Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

any canadian tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005 | 03:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Not at all Steve, he may have been in a lurch, but I will not go the extra 5 miles to help. I would not intentionally leave them hanging, but if I had to stay till 8 pm to do it, yes sir the disrespectful client is waiting till Monday.
As I said, it's poor customer service to expend more effort to satisfy some customers and less for others. Maybe it's just me.

I have more ethics than most, we will leave it at that.
That's a nonsensical statement, for who would admit to being unethical?

The only deceit I see is some of the drivel that comes out of some of the people on here.
Imagine a hypothetical scenario. A firm of which you are a customer has lied to you. Do you continue to give them business?

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Normally it is not a requirement to stay late after work to help someone it is a personal choice of the employee. It is a courtesy extended to the customer.

As such the employee doesnt need to justify anything to the customer.
This sounds like a union mentality.
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSteveL
As I said, it's poor customer service to expend more effort to satisfy some customers and less for others. Maybe it's just me.

Imagine a hypothetical scenario. A firm of which you are a customer has lied to you. Do you continue to give them business?

Yes and you sound like a puppet lawyer, that only the weak minded would listen too.

Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dale, since you seem to have so much inside news... why don't you share the other side of the facts ?
I woud like to know what is their perception... and where my facts are indeed wrong, if any.
Also, what is their reason for not giving me my parts ?
is it because of the bad press ? and that I decided to go elsewhere ?
I can understand not standing behind their product @ that point, but the parts that are mine should still be in my posession.

So for that, they are plain robbers.
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:39 PM
Teching In

Normally it is not a requirement to stay late after work to help someone it is a personal choice of the employee.
Man... I need your job.

Mine sure is.... I have about 3 quiet weeks left until furnace season, then all hell breaks loose.

EDIT: Got the quoting brackets wrong.
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:41 PM
Teching In

If they called during business hours and the employee refused to help that is another matter entirely...
Chris, "business hours" is purely subjective man.

Just as Daniel, Andre, myself and ... (J*m).
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
Dale, since you seem to have so much inside news... why don't you share the other side of the facts ?
I woud like to know what is their perception... and where my facts are indeed wrong, if any.
Also, what is their reason for not giving me my parts ?
is it because of the bad press ? and that I decided to go elsewhere ?
I can understand not standing behind their product @ that point, but the parts that are mine should still be in my posession.

So for that, they are plain robbers.
Eugenio you do not seem to understand, that I think you are are nice guy and would like nothing better than to see it resolved. It is my opinion that the people that you personaly said you trusted the most and had no problems with were the ones who were going to make sure that you were taken care of. They likely take the slander and threats personally. Maybe you should call them and talk it out with them one on one.

The current company is not the one you have a beef with. It is the bankrupt one. From what is posted you have an outsanding bill with that company, I have no idea what the difference between what is owing to you and to them is but maybe you can work out a deal. It will only cost a quarter to pick up the phone. I certainly make no promises as a lot of hurtful things have been said by you and too you. Neither helps anything.

The only things I know about are my dealings and impressions of the Autoworx guys and of what you have presented. That is where I draw my conclusions from. That is not as much knowledge as you, but more than most that are posting in here.

Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:47 PM
Teching In

It is a courtesy extended to the customer.
Chrispy... SURELY you can't be serious.

A "courtesy" for the customer? The customer pays for your house, cars and family stability.

They deserve nothing less than EVERYTHING you have. Any other perception, and you're not ensuring your own success and riding the curtails (sp???) of others.

... believe me, I deal with many a$$holes and disrespectful people daily. One just has to suck it up and give 100% each and every time.
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:50 PM
Launching!

Good luck with the back in time thing Steve I admit I can not do that to prove it. Same that I can not be proven wrong either. All that is certain are the results of the current actions.
You said you believed Eugenio would have gotten satisfaction from ARE if he kept his car there longer. I asked what this belief was based on. You answered by saying, "We can never say for certain where the other may have led now"--an evasion. I didn't ask you for proof, only a straight answer.

Deceit is your opinion and perception, you are entitled to both. If you were in the others shoes it would appear very different I'm sure.
I'm not sure if you deny that Eugenio was lied to or whether you think everything is, in a Postmodern sort of way, a matter of perspective.

As for me being close minded, you are the one being one sided. Therefore in my opinion you are the close minded person in the discussion at hand.
Please show me where in this thread I've been "one-sided."

Bye Bye Steve, I have [...] respect to earn.
You sure do.
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:53 PM
Teching In

Bye Bye Steve, I have [...] respect to earn.
You sure do.
Every once in a while SSteve comes out with a knock out punch.

LOL... that was it.

Old 08-30-2005 | 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DR.ZED
Chrispy... SURELY you can't be serious.

A "courtesy" for the customer? The customer pays for your house, cars and family stability.

They deserve nothing less than EVERYTHING you have. Any other perception, and you're not ensuring your own success and riding the curtails (sp???) of others.

... believe me, I deal with many a$$holes and disrespectful people daily. One just has to suck it up and give 100% each and every time.
Sorry Cam, you will not critisize me.

I watched on a Friday afternoon as all the other Autoworx employees worked on customer cars to get them out, before the first drag day. What did you do to help, you pulled your car up to the back door at about 4 pm and washed it while we waited for the real employees to finish our cars. Thanks for your help.

I know there were several customers that noticed this commitment to us. The least you could have done was wash it at home and not make it obvious that we were not important.

Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Every once in a while SSteve comes out with a knock out punch.

LOL... that was it.

And you just got yours Cam!
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:01 PM
Launching!

Yes and you sound like a puppet lawyer, that only the weak minded would listen too.

Rampant
I think you won't answer the question because you want to have the freedom to shift your position at will.

The question is this:

You know that if you answer "no" then you may be forced to rethink your public position vis-a-vis Eugenio's situation. If you answer "yes" you will look like a chump.

If there is another reason, please correct me.
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

You said you believed Eugenio would have gotten satisfaction from ARE if he kept his car there longer. I asked what this belief was based on. You answered by saying, "We can never say for certain where the other may have led now"--an evasion. I didn't ask you for proof, only a straight answer.

I'm not sure if you deny that Eugenio was lied to or whether you think everything is, in a Postmodern sort of way, a matter of perspective.

Please show me where in this thread I've been "one-sided."

You sure do.
I don't need respect from people like you Steve. It would be fine to have it, but you seem to think you are above everyone else and that only make for a big lonely fall. Sad really.

Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:06 PM
Launching!

Sorry Cam, you will not critisize me.

I watched on a Friday afternoon as all the other Autoworx employees worked on customer cars to get them out, before the first drag day. What did you do to help, you pulled your car up to the back door at about 4 pm and washed it while we waited for the real employees to finish our cars. Thanks for your help.

:eyes:

I know there were several customers that noticed this commitment to us. The least you could have done was wash it at home and not make it obvious that we were not important.

Rampant
Maybe you and the other customers in the above case were in ARE's bad books. Remember, you advocated that a business not go out of its way late on a Friday afternoon to help customers who were "disrespectful." For some companies and employees, the business day ends at 4 PM. Wasn't Cam perhaps behaving exactly as you, who have "more ethics than most," yourself prescribe?
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:08 PM
Launching!

I don't need respect from people like you Steve. It would be fine to have it, but you seem to think you are above everyone else and that only make for a big lonely fall. Sad really.

Rampant
But that's only your opinion, right?
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:09 PM
Teching In

Rampant

Poor Rampant.... feels left out by the guy who always answered the phone to him, always delivered his messages and always told him he was "never a bother to me on the phone".... feel unimportant.

... the TRUTH comes out!

So you knew what my job title was? Tuner? Mechanic? Machinist? Car washer?

... of course you didn't know. So to pass judgement on what I should or should not have been doing is so reflective of your position in this entire thread. To then have discussions with others as you allude to about it, is simply promoting it.

... or coles notes for a busy sales guy who is always typing away on the keyboard: "get back to work".

Just like you to pull one incident out and spin it into something else... its a good sales tactic. Well done.
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:16 PM
Teching In

For some companies and employees, the business day ends at 4 PM. Wasn't Cam perhaps behaving exactly as you, who have "more ethics than most," yourself prescribe?

Heh.... I think I remember what date he is talking about. It was actually 6.30 pm or so (if I have the date correctly), and I moved my car twice to wash two others.

LOL... it was the Friday when I was heading up to a cottage, and was supposted to leave at 5pm, but as Friday afternoon's go it gets really busy with phones etc... and the "ethical" thing was to hang and answer phones until it calmed down.

Of course you don't hear that "side" of the story... oops... we'll never really know everyside... so I guess that is Dale's excuse.

Do you seriously talk and feel this way about your customer's Dale? I remember you telling Pete K and I a story on the way to Wendy's in your Matrix one day at lunch when you were talking **** about a customer you were selling equipment to who was humming and haaing about making the deal. (dammit wish I could remember the details!!!)

Do you seriously put on your little boy Dale hat while tacking away on the computer, or is that the one you wear out in public? (BTW, I did always wonder how you got a square head into a round baseball cap)...

Old 08-30-2005 | 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Heh.... I think I remember what date he is talking about. It was actually
6.30 pm or so (if I have the date correctly), and I moved my car twice to wash two others.

LOL... it was the Friday when I was heading up to a cottage, and was supposted to leave at 5pm, but as Friday afternoon's go it gets really busy with phones etc... and the "ethical" thing was to hang and answer phones until it calmed down.

Of course you don't hear that "side" of the story... oops... we'll never really know everyside... so I guess that is Dale's excuse.

Do you seriously talk and feel this way about your customer's Dale? I remember you telling Pete K and I a story on the way to Wendy's in your Matrix one day at lunch when you were talking **** about a customer you were selling equipment to who was humming and haaing about making the deal. (dammit wish I could remember the details!!!)

Do you seriously put on your little boy Dale hat while tacking away on the computer, or is that the one you wear out in public? (BTW, I did always wonder how you got a square head into a round baseball cap)...

Do you have a single nerve that I happened to step on with both feet? You threw the first stone; I just had a perfect example to show your true working colors.

Wow, the truth really upsets you. Are you shaking your little fist and vowing revenge.

As far as your work at Autoworx goes Cam, it seemed you were always to busy never called back. MattG and Andy always did though and my car was done to my satisfaction, must just be a fluke.

Seems Jim has similar memories of your work too. I also know who was in the shop that night we are talking about and it was one of the other customers that pointed this out. I must admit we all were disappointed. As for Steve saying that Autoworx has no respect for me, I doubt that. In that the professional service I have been treated with speaks for it self. If this is how they treat the customers they dislike look out everyone else.

Cam, when you remeber the story I'm sure Peter K will back you up.

Those who live in glass houses Cam.

Take a look back through the thread and I never mentioned you once, you started it with a dip **** comment. You just could not finish it.
Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Guys NOBODY can question my work ethic. I have worked hard my entire life. I do not quit on anything!!

It's funny hearing this BS from someone that can't haul their *** out of bed before 12 noon!

I am on call 24/7 on top of my regular daytime job and my contract work. Ask ANYBODY about my work ethic and they'll tell you the same thing.

My ONLY point was in defence of Dale's statement that it is HIS CHOICE to help someone after hours.

Last edited by CHRISPY; 08-30-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe you and the other customers in the above case were in ARE's bad books. Remember, you advocated that a business not go out of its way late on a Friday afternoon to help customers who were "disrespectful." For some companies and employees, the business day ends at 4 PM. Wasn't Cam perhaps behaving exactly as you, who have "more ethics than most," yourself prescribe?
Funny, every other empolyee was working like a dog. I guess it was just me and every other customer that just Cam was snubbing.

Again, I have the respect of most of my fellow employees and customers. I can not say all because that would be claiming to be perfect. The only perfect person I have ever met was a perfect Ahole. You seem to think your perfect.

Rampant

Quick Reply: any canadian tuners??