Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Walls Rod and Custom Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Walls Rod and Custom Review

I am from Winnipeg, Mb. and I need to get a new tune this spring. I am going to get a mail order tune from MadZ28 soon but i want a really good tune and not just a baseline tune. So i want to get my car dyno tuned but am looking for a place in Winnipeg to do it. Walls Rod and Custom has worked on my car a little bit but I have heard some horror stories and have been warned not to go their now. Does anyone have experiance with this shop? Who else would be good at tuning my Lt1 near Winnipeg?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Hmm..i was hoping to bring my LS1 there this spring too. I had not heard anything bad though.

Care to pm me what you heard?

I will be going from 2.73-3.42, cam, and maybe heads, and car has never been tuned.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Ive had a buddy go there an told me not to bring my car there. I also need to get my car tuned this year, im going down to Motion Perf.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Default walls is the only place to go

I dont care what you guys have heard iv been taking my cars to walls for the past several years. Brian from walls is the only one i would trust with my car. There shop might be alittle slow but you dont have a dozen grease monkeys all standing around your car like The other shops. I used to go to other shops (motion) and will never go back. I was there last summer when mike wood ceo of NX express walked in to get Brian to tune his new 427 ls motor he drove all the way from texas!!! say no more.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:34 AM

The guys who "claimed" that this place doesnt know what there doing, dont have a clue what they are talking about. I have had all my work done there on my twin turbo ls7, I was also there when the owner from NX express brought his ls7 all the way from texas for a week to have his EFI installed, setup, dynoed, and the 600 shot of direct port NX tuned. That car also was in Hot rod magazines Drag week! They are the only ones in the city or even canada that can tune the E38 ecu with EFI live! Anyways, Before you bash a facility that Has currently the fastest street car on EFI in north america, you should really do your research. There website has some pics of Mr NXs car!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Ya i brought my car their once too. He seems like a great guy and I have seen some of the nicest cars in the city bring their cars to him. I have heard stories about how he caused an engine to blow and tuned a car and then it ran slower e.t.'s after and some other stuff two. I had no problems with him at all and would like to clear up any issues so people no what kind of work he has done, good or bad. I just want to know the best place to go. It seemed to me he knows alot more about LSx than Lt1 because he kept on saying i should check things that my car didn't have, example - crankshaft position sensor. He also told me i could get an lt1 edit but I was told 93 can't use it. I was also told he doesn't actually do the tuning on his camaro, whether this is true or not i am not sure, i am just passing along what i have heard. I would really like for people to clarify this for me. Here is his website.
http://www.wallsrodcustom.com/
Old 01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

I'd like to hear what Brian has done to your car and how it improved your car or how it didn't.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM

Well, there is definatly some of the fastest cars in the city and out of the country that go there, One thing i do know is that they are into the newer EFI tuning. Brian does not like LT1s very much, In fact i shocked he even worked on yours, as he is a LS and big block kind of guy! I have been there quit a bit getting them to build my set up, I can tell you this, he knows his **** on tuning! I got to see his twin turbo lay down 1500+ rwhp, and the rubber left all over the wall after. There was nobody else in the room helping him tune either! One thing i have seen alot of there, is FJO racing uses there dyno alot with Brian to R&D there product.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Teching In

You dont have 1500hp and run 7s and not know how to tune your car ???? Give your head a shake!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Ya, I would have to agree. It takes alot of Tuning experience to go 7s in his car. I saw him at the track with it when it went 7.80s all day consistant, and its a turbo car! He also tuned a 1929 black roadster, It had 2 whipple superchargers on a 454, with a FJO stand alone fuel injection. I have seen his car driving around, Ask him why he brought his 250,000 dollar car to Walls to have it tuned!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

i know what u guys are saying and i had a hard time believing what i heard from other guys. So he really knows his stuff then but maybe just not for my car. Maybe somewhere else would be better for an Lt1?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM

I would say if you have a LT1 with no problems and good tuning software and you want it tuned good, bring it there. But they are not LT1 guys, there LSx guys, But if your thinking of a LSx implant with boost or nitrous they would definatly be the guys to go with!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

mk thanks for the advice, the lsx thing wouldn't happen unless i blew my motor. By the way what kind of numbers are you running and what kind of car do u have that powerplant in? Must be one killer car, u live around winnipeg?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by roadhog_113
mk thanks for the advice, the lsx thing wouldn't happen unless i blew my motor. By the way what kind of numbers are you running and what kind of car do u have that powerplant in? Must be one killer car, u live around winnipeg?
Yeah i havent seen anything like that in winnipeg.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

7.80s on PUMP gas yet...
Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

yet... what?

Quick Reply: Walls Rod and Custom Review