Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

FS: 1998 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 Navy Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007 | 05:40 AM
Teching In

Default SOLD - 1998 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 Navy Blue Metallic ... PRICE DROP

I have my pride and joy up for sale due to a move to Australia in April.

It is a 1998 Pontiac Trans AM WS6, Navy Blue Metallic, with 110000KM on it. It is 6 speed, has 320 HP, and absolutely amazing to drive. It is slightly modded, and has been lowered. I would not be selling it if I were not moving out of the country. I am looking to start at SOLD, and I will negotiate.

More info can be found at http://www.cmcarthur.com/in_pontiac_trans_am.php

Car is located in Ontario, Canada, just north of Toronto.

PM or Reply with interest.

MonsterAuto.ca ad: http://www.monsterauto.ca/usedcar_se...mepage=yes&b=0

Last edited by Cray; 03-31-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2007 | 03:21 AM
TECH Regular
20 Year Member

Take it with you !!! APS has a twin turbo kit coming sometime in JULY!
Old 03-03-2007 | 05:40 AM
Teching In

Yeah right! Would be a lot of fun driving it around there though, and I wouldn't have to worry about winters. Too bad it would cost too much.
Old 03-06-2007 | 09:22 PM
Teching In

No interest? Don't let the price scare you, I will negotiate. Toss me an offer or give me a shout for more info. Message me or phone at 905-476-0393.
Old 03-08-2007 | 06:37 PM
Teching In

Now in AutoTrader. Let me know if you have any interest. Will negotiate heavily.
Old 03-09-2007 | 10:39 AM
Teching In

Default Take it with you

Dude you should find out how much it would cost to ship down under, I've shipped cars to Europe for cheap and that was in the 90s. the only draw back was the tax on anything bigger then 2.0L Australia might not have that so it might be worth it. I've know of ppl in ontario that shipped Wrx Stis from Australia before Stis became available here.
Old 03-09-2007 | 06:02 PM
Teching In

I do not think I want to deal with the hassle of shipping the car, as well as finding parts for it out there if it ever breaks.

And, my wife would probably freak out at me, and I don't want to push the envelope as she has been patient with my toys thus far!
Old 03-09-2007 | 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Hello again.......i really want to come take a look at the car if i can swing it......what is your exact address so i can see the actual drive time and stuff like that
Im in plattsburgh, NY 12901

thanks again
Old 03-10-2007 | 06:44 AM
Teching In

Sent you a PM with details.

Edit: KrychR/T decided it was too far. Still available.

Last edited by Cray; 03-10-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2007 | 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cray
Sent you a PM with details.

Edit: KrychR/T decided it was too far. Still available.

BUMP for a nice lookin car........just too far for me
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:54 PM
Teching In

Since it was so nice today up here, I decided to bring the TA out of hibernation for the winter to make sure everything was still in working order. Started right up first try without stutter and idled beautifully. I didn't take it on the roads as they are still pretty snow covered / sandy.

A couple of pictures (click for larger versions):

Old 03-17-2007 | 09:57 AM
Teching In

Price drop.
Old 03-18-2007 | 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cray
Price drop.
Just to let you know, seeing how in Australia GM cars are everywhere, they are known as 'Holden' and just about all of them are LSx powered.

You'll be able to get parts no problems what so ever. And the beauty of the internet/ebay also helps out.

But yea, i'd import it there if i were you. You'd have one of the nicest looking cars out there. You dont see many F-Body's out there...and yours is real nice.

Do ittt. Its not even hard to do.
Old 03-19-2007 | 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z28 MeTaL HeAd
But yea, i'd import it there if i were you. You'd have one of the nicest looking cars out there. You dont see many F-Body's out there...and yours is real nice.

Do ittt. Its not even hard to do.
Not hard to do?! Have you ever imported a car to Australia? You know they have to be converted to right hand drive in order to be registered and driven on public roads don't you? Last I heard that process runs about $8-10,000 on these cars. Plus the cost of shipping to the other side of the world? It makes no sense whatsoever to ship the car to Australia. Just buy one of the hot Holdens when you get down there. They are even still selling GTOs down there.

http://www.hsv.com.au/index_eseries.asp
Old 03-19-2007 | 11:40 AM
Teching In

It would be great to do, but I have no interest in pursuing it. Your points above definitely reassured me that I shouldn't be considering it.

I really like the look of the high performance UTE's by Holden & Ford. 300+ horsepower in a car / truck hybrid ... I love it.
Old 03-19-2007 | 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 396LT4
Not hard to do?! Have you ever imported a car to Australia? You know they have to be converted to right hand drive in order to be registered and driven on public roads don't you? Last I heard that process runs about $8-10,000 on these cars. Plus the cost of shipping to the other side of the world? It makes no sense whatsoever to ship the car to Australia. Just buy one of the hot Holdens when you get down there. They are even still selling GTOs down there.

No you dont. Thats like saying you have to convert every car from japan or australia that gets shipped here to left hand drive.

Ive seen left hand drive vehicles there. Vette's, fbodys, old muscle cars. They are there.
Old 03-19-2007 | 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 396LT4

Btw...the "GTO" down there, is called the Holden Monaro.
Old 03-21-2007 | 08:34 PM
Teching In

Bump.
Old 03-25-2007 | 01:58 AM
Teching In

No you dont. Thats like saying you have to convert every car from japan or australia that gets shipped here to left hand drive.
What does importing a car to Canada have to do with importing a car to Australia? They are two different countries with 2 completely different sets of laws. See:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/c...6968/sch2.html

In particular:

Part 5 General safety requirements

Note For a vehicle to be operated safely, the vehicle needs to be properly designed to minimise the potential for accidents and harm to other road users.

This Part sets out various requirements covering the driver's view from a vehicle, the driver's control of a vehicle, protection of vehicle occupants and other road users, and other general safety features.

Division 1 All vehicles

27 Steering

(1) A motor vehicle with a GVM over 4.5 tonnes must have a right-hand drive.

(2) A motor vehicle with a GVM not over 4.5 tonnes must have a right-hand drive if the vehicle:

(a) is less than 30 years old; and

(b) is required under a law of this jurisdiction to have a right‑hand drive.

Ive seen left hand drive vehicles there. Vette's, fbodys, old muscle cars. They are there.
Got pics?

I underestimated what was involved. For an actual example, see:

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...6719840%2C6767
Old 03-26-2007 | 09:16 AM
Teching In

Btw...the "GTO" down there, is called the Holden Monaro.
If you go to the site:

there is a link for the GTO.

Quick Reply: FS: 1998 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 Navy Blue Metallic