Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Carb'd LS1 for my 71 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on wheels and tires????? cant wait to see it.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AMERICAN650
Any updates on wheels and tires????? cant wait to see it.
Quick update......finally got rear wheels yesterday from being re-made due to wrong offset. Ordered tire today from Discount Tire and got the following setup;

235/40/18 Front
285/35/19 Rear

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details

I had the BFG g-force KDW before and did not like the tire. The new g-force 2 is suppose to be leaps and bounds advanced....we will see. Part of the challenge is finding the tire sizes that I wanted for both front and rear. My first choice was Nitto 555 but the only made a 275 for the rear. Found that to be the case with several manufacturers. Tires are being shipped in so should have mounted next week and get the car off jackstands finally!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Wow this looks f*%*ing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bparrishlvx
Quick update......finally got rear wheels yesterday from being re-made due to wrong offset. Ordered tire today from Discount Tire and got the following setup;

235/40/18 Front
285/35/19 Rear

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details

I had the BFG g-force KDW before and did not like the tire. The new g-force 2 is suppose to be leaps and bounds advanced....we will see. Part of the challenge is finding the tire sizes that I wanted for both front and rear. My first choice was Nitto 555 but the only made a 275 for the rear. Found that to be the case with several manufacturers. Tires are being shipped in so should have mounted next week and get the car off jackstands finally!!!

Any pictures of the new tires and wheels mounted on the vehicle????????

Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default Wheels and Tires

No front or rear glass, no fuel, no exhaust so sitting a little high in the rear but very happy with how the stance will be!

Taking front tire back tomorrow to go one size wider.

Thought I would throw in a couple pics of the 31 Ford I just bought from my 86 year old grandfather that he restored earlier this year. So happy I have something he worked on....

Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Rolled it out of the garage today to take a couple quick pics before it got dark.....I sure wanted to go for a ride around the block, but not until I get exhaust installed. Anyone have a good source for oval exhaust pipe besides spendy spintech?

Front and rear glass get's installed next week and need to run battery cable from trunk to front power block...then driveable. Not finished but driveable.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

anyone on here running Cal Tracs with stock leaf springs on a 2nd gen
and could send me some pics of the setup? I don't like what I have going on back there with the Dana 60 and want something a little more stout.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Seriously no one?

Decided on exhaust today based on this video which was the closest setup I could find to my motor with the SLP exhaust. My motor is 11:1 with a MS4 cam, which has a larger lift and longer duration on a 111 LSA.

Install is next week and vid after that!! Music to my ears.......loud, proud and obnoxious as hell!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Loading the car on the trailer this morning to get the exhaust installed with the SLP mufflers! Excited as hell.....
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Teching In

cars coming along...

You should post some pics when the cars complete and get some high res these are extremely blurry.

love the build by the way.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AMERICAN650
cars coming along...

You should post some pics when the cars complete and get some high res these are extremely blurry.

love the build by the way.
You need to clean your monitor!!! Seriously the pictures are blurry? They look crystal clear on my screen while reading the forum and were taken with a 10 megapixel camera. Anyone else have this issue? Are you saving them to your computer and looking at them? If so they will automatically be saved to a smaller format making them blurry pixelated. If you would like to see something closeup let me know and I will pm you a link to my photobucket.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Teching In

You need to clean your monitor!!! Seriously the pictures are blurry? They look crystal clear on my screen while reading the forum and were taken with a 10 megapixel camera. Anyone else have this issue? Are you saving them to your computer and looking at them? If so they will automatically be saved to a smaller format making them blurry pixelated. If you would like to see something closeup let me know and I will pm you a link to my photobucket.

lol its probably my cheap *** screen....

Is your car finally finished tho?? or still missing windows?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

The SLP mufflers are bad A$$ and sound incredible!!! I drove the car around the block for the first time and the clutch works great, tremec shifted through the gears nice, brakes worked well, etc. Need to start on finishing the details and get this damn thing done. Ordered Cal Tracs for the rear since the stock plates need to go. Also need to get subframe connectors installed. It really comes down to $$$$, which I am afraid to start adding up what I have spent on this money pit!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I am afraid to start adding up what I have spent on this money pit!
Don't do it ! ! ! ! It will just ruin the fun.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 31 is just begging for LS1 power.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The stunningman
That 31 is just begging for LS1 power.
It is isn't it!!! Below are a couple pics of another 31 I saw over the summer that I thought was awesome...perfect inside and out! For now the 31 will stay original until I get a shop built.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Installed Cal-Tracs this weekend and like them a lot! Video at idle below....more to come!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Just a quick update. Locked out the timing at 35 and it seems to be good. Air/fuel ration on the quickfuel 750 is off as it is running rich so I need to read how to change the air bleeds. Also, thinking of adding an air/fuel gauge from one of the header flange bungs. Put the hood on and need to take it to a body shop as I came close to chipping paint...I guess some things are ok to not do myself. My ego disagreed but my wallet wins!!!! I may have hood clearance issues with the dizzy as it will be really close. Need to get the sub box built and get the glass in it so I can set the pre-load on the cal-tracs.

Took my Dad for a short ride as he came into town from Montana for the Mopars at the Strip show last weekend. He was grinning from ear to ear and grabbing the edge of the seat....made me smile! It is seriously quick and can't wait to see what it will do at the track.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 AM

What would happen if you put a vacuum secondary carb instead of the double pumper? How is the double pumper? Is it just better power wise, or is it efficient too? I never used one, so excuse my lack of intelligence in this category.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Haven't been able to work on the car in months as work has been beyond busy and have not had two consecutive days off since January. I started working on the trunk and getting the amp rack built along with fitment for the sub box. I started with 1/2" mdf and made a lot of cardboard templates before cutting. Once I get it finished I will take it to the interior shop to get all the vertical panels built since I have no idea how to do that. I decided to go the JL Audio sub box, which fit perfectly! 6"x9" MB Quart with separates in the rear and MB Quart in the dash for front fill. I also finally got the battery relocated to the trunk. Still need to get the glass set and hood adjusted. A couple pics of the rack so far.

Quick Reply: Carb'd LS1 for my 71 Camaro