Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Toronto Area Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005 | 12:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93-Z07
So what happend to that "tune" guy that started this post? Yeah right, another bullshit I.D. created just to stur up ****.

It's too bad cause all these shop wars are ruining freindships. Pretty soon the F-Body club will have to be split into two groups:

The FTR chapter and ARE chapter..............all because some people just never let up.

Both shops have a past, both shops have a future.......................lighten up already and lets get back to having fun again.
Not a bullshit I.D. When I started this thread, I had no idea it would start so much trouble, or the extent of the performance shop drama in Ontario.

O.K., now carry on. ROUND 2!!
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by C5Wade
Chris thats just plain old ridiculous, they wouldn't stand a chance
I think it would be great, you could setup the ladder for the UFC matches based on the drag race results!!

I bet Fern could lay a beating on someone.

There are a few big ARE boys too. It'd be great. We could have side betting as well. Set up the Octagon in the pits at the track between rounds.

Old 11-11-2005 | 01:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Emdek Cufedaw
How's "Breed" doing these days?
Thank you for that post. I just figured out who you are.
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
I think it would be great, you could setup the ladder for the UFC matches based on the drag race results!!

I bet Fern could lay a beating on someone.

There are a few big ARE boys too. It'd be great. We could have side betting as well. Set up the Octagon in the pits at the track between rounds.

Chris you are out of control, don't carry on with this nonsense because a little joking sometimes gets serious with some people!!
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vmax1500
How about an ARE vs. FTR ultimate drag race? Run what ya brung... lsx or lt motors
Andre, put a cork in it, this kind of bullshit doesn't need to go on
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:31 PM
Launching!

Andre, put a cork in it, this kind of bullshit doesn't need to go on
I agree. We're all friends here and we should all just be happy that we have nice cars.
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:32 PM
Teching In

Chris thats just plain old ridiculous, they wouldn't stand a chance

How about FTR vs Brian alone would be good..........
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Chris you are out of control, don't carry on with this nonsense because a little joking sometimes gets serious with some people!!
Everyone knows I am kidding

Besides, where would I find an Octagon anyways

I'm just trying to lighten things up a bit but I'll stop now.

Maybe we could have an "ultimate pillow fight" instead?
Old 11-11-2005 | 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good idea Chris. Bring the hotest girls each team can find and have them battle it out in a lingerie pillow fight (ALA WWE). That way everyone wins.
Old 11-11-2005 | 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Pomp, Imagine if you took the beating that Eugenio or Paul did... and they you tell me what the 'only thing that matters is'...

It's good you are happy with a 385CI car that runs like a H&C car...
Another below the belt. IS your next comment that Eugenio is only a little quicker with 4xx cubes ofFTR LS2 and R compound tires with a built rear end?? How do you think he would feel if you made those comments. Probably pretty shitty. Eugenio, I am not picking on you. Your car is cool. Just making a point. You don't have it set up for the strip and neither do lots of others. Adding horsepower does not mean you have a strip terror. My car on street tires runs high 12's. Mike kills me from a stop on the street. Add dancing shoes and watch out.

I would hope not as some cars are set up for the track better then others. Pomp did pick up 7 tenths when he got some bugs worked out, to his credit. Do we raz your Camaro for being slow this year? What was it high 11's?? You cut down Jim for runing the same times...Mike in a H&C LT1 would give you a run. Or you buying Crispy's proven 11.0 car and you run 11.7's in it then throw all knids of money(all tubular front end, drag shocks/springs, drag bar, even more weight out, race auto tranny) only to go 11.0 in it?? No. But we can start. I would hope that and a 200 shot would provide more then 7-8 tenths.

Lots of guys get screwed by lots of shops. Like I said, it is a DIRTY business. Buyer beware.
Old 11-11-2005 | 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Maybe you guys should organize an FTR versus ARE Ultimate Fighting tournament?

Beat each other on the track and then beat the **** out of each other in the Octagon!
LOL
Where would the lone wolf SCG crew (only one guy??) fit in??
Old 11-11-2005 | 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen the speedway vette in action on the track and street, works awesome

John at Protech (I think he's calling his new shop horsepower now though) is a great guy to talk to and built a friends iron 408. Awesome power and no problems all summer

Tune: if you search the ARE and FTR guys go at it about every 2 monthes. Sit back and enjoy, it's usually quite funny to read
Old 11-11-2005 | 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLED28
Guys don't worry about Gale... One day soon he will need a another shop to go to. mark my words . He keeps burning the bridges too. tsk tsk tsk
Gee Dave you should try something original. Before when you hated Andre it was Andrea. Now this.

As for burning bridges, why would I go any where when I'm happy where I am.

Like I said a liability.

Rampant
Old 11-11-2005 | 06:40 PM
Teching In

I guess you guys know what the name Emdek Cufedaw is when spelt backwards. Nothing better to do.

Is it is impossible to get a good feeling when looking for a shop to work on a car.

All the talk against ARE last year seemed to be directed to those people that were at the shop then left. Now they are great. No way anyone can figure out any of this if they looked over the last 2 years history.

Take your best guess and buyer beware.

It is not a good business practice to give any shop a deposit for work. A decent shop run well should be able to handle the cashflow as long as it is not a long term project.

When my engine need a stock rebuild before running at Mosport I thought about my options and went with ARE as they promised to get me in and out within the week. They made good on the promise so I am happy.

Last edited by Doug Phillips; 11-11-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2005 | 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bugblndr
How about a road race course instead. :p
any day.
Old 11-11-2005 | 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
Another below the belt. IS your next comment that Eugenio is only a little quicker with 4xx cubes ofFTR LS2 and R compound tires with a built rear end?? How do you think he would feel if you made those comments. Probably pretty shitty. Eugenio, I am not picking on you. Your car is cool. Just making a point. You don't have it set up for the strip and neither do lots of others. Adding horsepower does not mean you have a strip terror. My car on street tires runs high 12's. Mike kills me from a stop on the street. Add dancing shoes and watch out.

I would hope not as some cars are set up for the track better then others. Pomp did pick up 7 tenths when he got some bugs worked out, to his credit. Do we raz your Camaro for being slow this year? What was it high 11's?? You cut down Jim for runing the same times...Mike in a H&C LT1 would give you a run. Or you buying Crispy's proven 11.0 car and you run 11.7's in it then throw all knids of money(all tubular front end, drag shocks/springs, drag bar, even more weight out, race auto tranny) only to go 11.0 in it?? No. But we can start. I would hope that and a 200 shot would provide more then 7-8 tenths.

Lots of guys get screwed by lots of shops. Like I said, it is a DIRTY business. Buyer beware.
I know you are not picking on me.
I'm not fast, I know... but I don't care much about the drag.
In the drag, I was more interested on the MPH and trying to not get spinning of the line... which was almost impossible.. heck, my best 60' was in the 2.3xx seconds... so I don't mind being low 12s in those conditions... I know the car can be faster with a better driver (like Mike) and better tires.
My thing is in the corners and my weight... well... we know it's a disadvantage... but then again, i'm in it for fun.
And being in it for fun, it's not at all fun being blatantly lied to for 2 years when all I asked wasa the truth, and was always understanding and patient... yet lies after lies, and then being stolen and royally fucked... that hurts... both the wallet and the heart.
Old 11-11-2005 | 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
Pomp did pick up 7 tenths when he got some bugs worked out, to his credit.
Actually I went from 13.95 to 12.1 this year so I dropped 1.85 seconds with lots more room for improvement.

Old 11-12-2005 | 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

was there a little meeting at autoworx a few days ago about emdek??, and now he's gone mysteriously silent since. Dude(s) give it up, you are just making asses out of your self (like I did when I was defending the place).

Last edited by SLED28; 11-12-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2005 | 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 93-Z07
How about FTR vs Brian alone would be good..........
What do you mean!
Old 11-12-2005 | 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah Eugenios car doesnt pull like a H/C, pulls like a 4xx monster even with that weight, you know its making the power!

Quick Reply: Toronto Area Shops?