Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

anyone using a netbook with msd 6010 software?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pedals
my laptop doesnt recognize my usb-serial adapter unless I re-boot the computer with the adapter plugged in.
Did the trick for me.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pedals
You guys should try plugging the adapter into the USB port, then reboot the 'puter.
My computer will play nice with the MSD if I do this
Now to get my MSD to play nice with my crank sensor and show some RPM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No matter what (Windows) OS, all you need to do is got to "Device Manager", select "Ports" (may only show if the cable is hooked up and active), then look at the Com port number that has been assigned. Now go the MSD program and select the same port number. No need to reboot...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
No matter what (Windows) OS, all you need to do is got to "Device Manager", select "Ports" (may only show if the cable is hooked up and active), then look at the Com port number that has been assigned. Now go the MSD program and select the same port number. No need to reboot...
My windows vista( I know POS) would not work trying to manually select a com port, the adapter needed to be plugged in to any of the 3 usb ports, and then booted up, or the MSD would NOT sense a connection to the laptop. strange, but my Computer tech cousin spend a few hrs on it and this was my only solution.
I just wanted to lay it out incase someone else had not tryed this method when everything else fails.
Barrett

Quick Reply: anyone using a netbook with msd 6010 software?