Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Toronto Area Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Guys don't worry about Gale... One day soon he will need a another shop to go to. mark my words . He keeps burning the bridges too. tsk tsk tsk

Dave you are a liabilty to whoever employs you. You acted the same before as you do now. To bad you can not be an asset, but you are an

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

You are a spaced oddity.

Rampant

Old 11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Dave you are a liabilty to whoever employs you. You acted the same before as you do now. To bad you can not be an asset, but you are an

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

You are a spaced oddity.

Rampant

Old 11-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Don, I agree you have the fastest car in the club so let me rephrase the questions to make it more specific:

Which shop built the fastest LSx N/A F-body?
Which shop built the fastest LTx N/A and NOS F-body?

nuff said.

Now lets put all this **** behind us and start talking cars like we used to and not shops like we do now.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pomp
Don, I agree you have the fastest car in the club so let me rephrase the questions to make it more specific:

nuff said.

Now lets put all this **** behind us and start talking cars like we used to and not shops like we do now.
You should have bought the heads I was selling!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Matt, for starters my car went 10.23 And you are right, Don's car is the only one that Wade built from the ground up... That's why it was the fastest car in the club period... When it comes to going fast and winning races no one around here can touch Wade... that's a fact!

It's hard to imagine that Don's car went 10.7 at crappy St Thomas in 3000FT DA with too little gear (3.42) and too much tire (28") and a nitrous converter...

One day you to will have a 10 second timeslip
How is that hard to imagine?
Vince M seems to do pretty well if we are talking race cars. THere is always someone faster.

Nice cheap shot. One day I will have the best slip my car can pump out and I will be driving down the track and back home. Bests of 10.01 @ 130.6 in a 3870lb M6 Strim LT1 will have to do. Bad luck bit me this fall so no good air for me.

My turn... Andre on the other hand has someone build it, strip it, tow it to the track and drive it down the 1/4 mile. Sounds like fun. You could stay home and watch the football game on a Sunday afternoon and find out how your car did on the internet that night. Do you keep the slip or does Wade?

As another internet broohaha gets started by the FTR gang let this guy make his own decisions by proper research. All shops have horror stories.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
Nice cheap shot. One day I will have the best slip my car can pump out and I will be driving down the track and back home. Bests of 10.01 @ 130.6 in a 3870lb M6 Strim LT1 will have to do. Bad luck bit me this fall so no good air for me.
How big is the motor... Make that 11.01
Old 11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Teching In

So what happend to that "tune" guy that started this post? Yeah right, another bullshit I.D. created just to stur up ****.

It's too bad cause all these shop wars are ruining freindships. Pretty soon the F-Body club will have to be split into two groups:

The FTR chapter and ARE chapter..............all because some people just never let up.

Both shops have a past, both shops have a future.......................lighten up already and lets get back to having fun again.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Right 11.01, my mistake.
396 CI, 9-1 CR, stage 1 heads, stock valves, small CC305 cam(220-230), 10# boost, stock pcm, stock intake. That is it. I have never had anything to hide. It is what it is.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 PM
8 Second Club

For the record Matt, I have I driven my car to the track countless times this year with 500KM round trips every single time... my only regret this summer was not coming to Napierville this summer... I drove it to a 10.70 so that slip belongs to me... good luck in your quest for 10's...

You keep calling my car a 'stripper' in the mean time, my little 385CI LS1 put out about 100-150 less HP than your car and still ran 11.0's consistantly... your 500lbs weight disadvantage is more than negated by the HP advantage you had...

Wade will be building me a motor from the ground up this winter, and I promise to come to Napierville next spring to show you what me and my car can do... I'll be running NA on pump gas and can drive to the track with you if you like...

Yes... I took a cheap shot before... but you have been taking cheap shots since Sep 11th!

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
How is that hard to imagine?
Vince M seems to do pretty well if we are talking race cars. THere is always someone faster.

My turn... Andre on the other hand has someone build it, strip it, tow it to the track and drive it down the 1/4 mile. Sounds like fun. You could stay home and watch the football game on a Sunday afternoon and find out how your car did on the internet that night. Do you keep the slip or does Wade?

As another internet broohaha gets started by the FTR gang let this guy make his own decisions by proper research. All shops have horror stories.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nuff said.

A bankrupt shop that no longer exists.
The only remainder of that shop are criminals that keep on screwing their customers (ie. Autoworx)
Old 11-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
A bankrupt shop that no longer exists.
The only remainder of that shop are criminals that keep on screwing their customers (ie. Autoworx)
There are a lot of happy customers out there from this shop including myself. Your comments are getting tiresome. The only thing that matters is if the owner of the car is happy and not who built it.

Have a nice day!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:20 AM
8 Second Club

There are a lot of happy customers out there from this shop including myself. Your comments are getting tiresome. The only thing that matters is if the owner of the car is happy and not who built it.

Have a nice day!!
Pomp, Imagine if you took the beating that Eugenio or Paul did... and they you tell me what the 'only thing that matters is'...

It's good you are happy with a 385CI car that runs like a H&C car...
Old 11-11-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have a nice day!!
Pomp, and perhaps Dale

Interesting comment. If it was made by a self serving selfish individual I could understand your point. However in a previous comment you also mentioned things such as friends, getting along and community. That leads me to believe you don't simply have selfish feelings towards our community. I also feel the need to comment as well. Perhaps I can help you guys see beyond the blinders.

I have to agree that there are indeed some happy customers at ARE, yourself, Rampant, Cman etc. Before going on, lets reflect on what happened in your cases as well. All of you were late, frustrated and angry at some point and seem to have forgotten your own frustrations, alas I digress. Have you ever actually sat down and reflected on the price that many others have paid for your satisfaction? Lets just stay local with people you know, Eugenio (20K lost), 396 LT4 (9K Lost) Warbird (20K lost to date) and the people that had a hard ride such as Andre (lied to strung along), Stroker R/T (10K lost), Edmund (15K Lost), Joe Launi (20K lost), Denttech (5K lost +500 depost lost on intake), Sled28 (siezed motor), Ian Kearns (60K lost, 2 years still no car, also damaged by ARE), Mike Dervin (2 years, stroker, still no car) and thats just off the top of my head. If I gave it more thought the list would get much longer but I just listed around 150K worth of lies, theft and blatant screwing. None of these people ever recovered a dime to date. So when you think so proudly about the shop you are supporting maybe you should give some additional thought to how the shop stayed financed and who suffered for your gains.

Also one last point, lets not forget that big fancy new shop and the huge upfront investment for all the cool equipment and toys that now reside there. Where did all the money that came from deposits from customers go????? What about all the cars not finished because ARE has no money left.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Pomp, Imagine if you took the beating that Eugenio or Paul did... and they you tell me what the 'only thing that matters is'...

Interestingly enough, when I was complaining last year and the year before, several people started telling me to quit my bitching. At least one of them is doing the bitching now. I feel for those that got ripped off, but not for those that like to have it both ways.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe you guys should organize an FTR versus ARE Ultimate Fighting tournament?

Beat each other on the track and then beat the **** out of each other in the Octagon!

Last edited by CHRISPY; 11-11-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Andre, you know I had shifting issues as well as a shot posi. This forum would be better off if you would stop with all the cheap shots. There would be a better sence of community and there would be less angry people on here.

I'm not going to get into this again but I do feel for the people that have not gotten what they expected so don't get me wrong and Paul you know my thoughts on this.

As for my stuff being late, yes I was frustrated but now that it is done with a few minor glitches (shifting & Posi) I know the car has more in it.

As for the day to day stuff at ARE, I don't have access to that so Paul if you want to sit down some place and have a few I will listen with an open mind as I always do.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHRISPY

Beat each other on the track and then beat the **** out of each other in the Octagon!
Chris thats just plain old ridiculous, they wouldn't stand a chance
Old 11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Good one Mr. Chrispy!!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

How about an ARE vs. FTR ultimate drag race? Run what ya brung... lsx or lt motors
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Launching!

How about an ARE vs. FTR ultimate drag race? Run what ya brung... lsx or lt motors
How about a road race course instead. :p

Quick Reply: Toronto Area Shops?