 02:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pissin MAD
If people knew the way you handle yourself after all the sh*t you go through all day, they would think that your some kind of SuperHero. It is an HONOUR to stand & fight by your side with all the obstacles & B.S. we face during the day.

Gotta agree with that.

Matt rules!
Old 08-29-2005 | 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Mills
I've seen Pete dyno tune 20+ cars this year as I've been in the shop quite a bit with my car and driving other friends to drop-off/pick-up their rides. Every time I've seen the A/F ratio go into the mid/high 13's Pete gets right off the gas... every single time!!! He had to do it several times to my car as it was going lean no matter how much fuel was added above 6,000rpm (pump was dead)

IF... Yes IF your car went 18:1 there is no way he had his foot into it still and I'm going to call a huge Sorry it's just not believable

I won't comment on your other issues as those I can't speak too however; I just find it hard to believe based on my experiences at the shop
I wanna see him deny it in front of me.
Why would I lie about this.
After the 1st pass, I was WTF... he didn't let go until 5k rpm for sure.
His reaction was to see if the sensor had fallen off.
I requested for more fuel.
he added something like 30% more fuel and still got max 18:1 except a little dip around 3-4k rpms where it came down to 15ish (lowest)... but was maxing @ 18:1 passed 4k rpms.
I F***n saw the graphs in front of my face... I was there... and I'm sure Pete recalls it.
It was late, very late... but still... ppl do make mistakes... and it's only since that day that the engine started the tchou-tchou syndrome.
And for some reason, they don't want to take responsibility for their actions... well... I'm not surprised... since they can't even commit to their word... why believe they will commit to their work ?
Old 08-29-2005 | 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93-Z07
As usual you're telling half the story. It didn't leave the shop at 18:1, you changed the intake T.B. etc and it threw your A.F. off.

18:1 by the way is the max reading. If it read that it's because the dyno lost it's signal for a moment.

I gotta go to work now. Unlike some people, I don't get paid to post on here and I don't post on company time either.
I know I changed the intake and TB... but would that make it go over 18 ???? not sure
regardless... the car did go over 18, believe it or not... Pete even went under teh car to see if the sensor had come off... but it hadn't... so you have no clue what you talking about.
even after adding 30% fuel, and had 18:1 most of the way, except 3-4k rpm... how you explain that... defective sensor ?
but if that was the case, he still managed to bring it to normal AF readings before I left... so can't blame the sensor there... but I still think the dammage was done.
Old 08-29-2005 | 07:51 AM
Teching In

I wanna see him deny it in front of me.
Why would I lie about this.
After the 1st pass, I was WTF... he didn't let go until 5k rpm for sure.
His reaction was to see if the sensor had fallen off.
I requested for more fuel.
he added something like 30% more fuel and still got max 18:1 except a little dip around 3-4k rpms where it came down to 15ish (lowest)... but was maxing @ 18:1 passed 4k rpms.
I F***n saw the graphs in front of my face... I was there... and I'm sure Pete recalls it.
There should be a record of this pull on the dyno computer. It would be simple to prove this AF reading if you or ARE could post the graph.
Old 08-29-2005 | 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've asked for the posting of the graph... and hasn't been done...
I know exactly what happened when I was there... and I still have no hard feelings towards Pete on this issue. My issues are with ARE/Autoworx management for not coming up with their endless commitments, and not even giving me my parts.
As for the engine dammage... I have my opinion on where/when the dammage was done, but is there really a way of proving it ??? not sure.
Regardless... after that, the car was given to ARE/Autoworx and then handed back to me, being told it was perfect and with fake-leakdown test #s.
How much BS/lies is one supposed to endure before going elsewhere ?
but I should still get my parts... that are paid for.
So if ppl aren't happy with the bad press, then give me my f***n parts.
Old 08-29-2005 | 08:29 PM
Teching In

I know I changed the intake and TB... but would that make it go over 18 ???? not sure
regardless... the car did go over 18, believe it or not...
So the meter goes to 18 yet you "know" it went higher?

Pete even went under teh car to see if the sensor had come off... but it hadn't... so you have no clue what you talking about.
SO there's nothing in between the sensor and the computer that could go wrong AND the fact that the sensor didn't come off proves it's working right?

Dude, talk about clueless.........

even after adding 30% fuel, and had 18:1 most of the way, except 3-4k rpm... how you explain that... defective sensor ?
So there's no such thing as an intermittent problem? Dam you're lost in electronics....

Give your head a shake...........An 18:1 A.F. ratio would melt your fricken eyes in there not to mention your pistons. I suppose next your going to say that your car was running at 130*C cause "the gauge" said so.

but if that was the case, he still managed to bring it to normal AF readings before I left... so can't blame the sensor there... but I still think the dammage was done.
Yes, most likely the damage WAS done already.....as in on the race track.
Old 08-29-2005 | 08:36 PM
8 Second Club

I guess the wrong parts went into his car at the race track as well... you are fuggin dumba$$! Funny how the damage did not show up when he just had the leakdown test done at your shop... That car was never right from day 1, anyone with half a brain knows that... be a man and admit it!

So who is the genious behind the 93-Z07 screen name?

Quick Reply: any canadian tuners??