Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Toronto Area Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eugenio,

dispite what others say I do feel for you as I have been there with other things in my life. I have not meet you but I have seen your car and being a former vert owner I still love the vert cars even with those steam roller tires on it. It does not matter to me or to you that it is not as fast as some other cars but it does matter to us that we are happy and enjoy our cars for what ever we have built them for. You like autocross and roadracing and I like everyday usable power, a car that passes emmisions, is still comfortable and the A/C still works great for those hot days. I just use my car as a daily driver and not a track ***** that gets pounded everyday.
What I'm saying is that people build their cars for what they want to use them for and just because they are not as fast as some people think they should be they should not be rediculed because of it.

Let that person enjoy their car for what they want it to be and stop the bullshit of my car is faster then your car because some of use like you and me don't really give a ****.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pomp

Let that person enjoy their car for what they want it to be and stop the bullshit of my car is faster then your car because some of use like you and me don't really give a ****.
I would prolly be saying this if A.R.E built me a car too.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Dude(s) give it up, you are just making asses out of your self (like I did when I was defending the place).
Like you still are you mean.

Rampant
Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Eugenio,

dispite what others say I do feel for you as I have been there with other things in my life. I have not meet you but I have seen your car and being a former vert owner I still love the vert cars even with those steam roller tires on it. It does not matter to me or to you that it is not as fast as some other cars but it does matter to us that we are happy and enjoy our cars for what ever we have built them for. You like autocross and roadracing and I like everyday usable power, a car that passes emmisions, is still comfortable and the A/C still works great for those hot days. I just use my car as a daily driver and not a track ***** that gets pounded everyday.
What I'm saying is that people build their cars for what they want to use them for and just because they are not as fast as some people think they should be they should not be rediculed because of it.

Some guys are sucking the enjoyment out of the hobby. (on both sides of the equation.) They know who they are and if they ask I'll tell them.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hooper
Some guys are sucking the enjoyment out of the hobby. (on both sides of the equation.) They know who they are and if they ask I'll tell them.
it's easy to suck the enjoyment out of the hobby when one gets screwed over royally in the 5-digits by criminal shops.
Trust me, that does kill the enjoyment... and if that wasn't all, 2 years of downtime to top it off, angry and lost sponsors due to commitments I had... and that because some ******** couldn't do what they kept on promising and worse, ended up just screwing customers and telling the to **** off.
THAT does kill the enjoyment for the hobby.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Staging Lane

Your bang on with that comment Hooper!!!

They just don't stop do they!!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

I dont understand Pomp and Cman its like they have stocks in A.R.E or something.Dont you feel sorry for all the people that got royally srewed by them for tens of thousands of dollars.
I dont get it
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dave J
I dont understand Pomp and Cman its like they have stocks in A.R.E or something.Dont you feel sorry for all the people that got royally srewed by them for tens of thousands of dollars.
I dont get it
I don't think it's so much that, Dave. I'm pretty sure Pomp has stated that he feels for the guys that got screwed. I think his comments are directed more at the fact that last year everybody was getting along and this year there were two distinct camps.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Launching!

I prefer using FTR because they are a good shop and they do excellent work on LSx and LT1 engines. Others guys like who they like. But it doesn't have to tear up the f-body community. I have always maintained that there is more than enough work for everybody. We can still have friendly rivalry.

Eugenio, Warbird and others DO have legitimate greivances and should be allowed to air them. But the rest of us should keep our opinions to ourselves and spend our own money where we feel comfortable.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:03 AM
8 Second Club

I prefer using FTR because they are a good shop and they do excellent work on LSx and LT1 engines. Others guys like who they like. But it doesn't have to tear up the f-body community. I have always maintained that there is more than enough work for everybody. We can still have friendly rivalry.

Eugenio, Warbird and others DO have legitimate greivances and should be allowed to air them. But the rest of us should keep our opinions to ourselves and spend our own money where we feel comfortable.
I see you updated your signature... how do you like the new stuff?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Rite on Brother Hooper!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Andre are you going forced induction now??? Are you still thinking about going into the 10.90 class or will that be 9.90 class now?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vmax1500
I see you updated your signature... how do you like the new stuff?
I didn't have too much time to try out my new suspension mods (car's now in storage). But I did notice less wheel hop. And the rear end feels tighter, too. I guess the new panhard would help that. Wade and Fern took care of me in just under two hours. Not bad considering how busy they are. Thanks guys.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:04 AM
8 Second Club

Andre are you going forced induction now??? Are you still thinking about going into the 10.90 class or will that be 9.90 class now?
We are setting the car up to run N/A but I'll keep the TNT Ring kit on for special events Not sure about what class I'll run yet... we'll probably decide in the spring once we see how the car runs... hopefully spring will come soon!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

I don't think it's so much that, Dave. I'm pretty sure Pomp has stated that he feels for the guys that got screwed. I think his comments are directed more at the fact that last year everybody was getting along and this year there were two distinct camps.
I just think Nick should be in jail for stealing all that stuff from Eugenio and all the others.I have a hard time letting things go that have to do with people stealing from others.I think a thief is a coward and he should be punished for his crimes and at least if by my comments I prevent him from stealing from even 1 more person I consider it worth my time
as for Pomp,Cman and Dale and the others that love A.R.E
I still like them It just pisses me off that they still support this thief and keep him in business.
I need my meds now
Old 11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Why has no one taken any action in small claims court? It costs next to nothing but your time.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Rite on Brother Hooper!!!
Thanks, Pomp.

My buddy from work who joined the TfBM in the summer was wondering when he's going to get his T-shirt. :p

Please disregard if it's been sent.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Teching In

They are not mailed out, you get them at our events. So tell your buddy to come to some events and he will get one.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLED28
was there a little meeting at autoworx a few days ago about emdek??, and now he's gone mysteriously silent since. Dude(s) give it up, you are just making asses out of your self (like I did when I was defending the place).
What meeting bitch?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doug Phillips
Why has no one taken any action in small claims court? It costs next to nothing but your time.
because the criminals will escape all they can under the bankrupcy from ARE, although they keep on using the name, webpage, and everything else... just different address.
When you are a coward and a fucked-up business person that wants to screw the customers, he'll do everything he can to get all the $ he can and then leave you dry.
On top of that... they tend to never give any papers, even if asked for.
All I could do was file for criminal transaction w/ any transaction w/ AutoWorx via cc-companies... since that company exists, that's the only thing I could recover from the ********.

At least got some little amount back.

Quick Reply: Toronto Area Shops?