Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

LS build and internet ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011 | 11:10 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3pedals
There are no parts clerks that have a clue what we are truely after.

And the fact that an autometer mechanical temp sensor wont phisycally fit into the head - I drilled and tapped my water pump.
Barrett
Parts clerks are a joke 85% of the time. If they can't find it on the computer under a specified application, they are lost.

I did the same with my water pump. Welded a bung on the underside exit from the front of the block.

TO EVERYONE DOING THE SWAP: BEWARE OF MAGAZINE ARTICLES... Most of those articles are paid for but who ever sponsored it. For example if they are using a crate engine from "Joe's Rod Shop" he is most likely compensated somehow. Sort of like contingency stickers on race cars. All in all, the swap is not difficult but you have to do your homework. Magazine articles certainly cannot tell the whole story. Like watching one of those goofy shows on the Speed Channel where they show you some parts, a guy tearing down a car and then 15 minutes later he is doing burnouts in the parking lot. There is more to it than they show you, but don't get discouraged. Just make sure you learn as much as possible about what you are trying to accomplish. If anyone has a question about the swap feel free to send me a PM.
Old 05-19-2011 | 04:38 PM
MASS seller approved

How did anyone hot rod before the internet...I remember this old black and white Mondello olds catalog I had to work out of 12 years ago when I built my 455. Then came ebay!!! I just bought 2 carburetor baseplates brand new for less than a tank of gas. DELIVERED!
Old 05-19-2011 | 06:54 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

This is why I'm here.......get all the info I need for my swap when I get there...and then pass any info on to the next guy wanting to do the swap and help when/where I can.
Old 05-19-2011 | 07:16 PM
Old School Heavy

All I can say Aleck is that when you feel the absolutely amazing power these things put out, all that "engineering" and trial and error will be well justified.
Old 05-20-2011 | 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

It seems we've lost Aleck ( *stinky butt* ). Have'nt seen any thing from him lately. Hope he has'nt run into major problems. Ron